It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First issue of Punisher in Your Hands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The first issue of Punisher is gonna be released to movie goers on Friday so if yah want the comic go on and watch the film.

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by flap_jack_man]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I already have the first issue of the Punisher comic, plus 2 and 3 sitting in my queue at my comic shop. I didn't buy them b/c I didn't want to ruin the movie but, I already read the story since its based on a storyline in the Punsher called "Welcome Back, Frank."

Regards,
Colonel, the Temporary Comic Geek

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I already have the first issue of the Punisher comic, plus 2 and 3 sitting in my queue at my comic shop. I didn't buy them b/c I didn't want to ruin the movie but, I already read the story since its based on a storyline in the Punsher called "Welcome Back, Frank."

Regards,

You own a comic shop, suddenly all my anger has faded. Bravo Colonel, at least we can agree on something.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Regards,

Colonel, it is only partly based on that. They changed a few subtle things. A real fan would know that.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
So how much do you suppose that Punisher #1 is worth now anyways? I picked up a copy a few years ago for 95 cents... just a tad curious.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

Regards,

You own a comic shop, suddenly all my anger has faded. Bravo Colonel, at least we can agree on something.

I don't "own" a comic shop. You misinterpreted what I wrote. I go to a specific comic shop regularly which is why I used the possessive "my." So, please bring your crappy anger back.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Already got it... all of the first series (The Punisher), all of War Journal, all of War Zone... most of the second run (when he headed a mob family), only one of when he worked for Heaven (crappy series), all of the latest by Ennis... plus the graphic novels, Punisher Magazine, Marvel Tales Presents... all his cross-overs (including Punisher meets Archie)... Batman vs Punisher...

I think the only Punisher I am missing is when he was in Captian America... ummm... issue 179? Something like that.

But don't worry... there aren't any fanatics on a conspiracy site.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Punisher met Archie??? **shudders**

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It had the cardboard cut cover... Punisher was tracking down a drug dealer who went into hiding at Archie's home town...

They had Castle acting as a sub teacher, caparoned the dance... gawd...

The only good part was Archie and the gang were drawn 'their' way, with the Punisher drawn normal...

But, I suppose no collection is complete without something forgetable!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
By the way, I think we should clear things up here.

It was a copy of the first appearence of the Punisher, not Punisher #1 (Vol 1 I am assuming).

I too have the Punisher/Archie one. I thought the best crossover was the Punisher/Batman (with Bruce Wayne not the other guy).

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
I too have the Punisher/Archie one. I thought the best crossover was the Punisher/Batman (with Bruce Wayne not the other guy).

Sorry to hear you have the Archie...

I don't know... the Batman (Wayne) was okay... but I don't see it ending the way it did. Since when was the Punisher a 'thug' or 'brawler'? He takes on Daredevil, Spider-Man, Wolverine... and on and on... yet acts like a fool?

I personally liked the Punisher/Batman (Azreal) issue. Shows you no matter what kind of fancy gear you have, all it takes is a gas gernade.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer

Sorry to hear you have the Archie...

Wouldn't be a complete set without it.

I personally liked the Punisher/Batman (Azreal) issue. Shows you no matter what kind of fancy gear you have, all it takes is a gas gernade.

Yeah, but Frank took him out with a punch. He and Bruce at least tangled for a few panels.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Since we're talking about the issues now...

Just read COOL HAND's reply on the movie, so I have to add this...

What I want to see is Punisher vs Spawn. Why not? Punisher met Batman, Batman met Spawn... why not Punisher fighting Spawn? Hell, Castle fought Ghost Rider...

But yeah, just so you and I are on the same level... I have that issue of Spider Man with Punisher's first appearance. Took a while to get it, but I was in the service at the time, I had free money.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamnableSara
So how much do you suppose that Punisher #1 is worth now anyways? I picked up a copy a few years ago for 95 cents... just a tad curious.

Punisher has had many #1's. The Punisher has had many different tittles and volumes.
The first appearance of Punisher was in Amazing Spider-Man #129. That book is worth almost $400.00
The first Punisher comic in 1986, issue 1 is worth about 20 bucks. So if you got that for 95 cents you have made a decent profit.

new topics

top topics

join