It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Religions definition of God must be wrong

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
All the Major Religions that believe in a supreme being, ie, christianity, islam, judaism state the one god is a supreme being who created all and is a pure light and all good.

If a supreme being existed (which I have no doubt does) for it to truly be supreme and complete, it could not only be all good. Evil and darkness exist. Therefore for a supreme being to truly be a supreme being it would have to be Good and Evil, Light and Dark, yin and yang. There is a balance to everything, even god.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
As a christian without fear (aka the divinity of the bible is a self-fabrication), I have to agree with everything you've said. however,w hat you are assuming is that if something is "good", it must bear fruit that you can understand...and with humanity's brightest minds getting two more questions for every truth they reach, I think that the only conclusion I can come to is that I'm ill-equipped to come to an informed conclusion. hence faith.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
As Shakespeare once said: "There is no right and wrong, thinking makes it so".

In other words, it is only the limited constraints of the human brain that view the world in terms of good and bad. Good and bad only exist in the minds of humans so the supreme being would not be limited to this duality.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
GOD stands for Genius Of Design.

GOD is NOT religion.

All religions are man-made and therefore false.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
good good i'm liking your thinking, they're all just money making machines designed to seperate humanity. Its time the world smartened up.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There is no evil. God is all good.

What we call "evil" is merely absence of light. Like darkness. But darkness itself isn't a thing, it's the absence of a thing.

People who reject god are simply denying the light.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by username371

See now right there makes no sense and is a typical christain answer for when they have no idea.
Mkay so darkness is just when good is not there, but I thought the garden of Eden was perfect, how was there evil to tempt eve in a perfect garden?
your answer makes no sense mate.

Darkness is not evil. Priests wear dark robes. Evil can exist in the brightest place, evil and darkness is not the same thing you idiot, you are trying to mix sciences definition of darkness with your religions. I reject your god and the others and i gotta say australia is pretty bright.
Makes no sense right? thats because i'm using your logic of everything evil comes from a scientifically dark place not a metaphorical one.

lol, go ride your little bike and knock on doors somewhere else.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
im not trying to bash anyone or get into some stupid internet argument..but i dont see how you cant accept there is a creator

regardless of which religion is right or wrong or if they are all wrong..evolution is the other alternative..or i guess UFOs made us..but that would still be creation

evolution has way too many holes..believing it is based on faith just like a religion..

if energy cannot be created nor destroyed..how did it get here in the first place..also..how did all the matter in the universe get here..there is no way "nothing" exploded into something..for that to happen there had to be things there to begin with..

also..with evolution..they say oh well these fossils are similar..they evolved..well for one you cant prove that dead creature ever reproduced..also..adaptation is not evolution..if i were a supreme being i think i would be smart enough to give my creation the ability to adapt..

another problem i have is our level of consciousness as humans..animals react to everything in life based on instinct..we have a far more powerful brain..what kind of random mutation would cause that..

also..random mutation as evolution..we are too assume whatever the mutation was it helped enough to make that creature far more superior to the others of its kind..we also have to assume the mutation is a dominant trait..so it reproduces and more like it are birthed and take over..

the degree of chance in evolution is much much higher than that of creation..i just dont get it lol..

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I always believed that God, Divinity, Ect, was more than the definitions that we as mortal beings have given. I think we want to rationalize the creative force, but our minds simply can't grasp it. As far as science goes, in it's own way it has become it's own religion. It preaches it's laws like the ten commandments. It decides that theory is truth and fact before it is even proven. When other scientist choose to think outside the box, they scream "Heratic!" and black ball them from the scientific community. I wouldn't give science that much credit in figuring out the universe till it learns a little humility and admits that it hasn't figured out everything and that just maybe their own man made gods of Newton and Darwin were just failable men themselves.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by resonance

Yes I believe in a creator but i don't think he is as involved in all our lives as the other religions, My idea is a more of a good and evil force kinda thing which just makes the universe and all aspects of it run, doesnt create humans from clay, more like plants seeds of life and things take shape from there, there are other species on other worlds he helped to create. Evolution is fine, perhaps we got a little extra help from other species he created it dont really matter.

I just think the idea of a supreme being has been grossly mis-interpreted so weak people can gain power and money, without ever having any real knowledge and using "truths" which they know can never be proved or disproved. ie. God has 6 heads 4 eyes is green shaped like a spider and has eggs for feet and 9 penises, can you disprove it?

The supreme being, I am just gonna call IT the creator from now on is just like something no one can understand, good and evil it is everything in the universe it is the universe, but at the same time isnt.

Makes more sense then the bible. lol.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfpack Rebellion
God has 6 heads 4 eyes is green shaped like a spider and has eggs for feet and 9 penises, can you disprove it?

"snip"

Makes more sense then the bible. lol.

Yes, I can.................

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

www.biblegateway.com...

Look in the mirror and see the image of God..........look into your mind and see the image of evil.............

God is "good" where do you think the word comes from?

[Middle English, from Old English gd; see ghedh- in Indo-European roots.]

www.thefreedictionary.com...

God has "let" evil exist, but soon it too will be dead for all time............

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I love it when religious nuts quote the bible as "proof"

IT IS NOTHING MORE THEN A FAIRY TALE. I DONT GO AROUND THE THREE LITTLE PIGS IN BIOLOGY! If truly we were in gods image, then that would make god a black and white transvestite who is completely straight with homosexual tendencies, charitable yet would kill a puppy.

If you were meant to believe it literally then when he say let US make man in OUR own image....Well that clearly implies that there is more then one god you blashpemous fiend.

You cannot prove what i said is wrong because both are just words written down. The bible is just an effective marketting tool.But NO I can hear you say, the bible was written down ages ago by scholars and talked about by people, the bible is real, boohoo wah wah, well then according to you logic then the 12 gods of olympus is right, as is the Koran and any other book written at a time where it cant be proven.

Seriously you christains have to learn to think and live for yourselves. If God truly did want every to be christain then he wouldn't have let other religions form, its simple. GOD IS EVERYWHERE according to you. therefore if he everywhere he is good and evil as good and evil are everywhere.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

All the Major Religions that believe in a supreme being, ie, christianity, islam, judaism state the one god is a supreme being who created all and is a pure light and all good.

If a supreme being existed ...it could not only be all good.

Therefore for a supreme being to truly be a supreme being ...

Can you see your logical mistake? I have separated those 3 sentences for your ease of reading.

Do you see it yet?

No? Keep looking. Maybe it will dawn on you.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The current idea of "God" is not far removed from the gods of our ancestors' myths. A primary god who would create, meet out punishment, bless the crops, perhaps taking on human features. Michelangelo's famous rendition of God in The Creation of Adam. How many today get their idea of Jesus, too, from an Italian rendition?

Not too long ago, man believed that the smallest bit in the universe was a minute, round point called an atom. As our grasp of nature around us changes, we should also rethink our idea of "God". We have outgrown our idea of the mythic god as God, much as a child outgrows a belief in a Santa or Cupid. We have made God in our image, rather than growing in the idea that we are made in God's image.

We truly are "children of God"; we are God, but not in the egotistical sense. We need to stop seeing each other as separate from each other; we are all brothers and sisters. I like to think of each person as a little bit of yeast dough taken off the big dough ("God"). When we truly love one another, we are doing what we are supposed to be doing.

Remember, as Jesus said, "What so ever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me". We are One.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

If a supreme being existed (which I have no doubt does) for it to truly be supreme and complete, it could not only be all good. Evil and darkness exist. Therefore for a supreme being to truly be a supreme being it would have to be Good and Evil, Light and Dark, yin and yang. There is a balance to everything, even god.

You have just defined the God Yahweh to a T. Observe this passage:

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (Isaiah 45:7)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

Which is really why he does need to be highly revered .......
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom .

Psa 111:10 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do [his commandments]: his praise endureth for ever.

Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge: [but] fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro 9:10 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy [is] understanding.

He controls all things .....which is why I walk as softly as I can before him .
He sees all ..he hears all ...he judges all things .(he makes sure that what goes around comes back ...good and bad ).........

Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

I have feared man many times ..since my life has been almost cut short because of that ...but certainly I fear God even more than them killing me
I could take mans wrath as they can only kill my body (which only hurts for a little bit then you go numb) .....but Gods wrath (which thank God I have never experienced it ) I certainly fear more ...........
I fear him but at the same time ..I love him and I trust him ...and I do feel his love for me .....and I know that he is just and will do justice ..and judge rightously ....men do not .and they cannot be trusted (no one can )..so I put no trust in menkind at all .....
And it is God who controls what men are allowed to do ..
And only God can keep me safe from mankind (both literally and spiritually) ....that much I know for a fact .

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I thought it was pretty well known that fear is a mistranslation of respect.

Respect for the Lord is the start of wisdom.

Might could argue that a bit of fear is within that, especially in regards to being disrespectful and such. To fear for the father himself is to only be fearful of your misdeeds because of what may happen to you. But respect gives and shows much better meaning.

www.answers.com...

n.

1. A feeling of appreciative, often deferential regard; esteem. See synonyms at regard.
2. The state of being regarded with honor or esteem.
3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.
4. respects Polite expressions of consideration or deference: pay one's respects.
5. A particular aspect, feature, or detail: In many respects this is an important decision.

And of course, this makes much sense as those who deny even the possibility of god have no hope in finding true wisdom. The first step in such a thing, would of course be the recognition and respect of the father.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I think Psalms lays it all out perfectly

Psa 34:11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.

Psa 34:12 What man [is he that] desireth life, [and] loveth [many] days, that he may see good?

Psa 34:13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

Psa 34:14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

Psa 34:15 The eyes of the LORD [are] upon the righteous, and his ears [are open] unto their cry.

Psa 34:16 The face of the LORD [is] against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

Psa 34:17 [The righteous] cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

Psa 34:18 The LORD [is] nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Psa 34:19 Many [are] the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

Psa 34:20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.

Psa 34:21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.

Psa 34:22 The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

www.blueletterbible.org...

1) fear, terror, fearing

a) fear, terror

b) awesome or terrifying thing (object causing fear)

c) fear (of God), respect, reverence, piety

d) revered

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfpack Rebellion

when the bible says let US make man in OUR image it is an early reference to the trinity

you should look deeper into things before you try to bash them

i was agnostic and didnt know what i believe for much of my life..up until a year ago, at which point i started studying everything to find out what my purpose is on this earth

i considered everything from ufos to evolution to various religions..the one that makes the most sense and has the most historical proof to back it up is christiantiy

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Evil is only a form of seperation. The reason why people do evil things is because they have seperated themselvs from themselvs. Infact you are God. There is no seperation.

Evil can never live because life can not die.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join