It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buried in the New Stimulus Package... (Uh Oh)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
We have been signed away into slavery, as if it hasn't already been that way for decades...

I am reading over this carefully as we speak. There is so much here to take in.

The storm is coming and I pray that people are ready for it.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WISHADOW

You speak very dishonestly... that is all I can say for that matter.

The greys?? Why would you trust them? We were sold out to them for genetics. You will get what you ask for brother. They don't even call the real shots anyways.. but that is not a discussion for this thread.

There may actually be some wonderful things in this bill, but on a whole, it seems to be nothing short of tyranny on paper.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

If they want to give us a little money instead of their cronies, I'd shut up and let em. At least WE'LL spend it on the ecomony! We're going in the wrong direction down the road anyway! Please wake me up...

So you believe that saddling yourself, and the next several generations with $7,500 in taxes because of this bill, is a good tradeoff, with the measly $400 for workers for 2 years? Sounds to me like a loosing proposition.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

Why is it that you state something as a fact, but have no facts to back up your comments. You say you heard something on CNN, but can not remember whom said it? Lets just say that I heard someone on CNBC say that you said you will say anything to prove you are right about whatever you feel. Proof...who needs it. Just say you heard someone else, so that MUST make it true.

Get real.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

Well, as I pointed out in another thread the READL ID act is totally against the Constitution under the tenth amendment. As most state constitution reserve the right to handle identification and licensing issues. The Federal Government has no authority to implement any such Act, without first the states changing their Constitutions.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

They are running new commercials for the real id on TV here in Cali now. I saw it earlier tonight. The scary thing to me was that they had the names of companies on them where the name of said state should be. It also showed a new passport type model that looked just like the license. But then showed a map of the north American continent lighting up in red as they called off certain areas and said how easy it would be to get to all of these places with the id's. It then showed them all with the map in the background and named some federal agency that is control of it all not some state agency.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
They finished stage 2 with the recent turn of events and this so called stimulus bill is stage 3 starting. There is a load of money in it for the military because they are the ones who are going to be required to take over for the over run police when everyone figures out what has happened. When masses of people are homeless and many more are starving or dieing because they can't afford medical care.
Stage 3 is the complete control of the people worldwide to make them do what they are expected to in their new and controlled way of life. Those who don't follow along are going to be the ones get the brunt end of their plans.

Read the bill much closer and break out a dictionary!, for the various meanings of words in the bills different sections. Not all of what you think you are reading is in the right context, as it should be in proper English. Many of the words have dual meanings. If reading through and you suddenly think "what" or get stuck all of the sudden... stop right there and look up the last few words you read. You are getting stuck because in the back of your mind you know the word has more than one meaning and it doesn't make sense for it to be in the sentence the way it's worded.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
cryptome.info...

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. I found this on cryptome. I'm not sure if it's the entire document.

More relevant info may get posted on the following site:
www.cryptome.org...

[edit on 16-2-2009 by BetweenMyths]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Haven't gone through the whole thread yet, so sorry if this has been discussed... But, the part of the Bill that I find so horrifying has to do with the Electronic Medical Records. In the run-up to create a socialized medical program the government is proposing that all medical records be recorded electronically and submitted to the government. The government will then review the doctors orders and determine if they are "Cost effective" enough to warrant that type of treatment and if they fit in the government's spending guidelines for doctors. Doctors who repeatedly violate this by ordering more effective (but not cheap!) therapies will be punished and fined.

So basically, this Bill is saying that, once again, the government knows better than you or your doctor what's best for you and is going to start putting forth mandates on how you are treated for illness or disease.

To go along with this, Daschle, who championed the whole idea of this type of system, has stated publicly that people are just going to have to learn to live with age-related illness - such as arthritis and osteoporosis - and forego treatment for the greater good.

When the full scope of "Stimuls" is subjected to the light of day, the citizens of this country are going to be good and pissed! There is almost NOTHING in this Bill that provides any type of stimulus. This is simply the BIGGEST non-military discretionary spending increase in the history of the whole world! Nearly 80% of the Bill should have gone through the normal budgetary appropriations process. Good job Obama, good job Democrats - I'm sure the 2010 elections will punish you severely for your hubris and arrogance!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
reply to post by projectvxn

They are running new commercials for the real id on TV here in Cali now. I saw it earlier tonight. The scary thing to me was that they had the names of companies on them where the name of said state should be. It also showed a new passport type model that looked just like the license. But then showed a map of the north American continent lighting up in red as they called off certain areas and said how easy it would be to get to all of these places with the id's. It then showed them all with the map in the background and named some federal agency that is control of it all not some state agency.

Did it look anything like this?

Or This?

It's called the "Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative".

-Lahara

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Like you folks, I haven't read all of this thread yet, but I will be copying and pasting the most pertinent comments into a separate doc for myself to digest at leisure. Follow the money....

QUESTION: IS THERE A TIME LIMIT ON THESE FUNDS? In other words, is there a final date by which the money has to be spent? If so, that will give us an insight into the timescale of the government's plans.

I do not live in the US, but I believe in watching everything that happens over at your end. If nothing happens to stop these developments, we could be facing WWIII. I suspect that a False Flag operation on Chicago is planned, which could be the kick-off for attacking the party that gets the blame: Iran. Lots of grubby ones (money) needed to pull that one off. So I consider this bill important to watch. I hope I am wrong.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I agree. There is way to many things in here that are not necessary. He is giving money to the unions and people that elected him. Instead of spending a billion dollars on bull&#*@, why don't they divy that up between the tax payers and get real money into the economy. This Country is in trouble! BIG TROUBLE! This has never worked and it will not work again. Keep in mind, just less then half the country did not want Obama in, and in time, these people will be proved right!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Victoria 1
Keep in mind, just less then half the country did not want Obama in, and in time, these people will be proved right!

This is the case with every presidential election. This closing opinion is weak.

Every American needs to remember the TRILLIONS in spending began with the Bush Administration. Obama is only being consistent.

I surely hope Americans stop thinking Republican/Democratic and Red-state/Blue-state because we ARE in trouble, as you noted. But this is not a political debate amongst political parties.

We all must unite and remain united to keep this government in check. After all, the Founding Fathers did say it is the citizenry's responsibility to rid the country of oppressive government. I wonder if/when that time will arrive?

[edit on 16-2-2009 by MOFreemason]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Oh, yeah and the fact that about 30 Million is going for Mice habitat is really helping the economy. As well as that 80 or 8 Billion I cant remember but its way way to dang much they are spending on a gambling train and a New green golf course and green golf carts. Yep we know that is helping us all to get new jobs. Sounds to me like the Rich folks needed some new play equipment.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by pmbhuntress]

[edit on 16-2-2009 by pmbhuntress]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Electronic health records accessible by the government and other interested parties is also on the cards here in the UK. All medical records of everyone in England are being uploaded on to a database called the 'Spine'
www.theregister.co.uk...

I believe the full text of the stimulus bill can be found here: publicservice.evendon.com...

There is also a stimulus-wiki, although i'm not sure how useful it will turn out to be.
stimuluswiki.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WISHADOW

It appears you "believe" you're "in the know" and therefore deign to HINT about a little "snippet" of technology that might be thrown our way. I'm tired of the hinting. What a pity that FEAR has stopped 99% of those who really DO know the "secrets" from sharing them with the rest of humanity. That shared KNOWLEDGE across the nation would have made so much difference in our world; would have allowed the masses to DEMAND that the technology already available to cure cancer and other diseases and allow free energy for everyone. It would have lessened so much pain in this world and prevented the incessant poisoning of our planet by big business.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
When history looks back they will see this bill as the first steps in the downfall of America.

I saw a commercial yesterday about Turbo Tax and the founding fathers were in the commercial stating how easy it was to use....the founding fathers were against income taxes in the first place!! If these idiots in D.C. really wanted to stimulate the U.S. they would pass H.R. 25 and be done with it. That one bill could launch this country, but at the same time it requires the people to work for themselves and get off welfare.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I saw this news source saying that the bill has the power to overide states and force them to take the money.

sayanythingblog.com...

The oh-so-wise Democrats in Washington DC have decided that your state will the stimulus, whether the Governor you voted for wants it or not.

Found buried in the “stimulus” spending spree:

SEC. 1607. (a) CERTIFICATION BY GOVERNOR — Not later than 45 days after the date of enactment of this Act, for funds provided to any State or agency thereof, the Governor of the State shall certify that: 1) the State request and use funds provided by this Act , and; 2) funds be used to create jobs and promote economic growth.

(b) ACCEPTANCE BY STATE LEGISLATURE — If funds provided to any State in any division of this Act are not accepted for use by the Governor, then acceptance by the State legislature, by means of the adoption of a concurrent resolution, shall be sufficient to provide funding to such State.

Clearly this is aimed at South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford, probably the only governor in the country who understands that more federal spending at the state level isn’t going to fix anything.

But what I’m wondering is…is this even constitutional? Can the federal government just arbitrarily decide to freeze a Governor out of the budgeting process? What basis does the federal government have to do such a thing? Certainly nothing in the constitution.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Seriously, what have we gotten ourselves into? I can't believe that we've been so blind for so long. Something has to be done before it's too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join