It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic mapping of babies by 2019 will transform preventive medicine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Preventative medicine or something more devious.

There has been a lot said about “Human Chipping” this takes the next step. Sure there is a lot to be said for DNA mapping, but what if it’s found a baby is predisposed to something not socially acceptable.

Every baby born a decade from now will have its genetic code mapped at birth, the head of the world's leading genome sequencing company has predicted. A complete DNA read-out for every newborn will be technically feasible and affordable in less than five years, promising a revolution in healthcare, says Jay Flatley, the chief executive of Illumina.

I guess if something is found there will be a chance of correcting it. Will we be more likely to start to alter what we as humans are all about – diversity. The alterations can be downloaded into your own “human chip” as sort of human version of software updates.

Genetic mapping of babies

What do you think is there something more in this or nothing to worry about?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
there are various threads on the subject, so i'll simply post links:

Aussise flock to designer baby technology

US Government to collect DNA of every newborn

experience has shown that such capabilites will be misued, f-ex. Chinese prenatal screeing against girls.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Nothing more then Gattaca film predicted. Future will be predetermined heavily by person genetic information, rich people will be able to "fix" their kids according to science and fashion in the womb, and others will be mostly confined to whatever jobs available with such "outdated" genome. Unless of course parents will sign contract with some corporation and person, even when unborn yet, will have to work for this corporation in the future.
This kind of stuff, nothing to worry, move along. The future is coming on.
I know it sounds and looks grim - at least to me. But i still think that people will have just the same happy vs sad ration as they had in the dark ages and we have now.
There are other dangers and twists and turns for Human race in the future (like AI developement, cyborgisation and such) so our race will change considerably. Maybe those aliens are just our grand-grand sons (or whtever) on a field(time) trip to barbaric past?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Your right and eventually in a generation there will be a world wide DNA map every last detail will be on computer. The information will be used for allsorts of stuff including in court. The database will be searched for people predisposed to certain crimes extra.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I BET YOU THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO GO AWAY

now see whats happening

DNA samples from 1.1milion children held on register as Labour 'plots database by stealth'

DNA samples taken from 1.1million children are being held on an ever expanding government database.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

A complete DNA read-out for every newborn will be technically feasible and affordable in less than five years, promising a revolution in healthcare, says Jay Flatley, the chief executive of Illumina.

they're just missing a "TI" at the end of that name and they'd be complete! muahahhaah

honestly.. I think Prevengeative healthcare is preferable, wouldn't you agree?

-

top topics

join