It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Idea For the Auto Industry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
From a somewhat old idea of the monorail comes the idea for the monomobile

Of all the ideas for changing the transportation system I think this idea deserves some merit. While the overall cost of upgrading the highway system would be huge, it would definitely be cheaper in the long run. Especially annual maintenance and bridge replacements are concerned.

And it comes from a group out of Cincinnati, so I have a bit of bias for the local boys

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
No interest? Not far out, whiz-bang enough? Or do people feel this is just too impractical of an idea?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Great idea but I cannot see people giving in to being controlled by outside means by hooking up to one of these things.

Where would the roofrack go?
What about commercial vehicles?
What about traffic jams...inevitable and unavoidable on one of these things if a single car got stuck. You couldn't drive round or find an alternative route.

And how many people would want to drive one of those?

Get a train.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well I looked into this company after hearing an interview on a local talk radio station.

From that interview he said that the roof rack would be retractable.
That commercial traffic would remain surface roads.
There would be exits like the interstates and auto pilot features for long range travel.

Yeah traffic jams due to dead units, power failures and what not would be a problem. And I am not sure that this would be good for every one as it seems to be like a suspended roller coaster that runs at 100MPH.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'm suddenly having a flashback to the scene in "Wall E" where all the fat lazy citizens are moving around on their conveyor belt systems, then when one falls over, the traffic automatically redirects itself.

America is fat because they love the automobile.
Europeans are thinner because they don't drive everywhere, they walk, get active in their community, etc.

top topics

join