It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thankful

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I thought I should finally share this with you guys because I know some people really care about others here.

My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. A few days before Christmas she was going for tests and stuff, and getting radiation and all that. They figured out they caught it early and it didn't spread or anything and they said she should probably be fine.

Well two days ago was the surgery. They took out the tumor. The area near it was tested and it didn't look like it spread anywhere else.

So I'm very very thankful for her being alright. How they caught it in time because she had regular checkups. And very happy the surgery went well.

And I'm so thankful for our family. We have a big Italian family, my brothers and sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, you know. And everyone cares so much. 6 of us went to the hospital with her. She was so embarrassed lol. The nurse kept telling her how good of a thing it was.

And while a few of us were with her, there was plenty more at her house. They made sure everything was clean and good for her. A bunch were cooking all day for her and us. So when she got home that day everything was all set.

Family from states hours away drove here, everyone made time to see her. 2 of them slept over her house to make sure everything was alright until we all came back the next day, and they are still there. In fact I think there were more people over after the surgery than go over for Christmas. And in a little bit we'll be going back over.

The day after the surgery she was getting phone calls from all kinds of family friends, anyone that knew her was calling and seeing how she was, a bunch of people sent flowers and they went in her bedroom and living room. So many people really care. And for that I'm thankful, grateful, happy...any other words that mean the same thing...

[edit on 2/14/09 by enjoies05]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
buddy i'm so glad to hear that everything went well for your mom and your family.
i went through the same with my mom, and i can relate to all your feelings.
i too had a lot of family help out and support us both at the time, and it was humbling and wonderful at the same time.
from me to you and yours..take care, and many blessings.
AD

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Thank you, AD. I know if I had told everyone before hand I would have seen the same kind of care that I got from other friends. So I'm thankful for that too.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
OH goodness! Im so glad that she is ok and i wish i had of knew that you where going through all this so i could have just checked on you,

She sounds like a special person and you sound like you are a great family all being there for her,
There are a good few of us here who have gone through the fear of having a family member having cancer so we really feel for you,

Hugs to you Enjoies as you never fail to make me laugh, and hugs to your family and mother,

This is what family is about, you lot could teach that to many,

Glad things are all good

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Oh, I'm sorry asala. I didn't want anyone to worry or anything. Thank you though.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
A bunch of us spent the day with her today One is staying overnight again. And then if she needs anything else we're just a phone call away.

She looks better today. The day after surgery her color came back and she just had a sour throat, but she sounded better today.

[edit on 2/14/09 by enjoies05]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
hope your mom is back to her usual self real soon mate.

im glad the surgery went well for her.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am convinced that the love and support from family and good friends is the best medicine. And it sounds like your mom is just as thankful to have all of you.

My thoughts go out to her and a continued speedy recovery.

Hugs and best wishes!!!

Rush

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I agree.

Thanks you two.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

I had no idea, but i am so happy for you and your mom and your entire family...sounds like my family, we are Spanish and always there for one another...its not unusual for us to go to a delivery room, say 10 of us and watch the birth while the doctors are horrified

Rest assured that your mother will now be well and with checkups she will have a full healthy life to enjoy with her sweet family.

God bless you all, and thank you for sharing.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Dude! I can't believe I missed this.

You've been a friend to me since my very first days here on ATS. I consider you a friend and a family member. My prayers, and a ton of positive mojo are going out to you and your Mother.

You have my U2U and my cell number. Call me anytime. ANYTIME.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Thanks, guys. You are all so kind. You all mean a lot to me.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Right back at you my good man. Give your Mom a kiss for me.
Still looking forward to the day we can pull out the guitars and jam.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Great to hear that the surgery went all right.

Here's to a speedy recovery and good times ahead...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

If you need anything, let me know. I'm only an U2U away. I'll do whatever I can to help. Best wishes to your mom.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
An update for you guys -

Last Friday she went back for tests. Everything came out negative so it looks like it's all gone. Very happy. She just has to do radiation again.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Ohh Great news
Glad she is doing well and that nothing has turned up, the radiation will blast of any left over cells,

Thinking of your family

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well, unfortunately, during a test the doctor thought it may have spread. So they are sending the tests to California to check again. She'll have to wait two weeks to see if she needs chemo. I hope not.

new topics

top topics

join