It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buried in the New Stimulus Package... (Uh Oh)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I don't think most people understand or are inclined to contemplate how similar the economic and political circumstances are today to 1930's Europe. Resources are stretched tight and Darwinian remedies are being studied and implemented in benign ways that most people too distracted in the quest for mere basic sustenance even register.

Very wise observation, my friend.
It is interesting that the old saying, "What comes around, goes around" is true in this instance.

But the concept of a white, blond-haired, blue-eyed master Nordic race didn't originate with Hitler. The idea was created in the United States, and cultivated in California, decades before Hitler came to power. California eugenicists played an important, although little-known, role in the American eugenics movement's campaign for ethnic cleansing.

Eugenics was the pseudoscience aimed at "improving" the human race. In its extreme, racist form, this meant wiping away all human beings deemed "unfit," preserving only those who conformed to a Nordic stereotype. Elements of the philosophy were enshrined as national policy by forced sterilization and segregation laws, as well as marriage restrictions, enacted in 27 states. In 1909, California became the third state to adopt such laws. Ultimately, eugenics practitioners coercively sterilized some 60,000 Americans, barred the marriage of thousands, forcibly segregated thousands in "colonies," and persecuted untold numbers in ways we are just learning. Before World War II, nearly half of coercive sterilizations were done in California, and even after the war, the state accounted for a third of all such surgeries.

www.sfgate.com.../chronicle/archive/2003/11/09/ING9C2QSKB1.DTL

Now it has come full circle. We are back to state sponsored euthanasia, and mark my word, that is where this is going.
This is one of the ways that the US government will "Fix" the social security problem. Too many people collecting for too long? No problem,, the government will just declare that their continued existence is not economically justified, so as soon as you get into a life threatening situation, you will be denied health care, and allowed to die. Problem solved.
Brave new world.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
When you get right down to it, eliminate the rhetoric and the 'double speak'(thanks George Orwell) revolution or subservience. What are you going to decide? What are you going to say to your children a year, five years from now?

What will you be ALLOWED to say?

We are entering a brave new world my friends. Character, responsibility,dignity, all these buzz-words that even my own teenage son doesn't know the definition of are going to be in play.

Will we even recognize this country in two years? Or is it all for naught? Have we already lost?

Or can the american spirit be resurected enough so that we can rage against the dying of the light?

I seriously have my doubts.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The part about anyone interested being able to have access to medical records means trouble for medical marijuana users doesn't it?

Now any time someone has to deal with the federal government or try to get a job somewhere they will be able to see that the person used/uses marijuana and hold it against them.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Just an interesting and sad observation I would like to share here;
Why do we give the bankers hundreds of billions with no accountabilty whatsoever, but we squabble over a few million for the little people? Why is that? Can someone tell me, besides the fact its the illuminati behind it all? Which it probably is, or else we just really suck when it comes to handling money!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm not one to play devil's advocate, but I'd expect the Detention Trustee portion to have something to do with prison overcrowding. We're a bit too itchy about these "FEMA camps" we keep seeing on YouTube (A wonderfully reliable news and information source), and I think we're being a little TOO quick to judge that portion of the bill as NWO-based.

If you dont know what I'm referring to, look over to California, who are looking at releasing dangerous prisoners into the community simply because they cannot keep them safe inside their own prisons. It's either they open new ones, which, in a state which cannot pay it's own bills, isnt happening anytime soon, or they transfer them out.

Now, on the EHR, Tactical Communications and such and so forth, thats more of an infrastructural improvement. I dont forsee anything coming of the latter, and the only thing I can think of coming from the former is changes to medical record keeping.

Nevertheless, I could be wrong, but things need to be taken into account that we arent looking at whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
more than massive spending...

nazism in progress

and it seems to me that the next world war is well planned,
and be started before that 2013 deadline

(thanks for that reading work)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I have been saying right along this stimulus bill was a bunch of bull crap. That they needed to get rid of the imports in this country and start opening up the old mills again. By doing that they would have saved Millions of dollars.

But no instead they spend hundreds of millions of dollars on usless crap in this bill that has nothing to do with getting the economy back to where it should be.

I think the Messiah just proved himself to be a false profit. Spending all this money on crap that is not going to help us to get jobs. Just another Obama Lie.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

Found out what a National Guard readiness center is

C1.3. FUNCTION AND OPERATION OF ARNG READINESS CENTERS
A Readiness Center is defined as a facility which houses one or more units of the State Army National Guard.

C1.3.1. Function

C1.3.1.1. Primary. Provides administrative, training and material storage areas for the assigned military unit(s).

C1.3.1.2. Secondary. Utilized in support of state functions such as disaster relief and policing actions in case of civil disturbance.

C1.3.1.3. Tertiary. Provides for military and public social functions, generally on a rental basis. Access to functional spaces would normally be limited to the Assembly Hall, Rifle Range (used by authorized local organizations), Lobby, Toilet, Food Preparation/Classrooms and Scullery areas. The functional layout should provide the appropriate compartmentalization of all areas to support the above uses.

Full manual (pdf):
cbbs.spk.usace.army.mil...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The Bankers' Manifesto of 1892
circleof13.blogspot.com...

People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. History repeats itself in regular cycles. This truth is well known among our principal men who are engaged in forming an imperialism of the world. While they are doing this, the people must be kept in a state of political antagonism.

The question of tariff reform must be urged through the organization known as the Democratic Party, and the question of protection with the reciprocity must be forced to view through the Republican Party.

By thus dividing voters, we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us, except as teachers to the common herd. Thus, by discrete actions, we can secure all that has been so generously planned and successfully accomplished.

Sound familiar?

Notice Who is standing behind TPOTUS these days?
In fact most of the higher up Politicians these days are involved somehow with Bankers/Wall St/Lobbists...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
Ithey had had a copy of that bill for weeks. All they had to do was go over the changes that were made. You know the gop is gona try to make the dems look bad, thats just part of politics.

They had a copy WITHOUT the numerous hand written changes - which the TV news is reporting is more than 5% of the bill. That's different. That's not seeing the whole thing - which they should. And that's how the pork got pushed through.

Originally posted by wookiee
He clearly said, afterword, that the pledge did not include emergency bills (or executive orders).

and considering that 1/2 this money won't be spent for two years .. and that a great deal of it won't be spent on things that will help the economy at all (50 million dollars for Nancy Pelosi's mice) ... it's very safe to say that this is NOT an emergency litigation even though Obama claims it is.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
I will never agree with the way our government spends money, but I did hear an interview (can't remember who?) on cnn that they had had a copy of that bill for weeks. All they had to do was go over the changes that were made. You know the gop is gona try to make the dems look bad, thats just part of politics.

I can see where you are coming from - but the fact of the matter is that what was voted on was NOT available for even 48 hours prior. ANYTHING could have been (laughably) handwritten in before the vote at 10pm the night before, irregardless of what was in the bill 4 days ago.

The fact that the largest spending bill in US history went through with handwritten notes speaks VOLUMES about the incompetence of our lawmakers. What a joke. I would get an F for a handwritten essay.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I am most certainly concerned with the stimulus, but I wanted to concentrate on several items which seemed to be questionable.

I am totally against this bill, not only because it contains questionable items, but also because it is a massive spending bill.

Just because I didn't post that originally in the thread doesn't mean I'm not concerned with it.

America needs to wake up or they're going to be blowing their noses with worthless paper, sitting in detention camps being fed tasteless slop while being beaten daily by bionic hockey-pad cops. We're on the precipice of an unfathomable darkness called tyranny, and it's up to us to bring this country back.

Put relentless pressure on your representatives, and if it comes down to it, stand by your state if they stand up to the federal government.

This insanity has to stop.

PS: Thanks everyone for the contributions. Yea National Guard Readiness Centers appear to just be bases.

I'll be looking more into the bill today as I have a bit more time, I'd encourage everyone to take a look as well if you can.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
"Under the provisions in the stimulus bill, states will once again be paid a bounty for expanding their welfare rolls. As reported by Robert Rector of the Heritage Foundation, the federal government will now pay states 80 percent of the cost for each new family they sign up for welfare. That means that states will get $4 for every $1 they spend. This will leave the main welfare program, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), with a funding mechanism similar to the one that supports Medicaid. As Brian Blase argues here, Medicaid’s funding ratio, which gives states $1 to $3 for every dollar they spend, has caused state Medicaid spending to skyrocket. If Medicaid’s dollar-for-dollar model has proved ruinous, Obama’s new $4-to-$1 ratio for welfare will prove, in all likelihood, four times so."

Ok so does that mean then that for a family of 5 that they will now be paying them more then $210 a month? Or does that mean the state gets $840 and still pays the family $210. I hate to say it but I have seen some families on Tanif and that little check doesnt even pay there bills. Simply put for most of these folks that have gotten layed off and have to pay maybe a $700 Mortgage payment every month and support there family and pay bills. that little puny check is not going to help. But wont that just be making the state Rich and still keep the Unemployed folks poor? And unable to pay there bills?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Shhhhhh dont tell them, let them go into the bunkers.... SHHHHHH

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

if bush and his "power base" stole all the money in our government coffers.
then printing more and making it available to the rest of us is the right thing to do.
This doesn't devalue the dollar, it keeps Us functioning and devalues bush's bases's dollars. Can the Government be trusted ? is anyone being prosecuted for this mess were in ?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I'm going to forget all the other useless fluff I could waste my time responding to here and back you up on this exclusively!

If this doesn't describe what happened to the America our founding fathers started, I don't know what ever will!
Denial is a self imposed illusion I guess.
Maybe the ongoing banker super giveaway will be a clue?
We can always hope can't we?
No thats right thats not allowed, free thinking paranoia is still alive and well...
Spock once said we are a primitive and paranoid society!

Ah, the manifesto.............
Look, it's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's the THE SUPER EXPLAINER!!!

Star for the post!

Solution: Let the banks fail and let the free market dictate again. Remember what that was? We are doing totally the wrong thing by just printing money to compensate! Geez, who is in charge?(did you hear Ben Bernake on Cspan this morning?) Lets keep blaming each other and the very people that are trying to help the citizens for a change! Incredible! Seems like we have kindergardners with no conscience handling our money! The dollar will crash and you think life is expensive now?
If they want to give us a little money instead of their cronies, I'd shut up and let em. At least WE'LL spend it on the ecomony! We're going in the wrong direction down the road anyway! Please wake me up...

[edit on 15-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
SEC 1801. NAFTA giveaway?
source

SEC. 1801. PROHIBITION ON COLLECTION OF CERTAIN PAYMENTS MADE UNDER THE CONTINUED DUMPING AND SUBSIDY OFFSET ACT OF 2000.
(a) In General- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, neither the Secretary of Homeland Security nor any other person may--

(1) require repayment of, or attempt in any other way to recoup, any payments described in subsection (b); or

(2) offset any past, current, or future distributions of antidumping or countervailing duties assessed with respect to imports from countries that are not parties to the North American Free Trade Agreement in an attempt to recoup any payments described in subsection (b).

(b) Payments Described- Payments described in this subsection are payments of antidumping or countervailing duties made pursuant to the Continued Dumping and Subsidy Offset Act of 2000 (section 754 of the Tariff Act of 1930 (19 U.S.C. 1675c; repealed by subtitle F of title VII of the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 (Public Law 109-171; 120 Stat. 154))) that were--

(1) assessed and paid on imports of goods from countries that are parties to the North American Free Trade Agreement; and

(2) distributed on or after January 1, 2001, and before January 1, 2006.

(c) Payment of Funds Collected or Withheld- Not later than the date that is 60 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall--

(1) refund any repayments, or any other recoupment, of payments described in subsection (b); and

(2) fully distribute any antidumping or countervailing duties that the U.S. Customs and Border Protection is withholding as an offset as described in subsection (a)(2).

retro to 01, reimbursements?

and what about disclosure of derivatives and credit swaps?

GENERAL PROVISIONS--THIS TITLE
Sec. 901. Government Accountability Office Reviews and Reports. (a) Reviews and Reports-

(1) IN GENERAL- The Comptroller General shall conduct bimonthly reviews and prepare reports on such reviews on the use by selected State and localities of funds made available in this Act. Such reports, along with any audits conducted by the Comptroller General of such funds, shall be posted on the Internet and linked to the website established under this Act by the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board.

(2) REDACTIONS- Any portion of a report or audit under this subsection may be redacted when made publicly available, ...

[edit on 15-2-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well it looks like Obama has screwed us.....I mean royally screwed us. What is he thinking? He is crazy letting a bill like this pass.

Oh well, this should be interesting, I'm so glad that I didn't vote for this past election.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketgirl

I don't believe I have seen a wrote up on the fact that The Blair Holt Bill
was also slipped in and IMO Buried in the Stimulus package as well.
For those of you who do not know about the Holt bill and you are Gun
owners or want to be gun owners, you better start flooding the U.S. Senate
and your state senators with faxes and calls because your right to bear arms
have been flushed down the toilet!

you can find the information on the bill at this site:
www.opencongress.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join