It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Charged Over Deadly Oz Fires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Man Charged Over Deadly Oz Fires

news.sky.com

Australian police have charged a man with arson causing death over one of the country's deadly bushfires.

The man was charged with lighting a fire near the town of Churchill in the southeastern state of Victoria. That blaze killed at least 21 people.

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has described Australia's deadliest bushfires, which killed at least 181 people when they swept through Victoria, as "mass murder".

The suspect has been moved from the small town where he was arrested to Victoria's state capital Melbourne for his own safety, police said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Got 'im!

I don't imagine this arsonist is going to get off lightly and they're going to throw everything they can at him for a maximum sentance.

21 fires still burning and a death toll aproaching 300. What a mess.

Let's hope they get these fires under control soon and I hope all our Aussie members are free from risk and family and friends are safe.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Do they really think he is the sole arsonist? I read this earlier today. I hope he is the only one. It is horrible what has happend in Australia. If he is guilty he need to face the full extent of thier laws.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
If he is the one i hope charged with murder & never gets out of prison. I think some of the prisoners would like to get their hands on him.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
Do they really think he is the sole arsonist? I read this earlier today. I hope he is the only one. It is horrible what has happend in Australia. If he is guilty he need to face the full extent of thier laws.

If he had any accompices, I'm sure the nice australian policemen will help him tell them who they are.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

Psychologically too unwell ? way too convenient for my liking. Seems like they have their criminal to roll out to deflect peoples anger away from the policy of staying and fighting fires......or perhaps to help the healing have a patsy take the blame ?

[edit on 14-2-2009 by mazzroth]

new topics

top topics

join