It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. judges admit to jailing children for money

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

You know what, you may just have the answer. I like it. Even the death penalty doesn't stop some people from murdering though. But since corruption by its nature is premeditated, we'd nail most of them and they would die.

I'll take that one step further. They should be killed in a way that is absolutely cruel and unusual punishment, and that causes the most pain, for the longest time- and do it publicly. Fight total barbarism with total barbarism. If it takes killing hundreds or even thousands of corrupt public officials in this way, some people are going to think real long and hard about becoming one. But seeing as public office carries such immense public trust, and society in itself DEPENDS on this relationship- then it is reasonable that the penalty be so "unreasonable."

On the same token though, since you put your life up against the office, pay should be increased to provide a pretty good living, and reduce incentive dramatically to become corrupt. The same penalty should also apply to those seeking to corrupt the official.

States secret privileges should be abolished. 4 year term limits on any office. And there's probably plenty more that can be done that would tie in to this system as well. Like abolish lobbying completely because it is undue influence on public office, and it is unfair to those who don't have the money.

It's time to get real serious against corruption. And when I say real serious, I MEAN REAL SERIOUS.

I would be one to take such an oath of office, and put my life up against it. No problem.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by xyankee

I'll take that one step further. They should be killed in a way that is absolutely cruel and unusual punishment, and that causes the most pain, for the longest time- and do it publicly. Fight total barbarism with total barbarism. If it takes killing hundreds or even thousands of corrupt public officials in this way, some people are going to think real long and hard about becoming one. But seeing as public office carries such immense public trust, and society in itself DEPENDS on this relationship- then it is reasonable that the penalty be so "unreasonable."

I second that!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This case and the fact that it represents only the tip of the penal system corruption iceberg ,is a CRISIS of epic proportions

all of you who have responded to this are unanimous in your disgust and fear and loathing of this well done ATSers

I also am going to forward this to the white house ,I will do this repeatedly,until somebody somewhere answers me in a meaningful way

I have been worried about this issue for a long time but this is a good catalyst for action

look up the West Memphis Three and an HBO special called Paradise Lost ,it's a holocaust of injustice

Any way I'm going to rattle all the cages I can over this please all of you do the same

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It is screwed up but also try to grasp that what passes for laws (statutes, regulations, acts) are corporate rules. Most courts today are corporations with "Business hours". They act on corporate property (the straw man) and have no real legal legitimacy over living human being. They owe their allegiance to the "Crown" ie "Crown Court" or "Templar Crown Court" ie the Vatican.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Owners of the Facilities

Western Pennsylvania Child Care and Pennsylvania Child Care in Pittston, Luzerne County, are owned by Greg Zappala, brother of Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen A. Zappala Jr. and son of former state Supreme Court Chief Justice Stephen A. Zappala Sr.

Link

So, as usual, it's all in the family.

reply to post by theresult

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm so angry about! I have just been pacing back and forth.
Maybe instead of death and torture (which would be fine w/me), these monsters should have their children locked up, for a very long time, in similar facilities, while they remain free. They can go to bed every night, wondering what their children are going through and feeling.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Don't forget Dick Cheney's 'private' prisons here in the US for inmates. God knows how many have been falsely convicted for these assholes

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Remember, they got caught...

There will always be assholes like this and there are a lot more but they are not representative of the whole.

They were caught out by somebody and the truth came out on top.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I was appalled at the facts of this post, but I am also appalled at many of the responses.
- some advocating not only death or torture of the perps but also of their families and kids! Where's the justice in that?
It kind of makes me think that the reason there is so much graft and evil in American society is that there is so much graft and evil in American society -- even the supposedly "good" people want only revenge, death and destruction.

If only you could see yourselves -- but alas, you can't see the forest for the trees. You are too mired in the muck to know that there is even an edge to it -- an alternative, that has something to do with compassion and growth, and not just more destruction.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Ah, those bastards! Those crooks have stained a great institution, what kind of example are they setting for those that wish... *laugh* i couldn't keep it up with a straight face.

Come on people, judges are people and they have bills and want that bentley as much as we do. This is no surprise, but damn giving kids longer sentences, kids! All well, we'll see them on the greasy side no doubt.

They are done in law and their livelihoods are forever forsaken. Another one fails, another one falls, another one bites the dust!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

wow.................this system has officially failed ladies and gentlemen....

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Zowie,oaktree good post!

this actually somehow makes it even worse,and I didn't think that was possible

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I just want to make it clear that the suggestions I made are not suggestive of a "savage person", I don't condone or agree punishing anyone but the criminal offender. Considering the responsibility of the positions I am speaking about, the fact that decisions and choices made by this person may effect hundreds or more, there is no room corruption. Lives are at stake.

You must also remember I said that this person taking the oath of office is well aware of what happens if caught exploiting there authority.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
So do something about it.

Stand with Caica, with Isaccorp, and get behind Congressman George Millers bill.
Stop Child Abuse in Residential Programs for Teens Act of 2009
www.opencongress.org...

While it's not going to be of any help concerning the judges, holding these programs accountable after 24 years of their abuses and excesses being out of the public eye is a substantial step forward.

And for those that reside in PA they should push their state reps for a full accounting and audit of all the cases regarding juvenilles not just processed by those judges, but statewide, because where there's two roaches, you know there are plenty more.

Do NOT assume that because the judges are going to jail that the people they sent up are going to get a case review or have justice done, that will not happen without significant public outrage to lubricate the wheels of justice, and is well worth a quick letter or phone call to your state reps office, preferably a hardcopy letter, which is immune to email filters and the all too handy delete key.

Channel your ire at the people responsible for correcting the matter and force them to do it, rather than holding it in and harming only yourself with it.

Don't fall into the trap of feeling powerless just because you're not sure anyone else will stand with you if you stand up, because all it takes is one person with the courage to do it, to encourage many others to stand up with them.

"Someone should DO something!" - right ?

Well, you're someone - how about it ?

-R6

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Perhaps you were thinking/hoping when you said this:

If they are found guilty of ANY criminal offense against the public, they will pay by execution, period.
that the consequences are so great that no-one would ever dare to break the rules, I dunno?

I think reality is not like that. You cannot by force or threat alone make people act responsibly or ethically.
They have to want to do it; otherwise they will always find a way around the law.
Just thinking in terms of taking someone's life; for whatever reason, feeds into a mindset of violence that permeates every level of American society today. Executing a person is a violent act itself.
Until the majority of people are prepared to put aside violence of any description and replace it with values like compassion, humility and understanding, then our world will remain a place full of corruption and evil. You/we have to change the mindset away from evil towards only good.
What goes around comes around. You/we beget what we sow. There is no escaping that truth.
peace

[edit on 2/18/2009 by wayno]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is sadly what the world this day in age has come to. I wonder what the people shocked to read this true will think when mass conspiracies for profit are discovered and proven. I think the day in which that is to happen will be the day the ordinary people will say enough is enough.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join