It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BA Plane In City Landing Scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

BA Plane In City Landing Scare

news.sky.com

Passengers and crew members have been evacuated from a plane after its front undercarriage failed on landing in London.

All of the 67 passengers and four crew are safe after the incident at City Airport involving British Airways flight 8456 from Amsterdam.

A problem was discovered with the nose wheel on the BAE Systems-manufactured
Avro RJ100, which prompted the pilot to deploy the emergency slides.

A spokeswoman for London City Airport said the plane had damage to the nose wheel but had landed on the runway.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So, we have yet another plane incident.

Is someone trying to tell us something or is this really just a coincidence?

A problem with a nose-wheel wouldn't "down" a plane, but that thing would have been pretty dangerous while landing. Kudos to another good pilot.

What's next eh? in the last few days alone we've had this event, yesterday the plane coming down in Buffalo-New York killing 50 people, and two training planes colliding mid-air in South Wales-UK killing 2 young girls and their tutors a few days ago.

Will there be more?
Is it going to become more of a growing fear among people not to fly so we "contain" ourselves inside our own borders, use more "pump-juice" and buy more cars? Easier to monitor us at home eh?

I rarely fly and enjoy it when I do. I don't want that to change and it becomes too expensive because of a lack of customers or the growing cost of maintenance, security and infrastructure.

Let's hope for a "lull" in these flight disasters for a while...even that average out a bit better.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

maybe the NWO want us to stop flying so that we don't ruin the entire globe with global warming?

maybe the NWO want us to buy their new ufo tech?

maybe the nature of statistics means you are bound to get groups in any truely random system, if all plain crashs were evenly spaced thata would be really really weird.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Well the one in the US looks like it's gonna be put down to the wing icing up.

The one in wales is probably 'misadventure' the instructors seem to have been in formation flying with the very inexperienced girls, who know maybe one of them got excited and accidentally hit the controls... They were over pretty mountainous ground so possibly an up/down draft... They should never of been flying within miles of each other in my view, when I was a cadet we did loads of those flights... Never that close ever.

And the London one, nose wheel collapse? That happens fairly regularly... Those 3 incidents are coincidence IMO.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

The real lunatics are people who see conspiracy under every stone. You lot are ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

The real lunatics are people who see conspiracy under every stone. You lot are ridiculous.

And the ignorant are those that don't.

The world is possibilities...how big's yours?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
LCY approach is a `steep approach` of 5.5 degree`s - only a few aircraft types are permitted to land - the biggest being the `baby bus` the A318 - and i hear most of the time they get thumped down as the approach is harsh , spoilres are deployed very early to stabilise the sink rate and the flare is quite high as well.

so LCY is harder on aircraft and pilots.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Someone trying to tell us something? Someone...?

I gotta agree with 2nd poster, that putting a conspiracy in everytime something happens is a bit off.
If anything is something natural that is occuring in either the solar system or the galaxy and is natural in a scientific sense.
If not then go blame terrorists.

How come noone screamed conspiracy when that pilot landed that plane so nicely in the Hudson? Maybe it was a conspiracy in order to have the public something to gather around with positive thoughts while something else went on.... or wait... maybe it was just a combination between, bad luck, good luck and skill.
Just like this a case of bad luck, instrumental failure and tragedy.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

How come noone screamed conspiracy when that pilot landed that plane so nicely in the Hudson?

Are you sure nobody screamed conspiracy? Read some threads:

Hudson River Plane Crash Suspicious

Inconsistency of US Plane Crash Released

What Was Really Happening in The World Yesterday?

Economy Crashes Into Hudson River

Pentagon and surrounding area security cameras in light of the Hudson River Airbus crash.

I'm sure there are more but these should keep you going for a while.

cheers....nerb

new topics

top topics

join