It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the First 48?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The first 48 is the amount of time a detective has to gather information on a homicide(or other crime) before the trail grows cold. I like to watch this show on A & E and see how quickly law enforcement brings in suspects by talking to just a few witnesses. You will notice also that no family members of the victims ask the detectives to stop looking for the culprits and let them grieve, ever. I'm making a comparison here to 9/11 but you can also say the same for the Buffalo Crash.

Why ask questions in the first 48? Just think about the confiscated Pentagon tapes. Why didn't anyone ask to see these videos, they are evidence and would show what hit the Pentagon. We still don't know the answer. What about the maintenance men reporting bombs in the basement of the WTC where firefighters found puddles of flowing metal? Barry Jennings said he was "blown" back up the stair well because a bomb went off in WTC 7. This witness is dead now....

so Asking a witness or suspect simple questions surrounding a suspicious event is no different and it harms no one. It's more likely you will find the answer to the crime in the first 48.

Since late last August, staff of the A&E channel series "The First 48" have been shadowing the Birmingham Police Department's homicide detectives for the show's latest installment. The documentary-style show traces the critical first 48 hours of a homicide investigation, after which, the show's producers say, the detectives' chance of solving a case is cut in half.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
www.bwcitypaper.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I recommend the first 48 to everyone who believes it is more respectful to stay quiet and just pray away the tragedy. See how many criminals the detectives on this show would catch if they thought like that.

join