It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. judges admit to jailing children for money

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

U.S. judges admit to jailing children for money

uk.news.yahoo.com

Two judges pleaded guilty on Thursday to accepting more than $2.6 million from a private youth detention centre in Pennsylvania in return for giving hundreds of youths and teenagers long sentences.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
is this a joke??? how totaly EVIL can someone be ???

I was totaly shell shocked reading this !!!

Words can not do justice to how i feel about this

I mean how can anyone do such a thing ?? and then get money for longer sentances? and you wonder why the kids today are totaly messed up with so called men of the law who are ment to be trusted.. makes me totaly SICK

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-2-2009 by theresult]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I don't even know what to say. This is just so screwed up. There needs to be a nation wide investigation to make sure this is not happening anywhere else. This is absolutely ludicrous...I just don't know what to say here. I have seen some damned screwed up things in my day, but this has got to be the worst.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

If we had any real representation, or at least public servants that adhere to a moral code, this admission would initiate a nation-wide audit of the "for-profit" correctional institutions and all the senators and/or congressmen (or political appointees) intimately associated with their enterprise.

America has been indoctrinated to take for granted that civil authority 'delegated' or 'auctioned off' to corporations need no oversight and are not subject to scrutiny.

Sad. Very sad. Where's the justice department now? Oh yeah, listening to our phone calls - because we can't be trusted.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Of course it is happening elsewhere in the U.S. Why do you think that only well-connected, well-off, lawyers and businessmen and women are successful in acquiring these types of offices? It is a buddy's club that starts in law colleges and extends into the upper-business echelon in our community. Didn't you know that your ability to judge and make decisions on a just and fair level is directly in proportion to the amount of money you rake in during the year? Capitalism at its finest!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
you know after reading this i its just hit me...

private youth detention centre

who or what is this private youth detention center??

WHO paid the people????

im going to investigate this more i want to know who runs the centers!!!!

Mark Ciavarella ---- Someone paid this guy from this center "ceo" who the # is running this show? or this company???

Just so you know i fired off an email>>

---------------------

Dear Sir Madam

I would like information on the CEO of the current addminsration of this company..

I wish to contact him/her about a matter that is very important.. fail to respond will result in a request via the freedom of infromation act.

Regards Mr D. Jenkins

---------------------

This is the most desterbing thing i have ever seen... PAID to encarisrate kids for longer than what is nessary????

For Profit?? who PAYS for this? to lock kids up longer than normal??

mad is a total understatement

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
When people who make the laws and distribute the laws are corrupt, there might as well be no laws.

The law is an ass. These judges prove it.

Follow your morals, not what the government calls 'laws'.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

dj i would totaly agree but cmon these are our kids? i mean ok if your an adult "not like thats any better" but kids? being used for profit by people who are ment to care for missguyided kids?

this is way below the belt for me and evil more than i can say.. this is the type of things that turns kids into killers...

I feel totaly sick in my tummy reading this

and i agree with another poster im totaly lost for words and there needs to be an investigation into this "private" company and others it seems like some kinda racket.. the longer we keep people in prison there more money they scam from the goverment to "keep" the unwanted in jail??

Profit ? based on the very thing that is our future regardless of what the kids have done THEY ARE KIDS FFS!!!!

totaly AMAZED and SICK

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If this doesn't tick my friends off, then I don't know what will.
I have been trying and trying to tell them that the government doesn't give a flying # about them...Not one bit, and no one listens.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is truly appalling but not surprising ,exactly the result I would and did expect from a for profit prison system

If the prison system is for profit no one but the" Wardens "can stay out of prison
this should be a wake up call about what happens when you let a MEGA CORPORATION ,run what should be a government facility

they run it for profit taxpayers still foot the bill it costs three times as much and we are the victims

we pay twice once out of our taxes and again when we lose our freedom to profit a company with no accountability to us "citizens"

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

Im not joking when i say this.. i cried reading that artical..

I want to see justice for the kids in this.. not money but someone better go to jail and see how they like being used for profit...

we are talking about kids here.. not adults KIDS!! ok i know some kids can be little # but at the same time we all were little # at one point or another but to keep them locked up for MONEY?????????????????

WAY WAY EVIL and the so called men of law who PUT kept the poor kids in this HELLHOLE longer than nessasery... infact i have no idea what i would do.. everything i think of seems not even close to the rage i feel right now

-------------------------

www.midatlanticyouth.com...

_---------------------

AAARGG I WANT TO SCREAAM!!!!

Check there LOVELY WEBSITE

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

please, do not misunderstand me...i'm as appalled as you are. Just not as surprised. This isn't abberant behavior. This is the norm in our legal system. It is about the almighty dollar for everyone involved EXCEPT the prosecuted. Privatized corrections facilities have become all the rage in America. It alleviates a significant burden from the State at the same time lining the pockets of those who helped put those politicians into office. Your children, my children are all a fiscal figure to them as are the millions being funneled into the CJS daily. Can't pay your fines? Lien on the home. Can't do all of your community service you can either pay-out the time or go back to jail for 30 days. Either way they will get thier money. This way it ensures that they have a new generation of people who are gonna be familiar with the CJS and become returning cash-cows.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i did understand what you was saying but this should be against the law!!!

how can we lock up kids for longer?? by a "private" company its like a ponzy scheme on life itself "or" atleast the incaroration of it?

If this happens in england or "infact" im going to check becouse if it can happen in the usa then im sure it can happen in the UK.. just totaly goes against my moral fiber.. more so when its our kids.. and i know kids dont end up in places like this for being well behaved but cmon keeping them locked up longer than what is needed is just SICK..

i dont know what to think right now im so raged and that dont happen much when im on ats even when i deal with indigo children!!!

this as hit a raw nerv for me totaly

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

What to say to this?
Im sorry, but this is just sickening. People wonder why the majorityof open eyed people view cops and the legal system the way they do?
Arent they supposed to lead by example? What if those were your kids?
Think about that for a second, what would you do if they were? Would you sit here and blog about it, or stand and fight against this sort of thing?
Like this world isnt in enough sh$t already. Corrupt politicians, corrupt police officers, corrupt CEOs, Corrupt Bankers, Corrupt prosecuters, Corrupt Judges, and we the people, harmless individuals who barely makeitby everyday are the bad guys while being judged by these pricks(for the lackof a harsher word). How can we obey the law when the law itself isnt being obeyed by the people whom are enforcing them?
I dont know what to do about our legal system, for it is so screwed that I feel we are doomed for good.

link   

I believe it is against 'the law' but that means nothing when the judges are as demonstrated,in this article

I furious but I'm more furious at the fact that this corruption is imbedded in the for profit prison system

we need to return to States and Counties operating our prisons it's the only way to change this ,if we don't you can believe we'll all be in prison soon

link   
This is not different than a scam used in my country in the mental heath area not long time ago.

There were hospital that was paid by the government to take care of people with mental problem. The scam part was many hospitals instead take care of people used drugs and more drugs to keep this patients "crazy" and keep earning the money from the gov to trait this patients.

In a private owned institution model, you are just asking for this to happens.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

I totaly agree with you and miss invisible...

what is this "private" sh1t all about?? its for profit!!! shouldnt we be trying to educate people who are in prison?? not make it a "for profit" thing?? i mean fs if its for profit keep some poor person incarirated then de facto means that you want to keep them in as long as possible..

im getting madder with every post i need a drink

please people can you just flag this post becouse this needs nailing in its ass becouse for me im just so shocked.. infact if a grey was to occupy my space right now i would probly smack it.. just becouse im that outraged at what i have infact just read

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Outrageous authority our 'governance' has delegated; allowing these so-called "correctional institutions" to be operated as if they were 'places of business' of private corporations.

It bears noting that the United States has a unique distinction, unless my data is skewed, our per capita prison population is second to none.

I suppose the 'blind eye' our 'representatives' (and those federal authorities) turn to the criminal exploitation of our institutions of justice is just the irony we should have expected.

The Federal government and its adjuncts have become a corporate tool. I can't wait for the next revelation about the sickening exploitation we, and the rest of the world, have been subjected to in the name of the glories of the "Barons of Industry!"

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The horrifying aspect is this is going on ALLOVER ,our penal system NOT just with kids
and it's wrong wrong wrong,no matter who gets in the system their screwed ,
this is a horrible horrible turn of events ,thaty we are all owned by some corporation some where
G%D@#N , M*&%$RF@#$@*&G GREEDY FASCISTS

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This is just more evidence of just how deep the corruption goes. Don't think that this isn't going on elsewhere. Cops, judges, politicians; everyone has their price, everyone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join