It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we on ATS see each other as a family 'per se'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hi everyone. I don't need you. I've never really relied on strangers. I don't believe in 2012, and I think atheists and wizards are both meant to wear the same hat but for different reasons. I think 9/11 truthers refuse to compromise, and i also think it's about 3000 yrs too late for them to make a difference anyways (the first gang in history is currently the Hidden_Hand guiding things. We wonder why history repeats?)

Wait!

So why do I "appreciate your existence" so much? There's not one person on ats that's honestly made me angry. Even the atheists, whom I so endearingly jab at, are to respected. I know that logically.
why?

I think it's THE SEARCH FOR TRUTH.

It's just me personally, but a person who gives off a vibe of being honest, then presents proof that is in essence based on an unproven assumption (hence the circles the religious threads go on...ie evolution some see as unproven....and then they see faith as unproven), then guess what?

You are a member of my religion!!!
The truth shall set you free......I am the truth.....
The facts don't matter to me..(well in this context).....what matters is that people are TRYING to honestly interpret them (wisdom?).

What is the truth?

Who even knows? People speaking of opposing viewpoints on the same thing can be speaking no less truthful. Yes, the Isreal/Gaza conflict made me believe that CONTRADICTING DECISIONS, EVENTS, AND PATHWAYS OFTEN LEAD TO THE SAME RESULT. (in nature, it's the same.....cold+heat=life.....just cold=death....just heat=life.)

What I'm sayin' here is that if you're on ATS...........I'm vouching for you on judgement day.

Edit: This might be in the wrong forum.....but there wasn't a "writer can't see the point of his own post". And my real point is IF INTELLIGENT SCIENTISTS AND...."SPIRITUALLY INCLINED" PEOPLE ADMITTED WE ARE AFTER THE SAME THING, WE'D HAVE THAT THING ALREADY..........The truth as it pertains to us!!!

[edit on 14-2-2009 by heyo]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The people I'm talking to aren't concerned with what truth is reached...only that a truth is reached. Does anyone else see infinite multiverses as places where their logic is illogical to us? To me it is entirely possible for a meme to be brought into a universe the same way a plant is brought into a foreign environment. The recipient may be suited for the success or failure of the meme/plant......aka how were u brought up? What if there is no predator (counterlogic/argument) for that particular import?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I consider my fellow ATS'ers my family and have chosen no foes yet (though two have chosen me)...I have thought it would be cool to meet with people in my area that I talk to on here. I have more in common with them than it seems most other people I actually know.

And I'm here, like many others, because I'm curious about some things, and would really like to get the 'inside scoop' on what the heck is actually going on with the world nowadays.

[edit on 14/2/09 by Evasius]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
That's what i'm talking about man!!! People who aren't curious about thigs don't frequent places that satisfy curiosity! There's something inherently positive about this site even existing......

What got me to write this thread (reason#1, anyways), was to express how shocked I was to share similiar outlooks with people with...dissimiliar outlooks, and how that's unexplainable to me yet still, it exists.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by heyo]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
In a way yes, and in a way no, i feel a connection with the people on ATS as we are all seeking answers to something and are willing to search for them beyond the normal media and press, regardless of wether we have ever met or share the same veiws i still feel a harmony of sorts with fellow ATSrs, however there are some people here that i am genuinely scared of aswell for a number of reasons, not one person in particular but just in general, but the power of choice means i can avoid certain sections and not get involved in pointless arguments unless i feel bored for a while. So yes we have more in common with a family unit than at first glance.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
Do we on ATS see each other as a family 'per se'

Definately not! I don't like my family. Some of them I haven't spoken with for years and years. However, I like most of the people on ATS.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

You can pick your nose.. And you can pick your friends.. But you can't pick your family!
Blood line wise...
I feel a postive energy about ATS.. And I have found many friends and like minds here. So I guess you would say I did pick a few members on here who are like family to me here on ATS.....

What is the truth?

Hmmm.. Well to me the truth is that no 2 people will ever agree on everything in this life..
The truth is a personal venture into ones heart.
How you are raised, what you are taught.. And where you stand on any given subject.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
...I'm the kind of person who always gets what he wants. If people talk to me and either reinforce my belief or put forth a better explanation, either or, as long as it's a truth, I can take that commonality, if you will, into the real world. My personality is contagious. From what I know, true followers of jesus, practitioners of the "LOA" (for lack of a better word), the occult,...the list goes on, will know what I'm talking about.

What I want is for people to use my attitude that I get what I want when what I want is best for the whole of humanity.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Star and Flag for you thread....

We are a family....a disfunctional one but non the less a family!!!

be well my brothers and sisters....

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I agree with your definiton of truth...but can you picture the other universe where...say....W throws the show at YOU!! I dunno i just kind of wanted to say that ats is the first and only place where i've actually been intimidated bya guys intelligence. Well, could be a chick too-i.e.

neo"i thought you were a guy"
trinity:...most guys do..

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Star and Flag for you thread....

We are a family....a disfunctional one but non the less a family!!!

be well my brothers and sisters....

Peace

Yeah would you believe I find masonwatcher endearing???

Thought this would be a good time to say that Phage IS Alec Trebek!!

Noobfun's logic is irrefutable, but he's still wrong!!!
I believe so because I've personally won arguments where i knew i was wrong, so it stands to reason that a person could do the same where they'r wrong but think they're right!

I have no way to prove that tho!! lol! Personally I see the "reasonable truths" as a genius way to divide.......manipulation is rampant, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Whoa....flyers fan i've read a lot of your "original thinking" man. Your neurological pathways are straight and narrow....lol......

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
In a way yes, and in a way no, i feel a connection with the people on ATS as we are all seeking answers to something and are willing to search for them beyond the normal media and press, regardless of wether we have ever met or share the same veiws i still feel a harmony of sorts with fellow ATSrs, however there are some people here that i am genuinely scared of aswell for a number of reasons, not one person in particular but just in general, but the power of choice means i can avoid certain sections and not get involved in pointless arguments unless i feel bored for a while. So yes we have more in common with a family unit than at first glance.

Well yeah there's a difference between winning an argument and being right, but my point is that if you brought yourself here out of curiosity it denotes...something in common with me..anyways...so what is it????
I believe it's an honest search for truth....If we could realize what we all had in common, then go from there ON THAT PREMISE it would make the bible redundant....

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
man.

I'm a girl.
(and I'm old)

Your neurological pathways are straight and narrow ..

I have no idea what you just said.

Self examination - hmmmm .... I'm all over the place ... my quotes are both etherial (edgar allen poe) and left leaning politically (Josef Stalin) ... but I voted Constitution Party and say 'I'm American so America comes first'.

So in your ATS family picture does that make me the crazy old aunt that lives in the attic?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well i'm gonna explain the neurological pathways thing to you.

"straight and narrow are the path to righteousness". In my mind, every original thought I have is like the first step on unbroken earth...If you think the same way, you're neurons are going to operate the same way. Basically it comes down to people walk the beaten path...I think it applies to the function of the brain...or how it's been explained tome anyways...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

nobody's ever made you angry on here OP??

not even ME?

i have an enemy.. he is my eternal arch-nemesis Nwomi!

and i swear to the deaf to defeat his too-thug-to-be-abducted ways.

-

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

hmm just reread your post and i'm gonna "try" with every response so...

Honestly, I've seen you be truthful to truth, if you will. The proof is i've seen you both condemn and "stick up for" christianity. The only thing that mattered was the truth right????

It's objective truthsayers I wanna know about/take advice from/ whatever......the fact that you're an old woman only matters to someone who thinks that matters....I don't...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

prevenge (love the handle btw) you're another person i know by name. The one argument we had was cause you were being mean to a noob...lol..I mean, you went all deep and # on a kid who could barely construct a sentence HE believed let alone.....

I don't agree with you on some things but I have faith that that you're using your "_____" simply by being on this site.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
he-yo heyo

To get right to the subject matter at hand.. i do think of everyone as my family chosen or not.

ATS is a great place to debate the undebateable..

This is how see it.. As i walk the path of my life i interact with many others who do not see things the way i do.. do that make me wrong or them? Nope.. can it course arguments and tension "hell yeah"... But one must take it all with a pinch of salt..

We are all here for a reason, and that is to have a question answerd.. no matter what the question, being human requires you to ask them and to ask and understand why is the most important part..

We already know the answer to the questions we seek, but we have to have clarification of ones self satisfaction on the affermitive weather it be positive or not.. you get the same result "you question you asked was infact answerd

the yin and yang of life is to ask questions

or why els would we ask them in the first place?

; )

Good thread and S+f but then you knew that when you asked the question you did ^^)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
ATS Family ....The picture in my head if we were a sitcom

NOTE - this is ATS the sitcom and not what people really do ...
It's kind of how I picture them.

Valhall - ultra smart oldest sister who went away to Ivy League school and who now lives in the big city making a pile of money. She makes sure to fly in every Thanksgiving and always wears spiffy designer boots.

dgtempe - the sister who you always call on the phone first when something big happens so you can both say 'OMG!' 'OMG!' back and forth a zillion times.

Marg - the baby sister who is ah-dorable and is taking art classes at the YMCA for fun.

Mrmonsoon - Margs twin brother who plays soccer at the YMCA on weekends.

Niteboy - the kind hearted cousin who lives in an apartment with lots of plants and his cat and who you always spend Wednesday evenings with - sitting on his couch, watching Ghost Hunters, with your shoes off curled up on the couch with the lights off. (while his cat sits in your lap and purrs endlessly)

12m8keall2c - the oldest brother who you just know HAD to be adopted because he's so dang smart that he can't possibly be from the same gene pool as you.

Rockpuck - the smart level headed brother who isn't around as much as you'd like but who you always find during tax season to be sure to get your taxes done correctly.

KosmicJack sits at the kitchen table carefully clipping coupons and keeping them all ordered alphabetically and then ordered by date in a special coupon clipping pouch that has the ATS logo on it. Every coupon is clipped and is carefully put in exactly the correct spot in the pouch.

JSObecky - AKA - ATS Red Foremen (from That 70's show). the uncle who lives down the street, always sits in your EZchair when visiting, says exactly what he's thinking, and just loves to threaten to put his foot up your **** - Red Foreman Style

Semper - Cop by day, big brother all the time.

Loam and Budski shoot hoops in the driveway .. and then play pingpong .. and then challenge each other to an ATV race up a dirt road on a nearby mountain.

Riley and Irish M1ck grab dirt bikes and agree to meet Loam and Budski at the base of the mountain for the race.

All four of them - Loam, Budski, Riley and Irish M1ck laugh and laugh as they try to beat each other up the hill ... their vehicles throwing dirt and rocks in all directions and also creating a huge dust cloud that threatens to cover the entire mountain.

Asala - the mom. Absolutely. Kind hearted. But also can be strict in a loving way.

General Eyes can usually be reached on the cell phone ... at the mall.

Enjoies - the busy brother who breezes in and out of the house between basketball and soccer games.

Worldwatcher - the exotic world traveling cousin who always remembers to bring you back a gift in her suitcase from the different places she visits. The last gift she gave you was a little hand painted ceramic elephant from India.

Queenanne38 - The sister who is a librarian and can find any book by any author at any time - day or night.

Grim is the teenager with posters on his walls and can be found on the computer in his room at all hours.

RRConservative and Kosmo - can be found in the garage tinkering with the family cars and planning chat strategy, while the rest of the family are all in the house blissfully unaware of what is about to be rained down upon them by these two family members.

Saint4God - the Cousin that everyone picks to say grace during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter family-get-together dinners.

Mvd2 and sos37- Can be found fighting over the remote which MirthfulMe always hides.

ProfEmeritus and Sonya610 always help cook and set the table.

Nyk537 always gets stuck clearing the dishes after dinner. Nyk537 cleans up everyone else's mess .. and doesn't complain.

TrueAmerican stacks the dishwasher .. cleaning up the mess with no complaints.

Skyfloating is the one that goes around saying 'if you aren't in the room then turn out the lights when you leave' ... 'close the door, you are letting the heat out' ... 'who forgot to feed the dog!' ... and then after not getting an answer, proceeds to remedy the situation.

And that's my ATS sitcom

[edit on 2/14/2009 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join