It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Was the woman farting?" (Terror of the Unknown)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I've often described that fear of the unknown can be overwhelming. I've dealt with it and learned to overcome. Many others are either encountering it, or beginning to, and feel frozen with fear.

Here's a good illustration of how a humorous view can help dispel this paralytic response: keep a few good jokes handy, and be prepared to laugh (not joking!).

Florinda Donner-Grau and the Woman With Enormous Teeth

One night, when Florinda was a student in Los Angeles, she was driving Carlos' VW Microbus, waiting for a light to change on a dark street. Suddenly, out of the corner of her eye she saw a woman dressed in black grab her driver's side door handle. The woman's eyes were wild. She grinned dementedly at Florinda, her expression distorted by enormous protruding teeth. Frightened, Florinda screamed and jammed her foot on the gas pedal. She took off down the road, but the woman ran alongside, keeping up with her. Now terrified, Florinda sped up, accelerating to 80 miles per hour. The woman kept pace, running and holding onto the door handle for a long time, until Florinda finally looked again, and she was gone.

She immediately went to see don Juan. She told him about the woman and what had happened. Don Juan seemed concerned. He thought for awhile, and then, in a serious voice asked, "Was the woman farting?"

Florinda was stunned. She made don Juan repeat his question. He asked again if the woman had been farting. Florinda was not only unhinged by the question, she was greatly annoyed with don Juan for not taking her very serious situation very seriously.

"No, no," don Juan insisted with a straight face. "A woman running that fast must have been farting."

No matter how annoyed Florinda became with him, even shouting that he was a senile old man, don Juan persisted questioning whether the woman had been farting. Eventually, Florinda gave up and told don Juan that if he wasn't going to take her situation seriously than neither was she.

"Good," said don Juan. "When confronted by the unfathomable, a warrior either makes a joke about it or he takes it seriously, and it destroys him."
Source ~ 3rd Topic down

Laughter cuts through dark energies like a knife: it's light substance and awareness!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I love a good fart joke! There isn't nearly enough of them here in the hallowed pages of the ATS forum. I could hear one everyday for the rest of my life (fart or fart joke, take your pick) and I still wouldn't get bored!

Thanks for this one!

IRM

[edit on 14/2/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Seems to me people do tend to take themself too seriously, wich IMHO shifts their awareness away from the bigger picture.
Getting hung up on the little expierences.

I am so glad i never lost my sense of humour, it has always served me right.
It's the only thing that keeps me sane in this world

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
A Catholic priest I know talks about his experience of laughter in paranormal events, in fact he says laughter is a good indicator to him that there is something genuinely amiss beyond what is normally apparent.

He's funny when he talks about it because he freely admits he never watches horror movies or listens to ghost stories and such as they keep him awake and frightened for nights afterwards but when he's called to bless a house in which people report strange things happen he has to go.

He usually finds theres some psychological reason for the people's experiences but on a few occassions reports that in walking into the house he knew immediately there was something dark there and then he starts chuckling. His favourite was in one house where as he was talking to the family and discussing how he would bless it the television in the corner (which was off) sparked into life at full volume for a second then flashed white and went off again with a bang. He reports everyone else jumping, a girl in the house screaming and him in fits of laughter to the point where he had tears in his eyes. On subsequently blessing the house he felt the dark spirit depart.

He is convinced the laughter is a particular gift of the Spirit to him because he's normally such a jumpy easily scared person.

new topics

top topics

join