It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 5, Survives Nine Days After Car Wreck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
LOS ANGELES � A 5-year-old girl found in a ravine survived on dry noodles and Gatorade while remaining near her dead mother following a car crash more than a week ago, relatives and authorities said.

The girl, apparently uninjured, was identified as Ruby Bustamante, the daughter of Norma Bustamante, 26, of Indio, said Jane Evans, nursing supervisor at Riverside Regional Medical Center. They were reported missing April 4.

California Department of Transportation workers repairing a road barrier Tuesday morning found the girl, her mother's body and a wrecked Ford Taurus 150 feet down a ravine off the 60 Freeway between Moreno Valley and the Banning Pass, said Chris Blondon, spokesman for the California Highway Patrol

www.foxnews.com...

The car had crashed about 10 days ago, and the girl was hungry and thirsty but unhurt, Blondon said in a statement.

Relatives gathered at the hospital late Tuesday where Evans said Ruby was in stable condition.

Can you imagine this ? My heart and prayers go out to this little girl and the family.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have a 6 year old girl and no, I can't imagine her having to go through that. Having to be there 9 days...
It's the most tragic thing I have heard of in a while.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
That's just awful that poor girl, she must have been very brave, I have an eight year old niece and I would hate her to go through something like that, I can't even think about it.
At least she's back with her family now though.

But I bet it won't make the headlines because of a couple of stupid politians starting a certain war.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Seems like she had some sort of emotional strength to to be in depresion and not feel like eating.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
this little one showed tremendous courage and strength...

It was reported that the mother was alive for a couple of days, I hope that she was able to communicate with the girl and try to "help" her get through it.

I also believe that then things like this happen and it's the children who make it, there's some devine intervention taking place.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- A 5-year-old girl who was found with her dead mother after a car crash that may have happened as many as 10 days ago was "doing extraordinarily well" at a hospital Wednesday, the girl's doctor said.

She's smiling, watching TV, and is happy to be surrounded by her family again," said Dr. Webster Wong of Riverside Medical Center.

Wong said Ruby had some bumps, bruises and scratches, but nothing more serious.

this is great news !

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Brilliant news that the girls fine but what were the local police doing for nine days?

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassini
Brilliant news that the girls fine but what were the local police doing for nine days?

I hear ya, the first fox news article reports that the family is very upset that the police wasn't serching...

this is on the report now :
Sgt. Richard Banasiak of the Indio Police Department said authorities entered the two names in a national computer database for missing persons and the family posted fliers throughout the area. He said the search was hampered by rugged terrain.

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by elevatedone]

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by elevatedone]

top topics

join