It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Satellite Debris Falling Across The Region

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Mike Farmer`s Team Finds Three More Today 19FEB09

Source

That makes 7 pieces found so far.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
Experience. Meteorites are quite distinctive, if you know what you're looking for, although the differences might not be noticed so easily by someone who does not know what to look for.

Originally posted by violet
I think I may have some of these in my garden

Do you live near West, Texas?

NO! I'm kidding
I have alot of rocks and some are striking but unfortunately just your average pebble. My daughter once found a heart-shaped rock and gave it to me and I still have it ... worth more than a meteorite, to me anyways!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Perhaps, if there had been only one set of finds, but, these are fresh/pristine samples (ie. they have not been sitting on the ground for long and exposed to the elements), and there have been two separate finds. To find random fresh unrelated meteorites would be extremely unlikely - meteorites surviving atmospheric entry and making it to the ground are not that common.

On the other hand, we have a daylight fireball that caused sonic booms, obviously because it was low down in the atmosphere, and that is an almost certain bet to produce meteorites, and in many cases they scatter debris over a wide area, just like we are starting to see here. Remember the Edmonton/Alberta fireball/meteorite?

I expect we will hear of more finds in the next couple of days or so.

they're likely to be "fresh" meteorites....yummy sounds good... ok no more tin foil ideals from me... It is a conspiracy site you know...

Alberta fireball.... that one looked like a nuke going off.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by imitator]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by imitator

It's not a totally far-fetched idea. Although I know C.H.U.D would disagree, and is more knowledgable than you or I on this subject, and I'm trying to be mindful of this.

For all we know this is a "magic trick", and they planted the hunter witnesses hired by API. For one, why did they put out an advisory (posted a few pages back) advising people not to approach the debris because it may be dangerous and may even be leaking contaminants? Yet here are all these meteorite hunters on the scene happily touching these not so hazardous looking rocks.

Also at first the Govt officials said it was satellite debris and posted weather notices and aviation warnings to Pilots, then they withdrew those comments and had suddenly determined it was a meteor - but stay away from the fallout zones. It also seemed they went back and forth saying debris was found, then it was never found, then law enforcment officers had some in their posession, then these hunters are the "first" to claim it before other hunters had, and after they'd said the law had some of it first. Just alot of inconsistencies, and I'm sure I've left some out. It's such a disorganised tale, that makes it seem if it was a coverup it wasn't very well thought out ... but until further notice it's a meteor

[edit on 20-2-2009 by violet]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
though they could of been planted there.
It is a conspiracy site you know...

Yes, that is true, but, that does not give you the right to slander someone without any basis.

If there is evidence to suggest a fraud is being committed, then present it, otherwise, hold you tung! I'm tempted to invite Mike Farmer on here to defend himself, and I will if any more accusations are thrown about.

Alberta fireball.... that one looked like a nuke going off.

Night time Vs Daylight - hardly surprising!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Thank you for being mindful violet.

I'm just trying to stick to the facts. There are always many possibilities, but without any evidence, it's pretty much pointless speculation, and in this case it's potentially quite harmful and unfair (to Mike Farmer/his team).

As for the advisory not to approach debris - that was supposed to refer to fallen space-junk, which could potentially be hazardous as I explained before, due to unspent hydrazine fuel.

These events are always confused in nature - that is the nature of the beast so to speak. The satellite collision has confused things even more than usual. We all know that governmental bodies/local government are constantly incompetent, so in a 'sudden' event like this, there's bound to be some floundering.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Yes, that is true, but, that does not give you the right to slander someone without any basis.

I'm sorry the thought police doesn't apply, it's not my fault they said it was an airplane, UFO, dirty satellite or meteorite. Just because the story raises a suspicious flag, doesn't mean I'm slandering anyone, only the story.

Just a thought...maybe some meteorite groups work in tandum on big events like this, even with government.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Just a thought...maybe some meteorite groups work in tandum on big events like this, even with government.

Maybe, but is there any evidence to support this theory?

I have not seen any...

If you are going to speculate, speculate on evidence we have - don't just pull random theories out of the air that have no evidence to support them. We could do that all day, but is it going to get us anywhere? I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Some more info that found it's way to me - no source, sorry, it was an email.

More finds

Hello from Sunny Texas, under clear and starry-eyed skies at the moment,

A few stones were found right at the time of the fall, however, they
were not definitively identified as meteorites - though that was the
suspicion and they were saved.

We (Doug Dawn, Dmitry Sadilenko, Sergey Petukov) drove across the
country and estimated the location of the strewn field within 48 hours
of the event. With a bit of tenacity, scarcely four hours after the
second day, thanks to the help of some Texas-sized hospitality, we
arrived in the strewn field and found our first couple of stones and I
had the distinct pleasure of shaking the finders hand and removing any
lingering doubts in his mind that he had meteorites fresh from Heaven's
farm.

After the initial success, my good friend and asteroidhunter, Rob
Matson of Los Angeles, joined up with the team. We have found some
stones, but more are being found by others, and we really expect larger
masses to be found, though hard work in the field definitely gets you
wondering if just because such a meteoritical spectacle drops one
stone, should it drop the thousands we keep expecting to see? The TKW
is rapidly evolving, but the area is being hit quite hard by hunters
already. This doesn't seem to be a dense fall, and some areas are very
easy to search, though bramble in other areas effectively keeps those
off limits. All land is private and most families keep their gun
collections well oiled. In our case, the big-hearts of the landowners
have humbled easily as much as the witness reports of the bolide's
fragmenting itself. This is at odds with some other reports, only
because residents of the area treasure their privacy and were
completely overwhelmed by the wave of treasure hunters that descended.
We almost lost our permission to hunt when they believed that we were
somehow responsible for several meteorite hunters showing up with a
news crews. Besides being quite busy, I promised to respect the
anonymity of our hosts as a condition of our search, and this evening
we reaped the benefits of a delicious home-cooked dinner prepared by
the caring hands of our hosts at their dinner table. There is a great
Texas steakhouse on I-35 which adds to the flavor for anyone wanting to
experience Texas culture, cowboys and pretty cowgirls from West, TX.

It has been an incredible last few days, which started by being the
first to walk in a virgin strewn field, though my mother had some
problems (she seems better now) that have somewhat muted what will
undoubtedly be some of the most memorable moments of my life. It is way
past bedtime and I will post more tomorrow. The meteorite itself is
moderately to highly shocked and has a very bright, light, interior and
veins of troilite and nodules of metal, and the majority of stones
found are fully fusion crusted. More on the classification on Saturday.
We certainly were not in a mass-laden portion of the strewn field,
other hunters please take note; more likely just a place where a minor
fragmentation impacted. In any case, we are committed to getting the
science done so everyone else can rest assured that we have already
gladly provided the mass requirements necessary for this honor.

All in all, a very humbling experience for many reasons. To pick up a
piece of a falling star and I thought, detect a faint sulfurous odor.
It seems a dog even caught the scent of a meteorite and laid it down on
the owners porch!

Best wishes and clear skies
Doug

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
What leaped out at me as I first read about this was it's correspondence with the ninth and final sign of Hopi prophecy which says "You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease."

Now, I ask you, "a dwelling place above the earth?" if that isn't a satellite then what is? And that it shall "fall with a great crash."? Yep - check! And that it will "appear as a blue star." Full house! This certainly does fit the bill.

For those of you that aren't familiar with Hopi prophecy or for those of you that would like a reminder, here are all nine prophetic signs, in order:

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.

- The Hopi explain that "Pahana" is a is white man who is their true spiritual bother... but as I understand it he left earth to go to space and was foretold to return at the dawning of the new age. But the point is he was white skinned. Like the European settlers who came and stole the red man's land and used guns to enforce their will. So that came to pass.

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."

- That's quite self-explanatory.

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."

- Again... this one is explained.

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

- Railroads, anyone?

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

- Telephone and electricity cables, right?

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

- Asphalt roads. Ever seen a mirage on a road in the hot sun?

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

- I'm guessing this must be an oil spill? Maybe oil spills generically or maybe it refers to a specific one that would be of more significance to the Hopi? This one: en.wikipedia.org... was geographically close-ish to home for the Hopi and would certainly have fit the bill. Certainly it caused environmental disaster.

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

- Hippies? Those of us too young to remember the sixties and early seventies really missed out on the whole hippie movement. There really was a moment there when it seemed as if we might actually get the whole peace and love thing. It was a sort of a "false start" for the true new golden age, I think. But it wasn't wasted. The seeds were planted in our planetary consciousness in time for the ninth sign...

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.

- Is this event that we are discussing the fulfilment of the Ninth Sign? It could be. What does it mean if it is? Well, after this, the ninth sign, there are more things foretold. Essentially it says there will be war between the US and a middle-eastern nation. Possibly a nuclear exchange. And then the Pahana will return and the new age will dawn.

Food for thought?

I've think the Hopi words might just be worth paying attention to!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I wouldn't call a satellite a dwelling place. Not even the space station.

Did someone ask the question as to why so much of this debris should fall?
Wouldn't a lot of it just stay up there?
Are we going to know if any of these "pieces' have been positively identified as beloning to these statellites?

I understand that Richard Hoagland gave an interview wherein he stated that there is a war going on in space. Having not heard the original, is there any place where it can be heard?
Was this before or after the "collision"?

Is there anyone else who has said this?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I was at a friends house during the weekend, but when I came back home my sister told me she saw a bluish bright light falling from the sky from our front porch. She didn't hear any noise tho.

She said it didn't last very long, but never saw somthing like it before. She said it was brighter than any "shooting star" she's seen.

This is in Louisville, ky.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Just checking in .... not having much luck getting online and now using safe mode, so no quotes or reply to's
... anyways when I did manage to get on before my latest shutdown. I saw a news article, can't find it now, but it was about another one of those man-made brick things crashing through a roof of a home in Dallas & also another one crashing through a wearhouse in NJ.. unless that story was being confused with the one that crashed through the roof of a truck in NJ. Just wondering what the heck these things are, since they appear to have come from the same source (looking at the pics), yet at such great distances from one another.

Another thing while I was away, I saw a shooting star, or maybe a small meteor fall into the southern sky (south coastal BC area) don't recall when but maybe the 21st

Excuse any typos, I can barely read what I'm writing in this thing!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite, was in Earth's orbit for 20 years. Six years back, the satellite reached what NASA referred to as "end of a productive scientific life". UARS is expected to come back to Earth soon. By Saturday, the satellite will re-enter the atmosphere. UARS satellite pieces have 1 in 3,200 chance of hitting Earth. NASA is providing hourly updates on the status of the UARS satellite. Even with that, the best estimate is that NASA will be able to provide two hours’ warning on the UARS re-entry. Solar activity is blamed for the speed of UARS’s fall. The increased solar activity is also blamed for troubles with communications satellites. Though UARS is falling from the sky quickly, it is just one of the estimated 22,000 pieces of “space junk” orbiting the Earth.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by remieB

You do realize this thread is 2 years old right ?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join