It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul says stimulus documentation was impossible to read

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Interesting, no time to decide anything

Obama is president right now
this is pathetic to say the least

'change'????

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The whole thing is a damn disaster.

I don't know what else I can say about it. I already went on my rant earlier today as I about flipped my lid when this information came out.

We are on the road to ruin.

What's going to happen first? "Rebirth" of the Constitution (I don't like the word Revolution) and the citizens reclaim their country? Or do we all sit and continue to watch our government go crazy with spending bills which will destroy our economy and make us all live in poverty?

What's it going to be?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
If I didn't know better I'd say we just got hijacked. There was a public opinion campaign where promises were floated for transparency, bipartisanship, and success. Upon the passing of the bill you can mark it as a failure on transparency and a failure on bipartisanship; You know exactly where this pattern leaves us.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
absolute BS. I can't believe that the Dems pulled a move like this. I am partisan in no way, but this is completely irresponsible. Proof that the parties vote along party lines regardless of what bill/mandate they are trying to pass. Thanks to Dr. Paul for a firsthand account of this atrocity. Things are going to get ugly for sure.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by mpriebe81]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
HELLO, Today is Friday the 13th!!!

That alone should be the first clue, nightmare scenario from the start. A very powerful 13th too with the lunar eclipse just a couple of days ago, and the beginning of the age of Aquarius.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I guess this is how the democrats will lead us into the future.

This kind of reminds me of the housing bubble and how a whole bunch of people got into trouble with their mortgages.

Don't worry about the small print and annoying details, just sign on the bottom and you are set.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by wutone]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Anytime you have a bill that still has portions in handwriting is bad bad news.

How hard is it to scratch it our and place something over it making it look like it was the original bill?

Not why it's bad though, bad because if they couldn't even type it up in it's entirety how the heck could anyone actually see the end resulting bill?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I don't know how Ron Paul always manages to remain so civil and professional when he's clearly deeply concerned by all that's going on. Still, that's what you need - a man who's not going to let his emotions get the better of him and be thrown out before getting any work done.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all. It's just business as usual.
Voting on a bill that couldn't even be read is just pathetic.

As Brian Ritchie said in his song "America",
"The rich get richer and the poor get poorer
That's what America means".

Thanks Dr. Paul for keeping us updated on the travesty that is our Legislative branch.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Oh boy.... handwritting? pf.... 12 hours to read 1100 pages?
Thats 92 pages/hour.... almost 2 pages a minute... IMPOSSIBLE!

how on earth is this possible? why the people are not screaming
in front of the white house?

I was a little skeptic about celente comments and all, but this is real.
Eventually the NWO will be the only solution, and people will want it.

The survival forum will have a lot of traffic in the next months...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This is evil, this is dirty, this is vial!!! What in the hell is wrong with our congressmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????

I am so #ing mad right now...

But you know what pisses me off the most!?!? They will get away with this! It's just about enough to make one man lose it....

Wait no... that is not what pisses me off the most. What really makes my blood boil is the fact NOBODY WILL DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS.

I will tell you what I am going to do about it. I am going to start a blog, and warn people about what is going on in congress.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by sliceNodice]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
After years of being a 'Democrat' and finally opening my eyes after the 911 FF, I began to recognize the illusions I'd been taught throughout life. Opening my eyes entailed recognizing the falsity of the right-left paradigm and how the folks who truly own us manipulate the two party system to provide the illusion of choice and 'freedom'. But the hegemony continues to trundle along... and our rights eroded, the nation destroyed, the economy manipulated and destroyed (after everything is stolen).

What happened with this legislation is no surprise to those of us who see Obama and the dems as simply a continuation of the same elite agenda that typified BUSH II. So... no transparency. No honesty. No loyalty to the Constitution. In other words, the SOS.

It WILL take a revolution to change all this crap, you know.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I don't know why so many of you are surprised. This is who the President Has Been, Is and Always will be. This is who the Dems Have been, Are and Will Always be!

Why you are surprised that They Lied to you AGAIN, is beyond me.

The vast majority of the users of ATS are Left leaning and pulled the lever for the current administration. They believed the absolute lie they were fed and still do believe it.

The righties are not off the hook here either. They allowed the Loud Minority to buffalo them into submission.

The only way to change this, is to stop voting in the same goones over and over again and start actually voting in 'Non Career Politicians.' Good Morally sound individuals with a Moral Backbone that represent YOU, not their pocket book.

You wanted Change, you got that and then some.

America is Great. Those who lead her are not. The government thinks the people are their to serve the government. The Federal Government thinks the States are subject to the Fed. The politicians have completely flipped the constitution upsidedown. The inverse is true. The government answers to US! They work for US. We surround Them!

Speak up people. Call, write, email. Get your rear ends up off the couch and stop paying Xbox thinking that it doesnt effect you.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by arcnaver]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The president and others worked hard to get blind partisan support for this legislation, of course no one could possibly have read this in the time given before the vote.

They knew they had to push it through before the American people had an opportunity to review the finished bill. They could not allow the people to get in the way of what they believe was important legislation.

They will not have this majority for long and they know that, this was perhaps their only opportunity to take advantage of their majority control of government.

The fact that they had to fly in the passing vote from his mother's funeral services and hold the vote open until late last night should tell you a lot about what has happened here.

No point in reading it now, it's a done deal!

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Thier is a point in reading it now. You need to be prepared for the Rights you just lost and know how it is going to effect you so you can survive in this New World Order of Obama's.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
JP Morgan Chase announced yesterday afternoon (Friday the 13th of February) that it would be opening Mortgage counseling centers in places like Florida and California to help mortgage holders under the Chase umbrella of institutions (some recently acquired post bailout with bailout money) stay in their homes.

Great you say. They then go on to say they are forestalling initiating any new foreclosures to give President Obama time to work out a stimulus that will allow people to stay in and not loose their homes?

It is as if it is now a foregone conclussion on the part of the Banksters that the U.S. Taxpayers will be forced to step up and take on the Banksters toxic debt and that no one has to worry about a thing.

Except of course for the taxpayers themselves who currently are each in debt to the Treasury and Federal Reserve for around 250k up almost 60K since the first bailout and climbing.

Anyone who really knows history knows this is how the Habiru (Hebrew) ended up stuck in Egypt building pyramids for centuries as they worked off the debt previous generations borrowed.

The more things change...the more they stay the same!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Great speaker and kindful at that. Maybe this all has to do with Ron Paul's party which really doesn't amount to anything but talk of concern. It's always about that draw down for that doomsday scenario. It's like he's that buffer in between progress and corruption. The one that stays calm during the storm. A nuclear bomb will implode on the Vatican and this guy will still be there in front of the camera or on the podium giving his time to the world. Too many problems and not enough solutions. So when solutions are in the making they always make it out to be the problem. The problem is these politicians and the people that voted them in. Maybe it's time to blow up the world again and start over. It's obvious this species of human has imperfect quality of stability and resistance to life in general. I'm going to have to pass the word on to the alien grays to intitiate the removal process.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Impossible to read. Isn't it always the case when we are being deliberately screwed. It's the same as the EU treaty, no one can understand it, which is exactly how it was meant to be. I always chuckle at how Republicans blame Democrats and vice versa. Anyone with a ounce of common sense can see it makes no difference whose in power, as they are both the same. Wake up!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
HELLO, Today is Friday the 13th!!!

That alone should be the first clue, nightmare scenario from the start. A very powerful 13th too with the lunar eclipse just a couple of days ago, and the beginning of the age of Aquarius.

I agree with you, that this was a staged day for US History. Just like 911. They both have relative dates, and both are verymuch BAD dates to use when changing history. Do you think we will look back and say "Hey, Friday the 13th saved many many lives" ? I doubt it. This thing was pushed through, so fast, it almost seems to me like they were playing the numbers game. And we all know who likes to play the numbers game. This poison is put right in our faces, and we are forced to inhale it.
911. friday13th. whats next?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

So this is what Obama was talking about with his whole "change" gimic!

Now they don't even read this stuff anymore to pass these bills!!!
Well we sertinly are going to see alot of change here in the comming years!

Antar made a strong point about friday the 13th. These guys are obsessed with numbers, and astro theology!
This is just another step into the darkness.

And people are just rolling over. They don't seem to mind. People as a whole have what they have comming to them.
The best we can do at this point is prepare for what is to come.
Its comming.. Best be ready when it does happen.

Thats all we can do anymore.. Its past the point of protesting, or speaking our minds.
Obama had the chance to prove himself. But he has proved to me atleast he is just a tool, a puppet. And he is as worthless as Bush ever was.
Infact Obama is much more dangerous to this country than Bush ever was to the USA.
You see Obama will still be praised, and people will pretend he had no hand in this.
Well is he not suppose to be the guy to step in and stop this kind of stuff from happening?
He was all talk, and now he is showing us all what he meant by change.

Im not the only one who is losing Hope..
So far he has done a really crappy job as president..
So far he is nothing but act as a shill and puppet for his masters...

[edit on 14-2-2009 by zysin5]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join