It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

71% of Americans Want to see Bush Administration Investigated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

71% of Americans Want to see Bush Administration Investigated

w ww.examiner.com

Of the 71% who believe Bush should be investigated, 41% want a criminal investigation while 30% are in favor of investigation by an independent panel. 71% is a very high percentage of the American population.

Though President Obama has shown little inclination to get involved in an investigation and possible prosecution of officials in the Bush administration, it seems the nation wants the former President Bush to be held accountable for his crimes.

Another 63% of Americans are in favor of investigating the Bush administration in connection with illegal wiretapping. 62% of Americans believe the Bush administration should be investigated for the use of torture.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
At least it seems like some in Congress, even some Republicans,

Walter Jones, GOP Congressman, Signs On To Investigating Bush,

are still keeping the, shall we say, the "bulldog tactics" of the Bush administration on the forefront.

It's just so hard to believe that the rest of Congress is just so "whatever" or "lackadaisical" to what the executive branch has pulled for the past 8 years!

I guess time will tell if this small contingent who have the Kahuna's to speak up will actually be able to get an investigation started even!

But, It's still nice to hear that some in Congress STILL question what the Bush administration did and are willing to put THEIR future on the line just to even try to get an investigation started!!.

w ww.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I bet you .02 that the second there is a huge embarrassing story about Obama they will bring this up.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
I bet you .02 that the second there is a huge embarrassing story about Obama they will bring this up.

Why would they have to do it then?

It's already brought up!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Bring it up for serious consideration.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Investigated? Prosecuted to the full extent of international law. The crimes were perpetrated against us all, not just the US. Pack them all into a space ship and hit the Launch button.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

the mean little arrogant bastard couldn't run the two companies his daddie bought him, he bankrupted and took off with the pension monies, much less run a country.

Anyone stupid enough to have voted for this arrogant jerk that condons torture and invasion of privacy resulting in a facists police state deserves what every common man woman and child is going to go through for the next ten years.

Maybe people have awaken, but it may just be too late.

I think Bush, Rick, Cheney ought to be investigated and hung.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Anyone stupid enough to have voted for this arrogant jerk that condons torture and invasion of privacy resulting in a facists police state deserves what every common man woman and child is going to go through for the next ten years.

Maybe people have awaken, but it may just be too late.

I think Bush, Rick, Cheney ought to be investigated and hung.

Calling Voters of an opposing Political View "Stupid", is to portray an immense sum of Ignorance.

As for per the "Investigations", President Obama never even revealed his Undergraduate Transcripts, Harvard Law Review Publishings, and some would say a legitimate Birth Certificate. So if President Bush is to be investigated according to your naive allegations, then President Obama should be subject to the same Treatment as well. Fair is Fair.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Most of the world want them investigated, tried then executed for all to see.

This guy killed over a million people, gave thousands of billions to his friends in the banks and to corporation murdering people and kidnapping people... Blackwater, Halliburton, KBR, CIA... he abused the constitution, human rights, allowed the torture of childrens....destroyed the constitution.

Most of the Bush administration, and the Clinton administration need to be all put on preventive custody, like they do terrorists, because THEY ARE TERRORISTS.

We want a new NUREMBERG TRIAL.

Put all Bilderberg, Trilateral Comission, Guantanamo staff, Foreign prisons staffs and CFR members in custody. And do this not only in America, but in Europe too and in the UN.

And start investigating Obama, because he's just a puppet, like Bush was.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I guess I am one of the few people who fell that Bush did what he had to do. First he had to pull the country out of the recession left by the Clinton administration. Then he was told by Clinton that Saddam is going to need to be dealt with. He has WMDs. He is using them on his own people, he is kick inspectors out of certain areas of interest. He was doing this and that and that he is going to need to be dealt with. Then 9/11 happened and he had to go after Bin laden and al qaeda in Afghanistan. Then with all the info from the prior administration and the info from the CIA and international sources all said that Saddam had WMDs, So he had to go deal with that problem.

Now this is not to say that some thing were all good and all bad, but he had things stacked against him. He had to make Americans feel safe when they went to bed at night. I applaud president Bush. Things could have gone a lot worse than what happened. He was the right man at the right time.

Though many of us will scorn and ridicule his presidency at the moment, given time and the changes made in the subsequent presidencies, we shall see the truth and the facts of everything. And perhaps Bush may not be as bad in your eyes as he his right now.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Haven't You Heard...They're Closing Guantanamo Bay?

Maybe We Should of Had Congress Slip In a Line on The New Bill to Keep it Open, and, Use the Stimulus Job Creation Theme to Keep a Few Guards Employed Watching Them.

[edit on 2/14/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Is this because they have only managed to get around to questioning 71% of the population so far?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Bush Denies Reality: “We’re Not Headed into a Recession”
www.infowars.com...

Add this to the "List"

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I can understand Obama's idea of getting beyond the bad past, as I wanted to do when I got out of a bad marriage. I could have gotten stuck playing the blame game, but I didn't. I moved forward with my life. Obama does not rule out that others in government might want to press charges/investigate, but he would not.

OTOH, unlike with my marriage, it is important to hold lawbreakers accountable, especially when there is a law broken which could set a precedent for future action by an elected official. Obama might not do what Bush etal are accused of doing, but a future president might, and say it is ok to do it.

The political ideology of extremists in his party, which lead to deregulation/refusal to oversee, imploded the economy. They succeeded in doing what Osama bin Laden tried but failed on 9/11, to bring down the American economy. If Bush etal escaped impeachment and investigation, they will surely not escape this legacy.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I personally would like to see George Bush and his entire administration investigated, jailed, and then worse. The way that man destroyed this country and very ideology of America is just unbelievable and I can't believe he got out of office alive.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

Correct me if I'm wrong - I don't follow US politics with bated breath here - but didn't Clinton leave office with the biggest budget surplus ever?

news.bbc.co.uk...

No matter how it got there or why, the fact is that the money was there. If not, then maybe it's there now and it wasn't then. If that's the case, we're just playing "Duck, Duck, Goose", aren't we?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well, if 71% of Americans want an investigation, then that's WAY over a majority desire.

Hence, the ONLY thing to do if you want to remain a democracy is to launch a serious investigation.
Otherwise... you're ignoring the will of the people.

The process of freedom and democracy demands that the majority get what they want.
A trial.

So string him up.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm willing to bet that this 71% figure is a falsehood. I live in a particularly liberal community, and NONE of the people that I've engaged support a rehashing of the Bush Administration. Add to that the fact that Nancy Pelosi herself is on record as saying that any prosecution of the Bush Administration is off the table. Persecuting and prosecuting the Bush administration will not serve the liberal element -- Liberals in this country now must deal with the HORRIBLE realization that the "progressive" president they elected is WORSE coming in to office that Bush EVER was.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
#Elsewhere I suggested Bush2's pre-"retirement" thought to pardon 9/11 investigators for possible severe and world renouncing torture for info efforts, was in reality an effort to close the back door to Bush2 direxct involvement to circumvent the pathway leading to direct charges against Cheney, Bush2, or both.
Decoy

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Would you want an investigation if someone walked to your neighbor's house, invaded the property, and then killed every single one of the people living there?

Of course, because it is on a small scale. But if the number of deaths goes in the hundred thousands or even millions it is not a crime any more. It is a statistic.

As a Russian dictator once said: "A single death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join