It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. judges admit to jailing children for money

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

You know what , im pro life in many ways but you are so correct, what gives the people who are ment to follow the law make it an ass and DESTROY other lives with the TOTAL GREED that is show in this artical..

lets look at this in more detail

A kid is arrested for say smoking pot or something of that nature he goes befor a judge.. who is ment to sentence him in a manner in acordance with the law.. BUT then the only reason he is passing this stentance is for PROFIT...

HOW VERY VERY EVIL this amasipation on a scale and at a level that blows my mind!!!!!!!!!!!

we are not talking about KILLERS here we are talking about KIDS who may have gone down a wrong path in life.. who are ment to look up to this person as a moral figure ONLY to find out "not that they did" THAT the reason you have the sentance was FOR # PROFIT not becouse it was a moral judgement on the part of the JUDGE but him being a greedy evil man who would see like DESTROYED so he could have his nice house and car and kiss his kids and wife befor he left for work KNOWING FULLY he was INCARSIRATING KIDS FOR MONEY

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL KNOWING THAT IF YOU HAD KIDS? PLEASE?

GOD DAMMIT IM SO # ANGRY RIGHT NOW

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
If they do this to kids imagine how many innocent adults are in jail.

Its all about the money. I know this.

ps A lot of cops are a angels compared to what lies beyond the reach of that part of the system. At least the cops are hands on...humans.....but once you get into system and somebody else is calling the shots you begin to understand that your life is not your own and that almost everything beyond that is simply a system of slavery.

It does not take long to see that even the judges are not in charge.....nor the State for that matter.

The question begs to be asked of course.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult

For Profit?? who PAYS for this? to lock kids up longer than normal??

mad is a total understatement

[edit on 14-2-2009 by theresult]

I believe you pay for it so do I and everyone else who pays taxes. It is very disturbing. The government contracts out prisons why? it must be much more expensive to pay the corporate ceo their big bonuses then just have a state run system.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

pa has never been a state for the children, they protect their child sexual preditors! you cant find anything about the sex offenders in pa. its shameful how they protect the perp and not the victim.
i was 12 when a man in his late 30's tried to rape me, and the prosicuter told me i was full of crap and never even attempted to try this man.
at 13 i had to leave home because of all the physical abuse i suffered at the hands of my family...cracked teeth, black eyes, purple faced and hungry. finally when the law picked me up because my 19 yr. old boyfriend was beating the heck out me, the courts never asked once where were my parents, why wasnt i in school, or who was responsible for this minor...instead i was thrown into some kind of juvinile detension center! JUST because i was homeless, abused, uneducated and very very hungry!!!! ='( the 19 yr old boyfiriend was never so much as sited for beating a minor, or have sex with a minor...i was the one who was punished, and i never broke any laws, i wasnt even legally responsible for myself, yet i was punished.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I am also against the death penalty, but I feel in the case of such authority it is the only way to get some of these greedy bastards on the st8 and narrow. I think they would think real hard before they did something f up.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The other fact is that no one is forcing them to choose that responsibility. If you don't feel YOU have the moral ability to take that oath to serve, THEN DON'T DO IT.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This unfortunately goes on nationwide. In TX, one of the facilities, and there are many of them nationwide, was being used for sex with boys. They had rape rooms and also took the boys off premise to have orgies with them. This is well documented, in case you think otherwise.

The private prisons are used for cheap labor, again, this is a nationwide phenomenon, which should tell you why we have the most people in prison of any country in the world.

The govt brings in the drugs, Law enforcement imprisons the users and dealers and everyone makes a profit, and keeps the funding levels high for local and state law enforcement.

Another scam using humans to make profit, and satisfy the hunger for sex for pedophiles and sexual deviants.

Wake up America to the real world. Turn off your TV and join reality.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I bet these judges also didn't report their bribes as income. That's tax evasion.
Looks like some guaranteed prison time is in order. And all that goes with it.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
not really much that you can say about this

for a long time now ive been saying judges have too much power

i thought our country was created to make things like this impossible, but we're losing our oversight, our justice system has clearly failed as of late, we truly need a renovation of the authorities in our justice system

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by octaviameister

remember the movie "Sleepers" (1996) starring brad pitt?
where those boys in ny swear that they were sexually abused in juvie,
those boys swore it was true, but ny says not so...i believe those boys

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by frankdatank

reminds me of the movie robo cop, where private industry controlls prisons, cops and the government.
almost everyday i wake up and hope all of this is just a dream, surely today the air will be clean and the food and water are safe for consumption. tears running as i see the crissed crossed skies...i mourn for all. a tear for you and a tear for me,
is there anything we can really do, or is it all just our destiny?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My god.. I feel ill after seeing that. I knew it was bad in a way, the privatised prisons, the prison industrial complex, I knew they hired lobbyists to call for stronger and more laws so they can get more people locked up and make more money, but this is just sick. When it's lobbyists trying to get mandatory long sentences, even though I think that's evil, at the very least they go though the legal means to introduce the legislation, and then people are supposed to be convicted fairly under those new laws.

But this it too much, and I guess it should have been expected.

It reminds me of private healthcare, the way it's in their interest to not help anyone, and deny as much treatment as possible.

I'm not a fan of big government like many, but there are certain things I think are so important and open to abuse that we must have them either non-profit in some way, or via the state. Police, Fire, Schools, Medical, Prison.

I know the state is useless in many ways, but even with their poor management and mistakes, on systems as important as this, you are still better off with a government program, as their waste can never match the amount lost to profit in a private system.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
These two judges, these human scum, should be locked up for the rest of their lives. It is an outrage to take money for jailing people, especially kids...and this is so sick.

If I could, I would insure that these rats never see the light of day again. If they are allowed to remain free. it is an insult to all that is decent and right. Millions paid to imprison kids for no reason....this has to be the most maddening story I have heard in a while.

Just think of staying 3 months in jail because you were hanging out with a kid who shoplifted....and ALL of these kids had NO attorney and NO money...or they would have been red flags raised every time this happened in their courts.

If only the crooked judges and cops had but one neck for me to snap!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Now you can understand why im so outraged!!

I dont get mad alot, tho i do love my debates on ats and so forth but this artical just hit me so hard...

I do find it hard to put into words.. kids? i mean cmon this needs investigating or someting its totaly mind blowing.. and yes i will say this again

EVIL

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Thats absolutely ridiculous. These kids lives are being thrown away for a little bit of money.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
At the core of this issue is lesson. Every good idea has its limitations. The free market system is a good idea, to a point. In the US it has been allowed to go too far. People in every walk of life in the US seem to feel that anything is allowable in the pursuit of personal wealth. Its like a code of "unethics" (I know that is not a word) that supercedes every other value in American society.
Just look at how the corporate elite feel its their "right" to soak the average Joe for all its worth, without even a hint of remorse.
Yes, we all know government can get too big, and that is bad, but there is a place for it too. In Canada our judges are appointed; not elected. I am not sure that would prevent corruption, but at least there is a seed of a possibility that there is something more to it than profit and greed -- such as reputation and qualifications.
This story, of stealing children's youth and possibly ruining their futures, for profit, is one of the sickest things to come out of America for awhile now.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Wow I live in this county, I really didn't think it would make it onto ATS although it is big news around here! There is a lot more to this story but I don't have all the information, I'm 25 and I have a few friends who are still paying their juvenile court costs and what not from being wrongfully sentenced under these judges.... Not only was money being taken to have kids locked up, money was also taken from the county for building repairs on this juvenile hall... The building was substandard and was deemed not fit to house any of the supposed juveniles in their with some reports or asbestos in the building... The whole courthouse is under FBI investigation right now and I know this is just the tip of the iceberg as to what is going to come, hopefully justice is served and these scums are sentenced to the full extent of the law, but these judges have expensive lawyers unlike my friends who had nothing, so of course justice will not be served fairly....
On a side note my friend is still paying $4,000 for the instance where he was wrongfully locked up and he asked me if he should fill a lawsuit against the county, I said why the hell not? At the very least you should have all the court costs and other money wiped clean, you should also get restitution for time spent in the facility but with my own knowledge I know getting money back from the system is darn near impossible even when they're in the wrong! This is SICK

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This situation is truly monstrous. That is the only word I can come up with.
Monstrous, but, unfortunately, probably common.

The money these judges received should be broken up amongst all these kids as a reparation.

And, the children of these judges should be thrown in jail.

This is the only way the "upper crust" of our society will ever understand what they have been doing to the rest of us.

The entire Justice System needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.
There needs to be a way to get "the people" more involved, monitoring and making decisions that affects us.
There should be a Police Force, that polices the Police.

Our entire culture has ended up in a place where the old rules, securities and beliefs no longer apply.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by SumnerKagan]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Normally I'm against the death penalty, but I favor it in cases of political, judicial, or police corruption. In these cases it would truly have a deterrent effect, especially if you hung about twenty at a time. In this particular case the two judges, their accountants, the cops who brought the victims to slaughter, the CEOs and senior staff of the facilities should all be hung, shot, or garroted: I don't particularly care, although crucifixion seems appropriate.

But one aspect no seems to understand is that if the US didn't jail so many people unnecessarily, the unemployment figures would be far higher. So I think this sort of judicial malfeasance is actually more well-thought out than most realize or would credit. But it makes sense if you need to jigger the employment numbers in your favor: just eliminate enough potential workers to bring the numbers down and simultaneously eliminate your responsibility for part of the economy.

And so long as one judge is doing this sort of thing and his or her colleagues allow it, those colleagues are just as guilty and deserve equal punishment.

It's sad when you can feel only contempt for your own country's legal and police systems.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
this same thing is happening to men/women accused of pedophilia, whether they did it or not. the cases get railroaded in, the accused gets little or no ability to defend him or herself. and all to show the numbers, for more money the next year and the PR that they caught X amount of pedophiles this year. it's becoming so lucrative, they've started arresting teenagers with interest in each other, as pedophiles. how can a kid be a pedophile, i really don't know

[edit on 15-2-2009 by undo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join