It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. judges admit to jailing children for money

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
The horrifying aspect is this is going on ALLOVER ,our penal system NOT just with kids
and it's wrong wrong wrong,no matter who gets in the system their screwed ,
this is a horrible horrible turn of events ,thaty we are all owned by some corporation some where
G%D@#N , M*&%$RF@#$@*&G GREEDY FASCISTS

IMHO the system (the big system, no just the private prison) as all is complete messed.

I was thinking about the stock market and got to this conclusion....

Thing about this:
Currently most BIG corporations are organized as open company (sorry i don't the english business term for this) where you can buy company' shares to own them.
Shares are sold in the open market and can be bought by anyone but usually a middleman company/investment institutions. And these companies for other hand sell its investment package for the great public (you, the average joe). Everybody knows that currently there is a great participation from the grand public in the stock market game.
This assumption is mostly correct, right?

In this scenario, you really don't know who control who.. because the CEO/directors are guided by the ultimate goal to provide profit to share holders. The share holders don't care what you do.... just want the damn profit. But if you think: who own these shares after all? The average joe... and this same average joe is the "victim" from the decisions of the top command (CEO/directors).

From what I see.. the money itself became the real owner and master mind behind all the system. It's alive, none really control the money, the money itself became hungry for more monkey...

I think its crazy talk

pps: sorry for my bad english lol
edit: edited to try fix my bad english
edit2: clarification
[edit on 14/2/09 by blackcube]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

You are right to an extent. However these companies that run these facilities cannot be publically traded companies ( that is a contract stipulation as well as a regulatory one). They CAN have investors and share-holders that are actually employed be the company itself. Kinda like my last job. Which a major grocery chain in the South and East. They are large enough that they can be publically -traded, but in order to ensure thier stock-prices are determined by thier profitability andnot the whims of speculators they do not trade shares publically. Instead each employee is given a certain number of shares each year as well as being able to purchase extra shares to help with retirement etc. This keeps the our investment steady and has only dropped about 3 dollars a share since this mess began. These private corrections companies sign onto a set of regulations to follow in order to retain the contracts and honestly have little or no oversight in the execution of the contract.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
reply to post by blackcube

You are right to an extent. However these companies that run these facilities cannot be publically traded companies ( that is a contract stipulation as well as a regulatory one).

Sorry.. that's the problem about someone that don't talk english =P Sometimes we can't express our ideas very well.

I was trying to refer to the big system (the capitalism if you want a name). And the corporations: I was talking about the big ones, not a chain of stores or a single company that in the grand scheme of power structure is not a big player.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
These "judges" are probably similar to the average judge in US...that is why US has the highest percentage of prisoners in the world. Money. Also this is the way to destroy a nation.
Most of the judges never get caught. These must have had some issue with someone powerful, so they let them get caught.
The best thing is never to have anything to do with law. Treat each and every law, no matter how insignificant it is, as a dangerous rule that can end your life. Be extremely careful...even though that may not be enough. If they want to get you, they will.
That is the world that we live in. America, "land of freedom". If it makes you feel better, the rest of the world is the same...and worse.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by greshnik]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by greshnik
The best thing is never to have anything to do with law. Treat each and every law, no matter how insignificant it is, as a dangerous rule that can end your life.

That is so true. The most minor infraction with a cop, for any reason can see your life turned upside down. Look at one of them the wrong way and you're gone, literally. It's not right, but it's how it is.

Surviving today is a battle, for most people it's easier to do what they're told to do, no matter what.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

HOW SAD IS THIS ? now we come to the issue no matter what we do there ius a 'law ' that will end any hope for happiness we have

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Capitalism at its finest.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
ha!

Oh man, what a great country we live in eh?

God I wish I lived in Canada.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This is disgusting.
Think about the amount of MONEY involved here. I imagine this is going on all over the place, it only makes sense. But 2.6 MILLION for this from TWO judges?!
Just Imagine the total cost of this evil. Which is being payed for completely by you and I. We pay the salary of the judge who sends innocent (and I say that because even just extending their sentence is injust and nulls their conviction) people to prison which we also pay for. Which means, the money that these prisons make is being turned around and paid to the judges over the top. Once again, on our dime, as it is our taxes that pay their wages.

This is absurd!!!
There needs to be serious attention brought to this immediately!

Unfortunately, I would wager that most people in this disgusting shell of a Country will pay little attention to an issue as grave as even this.

The logistics of the sham will confuse most.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Oh geeze, my hometown (Northeastern PA) has made the ATS board twice in one week. First, someone posted that our own Congressman Kanjorski mentioned on a CSPAN video that the last stimulus was passed because there was a "run on the banks" of $500B (in money markets) on Sept 15th. Now our 2 local judges make international news. Around my area, power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It is called SLAVERY.
And courts are slave markets.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
You know, I've sat back, I've contemplated all I have read on this board and in the article. I've looked up the case and read a lot of that text... And I still just don't know what to say to this. I have such a jumbled mix of feelings. This really bothers me you guys. This has emotionally affected me in a way I didn't think possible. This is very powerful stuff...The idea of this. You can't pay a professional to make this up...

I don't know. I just don't know. What am I supposed to think? I mean, I know what I'm supposed to, and I think that too, but... what rationalization could cause a human being to do this to another, especially minors who have their who lives ahead of them?

I don't know...I just don't know.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by projectvxn]

[edit on 15-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
OH shock. OH awe. OH dear.

Like this is supposed to be a surprise? Corruption in this country is systemic. It's not just some isolated incident buried in some conspiracy theory book any more.

I'll admit I shook my head at this one. :shk:

But I am still shaking my fists in rage over all the people KILLED over the Iraq war which was planned long before Bush ever took office.

Yeah they need to jail these judges, no question. And they need to jail the bribers too. But they need to HANG the Bush cabal for the lies they used to justify the killing of so many people, including our own.

People are just becoming complacent and insensitive any more. Corruption in the news is the norm now. Who cares? Another day, another corrupt official. Another police brutality case. Another illegal, unjustified murder. Ho hum. Life moves on. Until it happens to you.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Well I care. Though I am not surprised I am certainly taken aback by the sheer level of immorality and dereliction of duty seen here. It is shocking to me. This is immensely far reaching in all probability and something must be done. If this is the way our justice system works then there is NO way for justice to ever truly be doled out in a trustworthy fashion.

If this is the way things are...Then Bush and his gang will NEVER see a day in court.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I am still gobsmacked

I have read the comments of my fellow ATS'ers and to be frank "no thats not my name".. Im going to send this off to the whitehouse via a nice email.. becouse SOMETHING needs to be done about this..

Im not talking about the case. im talking about the very fact this happend via the "methord"

Kids being locked up longer??? for PROFIT becouse fo a private FRIM is just down right IMMORAL..

I am totaly lost for words and like someone els said this has affected me greatly..

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult

is this a joke??? how totaly EVIL can someone be ???

There really is only one word that does this situation justice, and you said it: EVIL. Beyond that I don't even know what to begin to say.

How could these men wake up and look at themselves in the mirror each morning?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I just saw something yesterday that shows the power the police think they have.

whilst walking home I saw 2 police officers enter a bus to arrest some drunk who had been hassling other passengers, there was a lot of kids standing watching what was going on.

once the guy was put in the police van they told the kids to move along, they didn't, as kids would. they werent giving any cheek, one kid abou 12 was standing with his hands in the front of the waist of his trousers, the cop then told him if he didn't move he would be arrested for FEELING HIMSELF UP in a public place.

2 things here, if you dont do what you're told we'll make up a charge to get you, second if it's now an offence to have your hands in your trousers surely he should have been arrested anyway.

Its a sad day........

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I have posted my feelings on this before but no one seemed to even read it but I think if you want to stop all or most of the corruption in public service, from the judges, police, congressmen, ect. here is what to do..

Make sure anyone who takes an oath of office understands that by accepting this position they are insuring there integrity with there LIFE. If they are found guilty of ANY criminal offense against the public, they will pay by execution, period.

People in these positions are not forced to take office, so If you don't feel you can be 100% by the book honest, then don't take office. It is that simple. These positions are not something that should be taken by just popularity contests. People in these positions have the ability to destroy the lives of many which should including there own.

I don't think there would be as many people running to get into office, and the ones who do, I personally would trust a little more.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hopefully they will start looking towards some judges in the state of Virginia next, as something quite similar happened to me. I spent in total- 14 months in jail because of library books. I also now have 2 felonies on my record. Yes, they sent me to jail longer than some murderers over Library books. Dont believe me? Just do a search on youtube for Libraries and jail, or library fines and jail.
This insanity has to end. I can no longer vote, get a decent job, or become a nurse and work at a hospital as I had planned. Even after 4 years, it still hurts to think back to it. I was just a kid, not some hardened criminal. The things I saw and had to experience throughout that whole ordeal still haunt me to this day. After I was released I suffered from post-traumatic stress syndrome for about 3 years. Now tell me, was that, and is this fair??

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This is one incidence people. Just one.

Unless more investigations lead to others, it is just one.

There are probably hundreds of thousands of judges in the US, so this is only a fraction.

As someone posted, they are only human. Humans are capable of corruption. They are also capable of great things.

I have seen judges that are way to leniant. I have seen good cops, lazy cops, and very devoted cops.

We recently had an officer be very gracious to us.

I am kinda surprised that judges had trouble finding candidates for the detention system.

The bigger problem with this is that now every case these guys had has to be re-reviewed and possible real criminals are going to go free.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join