Are The Two Witnesses of Rev 11 Here Now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think that the two witnesses account in Revelation is an allegory.... In Judaic tradition you are condemned or acquitted by the testimony of two witnesses... Yeshua Himself was attested as to who He was by the witness of Moses and Elijah in the transfiguration on the mount With God being a third witness using Holy scripture to attest that...

The two witnesses on the mount represented the Law; Moses. and The Prophets; Elijah... God bing the third witness represented the writings by saying "Behold My beloved Son, In whom I AM well pleased. Hear Him." God used three different verses from the 3 different parts of the Tanakh.... "Behold, My Beloved Son" in the psalms=The Writings... "In whom I AM well pleased"=The Prophets...... "You will hear Him"=The Law (the prophet like unto Moses who Him you shall hear)....

Therefore I think that The Law and The Prophets are The Two Witnesses who condemn the world for a time and a half... They are Witnesses that stand against the ungodly of the world and condemn them for their sins.. The world it seems does not like to hear that which is quite obvious in reading some of the things on this board... The Law and the Prophets did have the power to shut up heaven and bring down fire... They testify against the world and of Yeshua.... So I think Its the bible... The old testament= The Law and The Prophets...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The question as to whether Revelation's two witnesses are here now must be deciphered from the clues at hand. Verse 18 says these prophets should be rewarded for destroying those who destroy the Earth. Verse 7 says they make war with the beast that ascended out of the bottomless pit. Both of these refer back to chapter 9, where a star held the keys to the bottomless pit. When that star, whether a leader or even a country, fell from heaven, then those like scorpions were released. Other verses allude to the occupant was held captive for 1,000 years. The scorpions in ch. 9 are the cause of two parts to a plague of smoke. That smoke first comes from the tail of mechanical horses with people in its belly. It also comes from mechanical locusts with people in its eyes and the sound of many horses. From this, we should see if there is any history that is related and compare.

When the Ottoman Empire lost WWI, there was no longer one caliphate overseeing Islam, and Islam began its violent history as if the year were 750 - 1030 AD, trying to decide either whether the sons of Ali had the right to succeed Mohammad or whether the fundamental teachings should take precedent. Arabs that profess Islam are in control of much of the world's oil, and petroleum runs cars and airplanes, and there is a lot of buzz regarding climate change due to smog. Drilling for tetonic fluid that caused the Gulf Oil Spill is being bent on destroying the Earth for power and wealth. And, in terms of end times the timing of all of this coincides with communism of the first seal, genocidal atrocities of the second seal, and famine in Africa caused by corn ethanol ("$6 for a Loaf of Bread", Newsweek). Not to mention, Kuwaiti economists says that global oil will peak in 2014. So, it is timely, it fits, and it all relates. All criteria is satisfied.

Therefore, we have a pretty good understanding of what their testimony will be about and can pretty much say they are here now because all of this is relevant. A key to understanding the timing of prophecy is how Jesus used the word "fulfilled" as meaning "revealed", because He had not yet begun His minsitry when He spoke the words from Isaiah "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me". And although the season for the Two Witnesses has begun, like you said, we may not be able to recognize them until they establish the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth. I did not refer to their "death", because keep in mind this is a dream as told by John. The tendency is to see these end time prophecies worse than they really are. Dreams require interpretation. It could be talking about a politial death, killing legislation, left for dead, etc. Their enemies saw them ascend after their death, which could mean rise to power. But if it is political, then ousting 7,000 people from government over matters of corruption regarding oil lobbyists and economic inaction just to make the wealthy more powerful and corrupt is going to be very noticable.

My question is: how do we help these witnesses accomplish their goal? How do we go about that? Any ideas?
reply to reply to heliosprime by EmmettLBrown

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmmettLBrown
My question is: how do we help these witnesses accomplish their goal? How do we go about that? Any ideas?

I think the way to help the Witnesses is to be the Witnesses.
See attached;
The Two Witnesses

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

heliosprime,

Yes the two witnesses are here now. We only need to read two verses of scripture to see who they are. Realizing also we are entering the time for them to come forth. They are - Rev. 7:3,4. KJV

:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

If you divide 7,000.000,000 by 144,000 which is around 48,000 will give you the aprox. amount of people each msut reach as the last call to people of earth.

These come in the Spirit and power of Elijah for the second coming as John the Baptist came in the power and Spirit of Elijah for Jesus Christ's first coming.

They are ready and may have started.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I replied in another thread somewhere on ATS recently that perhaps one of the two is Julian Assange. And I was serious. He seems to be witnessing so to speak and I'm sure he'll get bumped off soon much to the joy of a great many persons (myself not included), and it is near the time of the year during which people will be merrily giving gifts and the like (doesn't the passage in the Bible lead one to think that the deaths of the two witnesses will occur on or around Christmas)?

Just speculating. I'm one oddball theorist. Dot+dot+dot=Witnesses?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthiron

heliosprime,

Yes the two witnesses are here now. We only need to read two verses of scripture to see who they are. Realizing also we are entering the time for them to come forth. They are - Rev. 7:3,4. KJV

:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

If you divide 7,000.000,000 by 144,000 which is around 48,000 will give you the aprox. amount of people each msut reach as the last call to people of earth.

These come in the Spirit and power of Elijah for the second coming as John the Baptist came in the power and Spirit of Elijah for Jesus Christ's first coming.

They are ready and may have started.

Truthiron.

Add this in to the equation as well: There are approximately 144,000 allied troops in Afghanistan right now.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

this_is_who_we_are,

The only trouble them troops aren't witnessing God's last call. Another thing I see is that once the 144,000 witnhesses, servants of God go forth the communications systems of the world will most of the time be down as this coming war will no doubt be a lot of cyber attacks to a far greater extent than tried on Iran. It knocked them back a few months and one after another pulse bombs here and there on this planet will keep everything in disarry big time you can count on it. Each of those 144,000 will have their hands full to reach their numbers of peoples with the God given message they are driven to give. Pulse bomb attacks is a big worry now as everything imaginable is computer controoled. Electric power will be one that brings down a lot of things and all computers that don't have a backup battery power system in place. But far more than electric power will be brought to a halt. It will be found living depending on the "grid" then isn't so great also. The whole world is racing to destruction down the wrong road, a one way road and no turning back..

Truthiron.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Perhaps the Two Witnesses of Revelation 11:3 are simply two chosen individuals in God's eyes who are simply publicizing (in a discreet manner) the following interpretation of Christ's statement to His apostles, recorded in Matthew 24:29-30a, to the world-at-large, which the Vatican and a handful of Christian astronomers have been aware of for quite some time now:

ST. JEROME EDITION
(c. 1985)

The Coming of the Son of Man

Luke 21:25a
"There will be strange things happening to the sun, the moon, and the stars."

Matthew 24:29-30a
"Soon after the trouble of those days, the sun will grow dark, the moon will no longer shine, the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers in space will be driven from their courses. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky."

August 11, 1999 (11:43 UT to 12:23 UT) -- Total solar eclipse in Iraq and Iran. (Occurs approximately once every 35 years.)

November 18, 1999 (1:00 UT to 3:00 UT) -- Leonid 33-year periodic meteor storm over Europe and the Middle East.
Peak rate = 1,688 meteors/hour.
(Jesus was 33 when He died.)

February 11, 1999 -- Pluto becomes farther from the sun than Neptune. (Occurs once every 248 years.)

This simply boils down to Christ telling His apostles that He will return to earth sometime after the year 1999 on our calendar and not before as these three diverse 1999 celestial events come together within any given 12 month period of time only about once every 100,000 years.

edit on 5-4-2011 by supersweet101 because: Made corrections.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yes, they're here. They would be John and Daniel, figuratively Sodom in Egypt is NY. The first death is London where the AntiChrist is positioned, and you can catch your false prophet Charlie Veitch of the Love Police right now if you want. Alex Jones is no better. Search youtube based on what I said and you may be surprised who you find. You'll find at least one of TTW.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Here's food for thought and something I believe. Perhaps Bin Laden is one of the prophesied Two Witnesses as stated in the Bible. The Two Prophets were powerful and untouchable for sometime and the people cheered when they were killed and then they were taken into Heaven. That's exactly what happened to Bin Laden. People cheered and rejoiced. Also Bin Laden's body was taken onto a helicopter and taken into the sky. Remember this is what John would be seeing. It's all a matter of perspective as long as you understand that John of Patmos was old and not familiar with the imagery he was shown. What we know as terrorists from our perspective, may have been seen as a future prophet from John's perspective. Bin Laden is hailed as a prophet by his followers and dressed in attire familiar to John as opposed to Western attire of pants and shirt. Also, the bunker in which Bin Laden was found living in had an orchard with small trees that could easily be mistaken to olive trees. Also, most pictures and videos taken of Bin Laden had a machine gun upright, which to John of Patmos could easily resemble a metal lamp. John described a lamp that shoots fire and causes great destruction.

If he is one of the witnesses, it does not mean that John was told the actual history of these two people he was shown nor that their actions caused much death and were criminal. He was shown imagery that he then interpreted in his own words. Taking the perspective of a future historian, the angels in this case, from a time when the US and current world event are only a record, recounting historical perspectives is also a matter of perspective. As we are American and proud, we believe we and our government cannot do ill to other people, but in other parts of world we are viewed as the evil doers and in many cases with much reason due to many events unaware to the average American. So as a future historian, recounting these events empathetically to an ancient man with no relative knowledge of future things, it comes down to how John understood it and interpreted it.

Also, since I'm speaking of prophecy, it is quite possible that Sarah Palin is the whore of Babylon, as bad as that sounds. Once again, this is John's interpretation of the woman for which he stared at for sometime until the angel questioned him about his interest in her. This woman John saw wore red, which is the colour most associated pictorially with Sarah. She is also a political figure which falls in line with the classification of the imagery shown to John. She also wears a gold necklace and other jewelry. She comes from Alaska surrounded by mountains and tours on a bus with her name and image on the sides which to John could easily interpret as a beast. She is also a woman living in Alaska with a small population of woman who was raised to highest office in the state. I am only implying that perhaps to John's standards in ancient times, that perhaps she was not the most wholesome girl in town. Once again, this does not mean that Sarah is evil or whore. I personally don't think she is. She maybe a little ignorant, which can be dangerous, and rough around the edges but not evil. What she maybe is a prophetic marker from Revelations.

Anyway, food for thought.
edit on 25-6-2011 by CantSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
In Revelations there is a man child that is called up to the throne. That happened around 1976 He was asked a favor that could be found in Bible. He then threatened Reagan with prophecies that ended the Cold War. Grew close to a thousand Marijuana plants because its the tree of life. Busted did no jail time freedom of religion. After further attempts to have the slavery of the drug war ended. Then President Bush changed the Constitution and made stricter laws as vendetta towards my family. He has a name written no one knew but He Himself. That name is the Comforter, Jesus said He would send ANOTHER. The whore of the Bible is lady liberty, the last horn or king of the oppressive way of life is Obama. I AM ONE OF THE TWO WITNESSES. Texas is in drought for ignoring the ones who can stop the rain. Other countries celebrate San Canuto day. Or Saint Marijuana day waiting for the St to rule. The Bible says the servant whose name is the Branch, whose name is the Word. The Branch of God is the Branch of the tree of knowledge. The word of God is Marijuana. Canuto means the word. Add me Jason Tarango on Facebok Odessa TX. To much to share.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

IMHO The two wittnesses are Moses and Elias, they are on the mount of transfiguration along with Jesus.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
First of all, Hi I am new here.
So a lil unsure how this works

I am doing a ton of research into this. Right now the path is leading me down not two physical people.
I found it depends on the translation wheather it says 2 men or not.
But I did find in the old testiment, That YAHWEH told moses to put a song in the ark of the covenant.
As YAHWEHs witness against Isreal.

So to me Yahwehs word his is witness.
But still doing research and I will let you know if I find out anything new.
(FYI: I do relize the prophets that YAHWEH sens are also considerd his mouth piece or word)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I actually thought this thread would be about Ronald Weinland, lol.

I have mixed feelings about the Two Witnesses. A part of me believes them to be Elijah and Enoch or possibly even Enoch and Ezekiel. I have a second thought that the Witnesses are not literal, and could possibly be representative of some sort of entity or ideas. I also believe that it could be modern day people or entities in the spirit of Elijah and Enoch (or Ezekiel).

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Several years ago I read an ebook. Can anyone on this thread help me figure out what it was: it deals directly with topic.
The summary of what I remember:
The U.S. and Israel are the two witnesses. The author did a great deal of dot connecting based on scripture to arrive at that conclusion. Including them being the only two countries which regularly hold to circumcision as per the original covenant.

He did A LOT with dates and how to interpret.

He claimed that Islam was the A.C. and that the building of the Dome of the Rock was the A.C. in the Temple.
He worked through dates in a way that made his theory very interesting. I read it all straight through and it was long. But I don't remember what it was now to find it again.
Anybody know?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

If bin Laden was one of the witnesses then who do you suppose is the 2nd witness?

Gaddafi? Mubarak? A leader in a mostly Islamic country?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
reply to post by CantSay

If bin Laden was one of the witnesses then who do you suppose is the 2nd witness?

Gaddafi? Mubarak? A leader in a mostly Islamic country?

Believe this or not, I actually thought Bin Laden may have been one.
Hated by the world......Check
No one could find or kill him for years........Check
Death celebrated........................................................Check

I got laughed at GLP for makeing that statement.
But when you think about it, How many others have met that type of criteria.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have my own opinion on the book of Revelation. The book was written as prophecy but I honestly believe that there are a select few that are setting events into motion to try and fulfill the prophecy by bringing about the end times. It isn't hard to believe because there are extremists in EVERY religion. Who's to say that there aren't extremist Christians trying to bring about the "end times"?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The Witnesses have to be World Leaders who are willing to speak out against the NWO Regime!

They will not be killed until the King of kings (false God) sees to removing them for all the world to see. They will lay in view for three days.

I say Gadhafi is one of them! As for Bin Laden, the only way he could be a Witness is if he is actually still alive right at this very moment.

I did think of Saddam, because we know they only executed his double, but he was an evil man and I highly doubt he will stand beside our True Lord when that time comes.

I am still open to whomever wishes to stand up against the Governments of the World. So far Gadhafi has a good standing in my eyes and also I think that based on the writings regarding our Nuclear Proliferation Agendas Cuba's Castro just might live long enough to be a thorn in their side! He, although a tyrant in his day, has mellowed to the needs of the common man without violence! His isolationist ways has prevented them from touching him, but the way Obama works that may not last long!

Interesting to think about. I know that most think that Elijah and Moses are the two Witnesses, but we are talking about the "embodiment" of the Witnesses! Those within this realm of reality.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join