It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix ranked #2 in kidnappings IN THE WORLD (Mexican Drug Lords)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Phoenix Kidnappings

The former governor of Arizona is now the head of Homeland Security!
Makes me feel even more safe! They averaged 1 kidnapping a day there last year. Where the hell was McCain on this...it was his home state for cripes sake. Where was Obama on this..

WHERE IS HE NOW???

[edit on 13-2-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 13-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
He's getting his presidential buttwaxing David. didn't you know?

Seriously though, as a new Phoenix native this is pretty frightening stuff....although in Detroit they didn't kidnap you, they just took your car and shot you and smoked crack in your wheels until the gas ran out. I hope that other residents in the area are stocking up on firearms because pepperspray is not going to discourage these people when they come in throngs to take you away.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
More of the crap that comes with the illegal immigration.

Even though most of the kidnappings happen between drug cartels, the collateral damage is expensive and costs innocent lives.

What will happen if or when Mexico collapses? The refugee flood would be crazy all the drug wars will be following them. Major southwestern cities will be overwhelmed, especially with the budget crisis, and Los Angeles will look like Somalia.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

I was listening to the radio today and the police department is having trouble getting the funds to get rifles. These drug lords have automatic weapons. How can you expect law enforcement to protect it's citizens with pistols?

They need some help over there. This whole problem is a huge threat to this country. Something needs to be done.

But instead we'll wage war on the other side of the earth and ignore our problems across the border with Mexico.

Btw...good luck over there. I'd look over my shoulder every few minutes if I were you.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by mpriebe81

I was listening to the radio today and the police department is having trouble getting the funds to get rifles. These drug lords have automatic weapons. How can you expect law enforcement to protect it's citizens with pistols?

They need some help over there. This whole problem is a huge threat to this country. Something needs to be done.

But instead we'll wage war on the other side of the earth and ignore our problems across the border with Mexico.

Btw...good luck over there. I'd look over my shoulder every few minutes if I were you.

Trust me my friend, i'm constantly looking over my shoulder! The only thing that makes me feel even slightly safe is the fact that I can walk around the neighborhood with my glock stuck in my belt. Pretty sick isn't it? I can't believe that this city is literally building million dollar parks, meanwhile the law enforcement officials are only supplied with small caliber arms. I'm just grateful that my neighbor is a vietnam vet and has an arsenal of over 20 weapons, 10 of which are large caliber automatic weapons. If the SHTF over here i am going over to his place to play shoot the fish in the barrel brotha.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Another sad thing is when a border pratol agent shot a drug runner in the leg or butt.. cant remember. the drug runner got emunity, and the two agents got put in prison!

I also am from Phoenix, and like you I am happy to have my .45 with me!

James

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
mpriebe81 have you actually looked in the cab of most police cruisers? Most have ar15s (full auto is only for the movies and war) in there. If theyre not in the cab theyre in the trunk. DPS issues them to EVERY officer. Phoenix has them in about every other car and those that werent issued theirs own their own and have qualified to carry them on duty. Just cause you dont see them doesnt mean they arent there. Ever since the North Hollywood Shootout there have been a LOT more rifles on duty. Some that ive seen still opt to just carry the 870 shotty but to say they are patrolling the streets with just pistols is simply untrue.

As far as the kidnappings theyre RARELY if ever not drug/Illegal immigrant related. Could probably be why the media doesnt talk about them. Drug dealers being kidnapped by the drug cartels and held until the ransom/profits are paid back to the cartel. Illegals held until their families in Mexico fork over enough money to get their freedom paid.

Arizonans arent blind or dumb to the problems (well not all of us anyway) but until it spills into the streets and starts harming people that arent willingly placing themselves in danger (Dealers/Illegals/drug users) there wont be much said about whats being done.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smokinbbl
Another sad thing is when a border pratol agent shot a drug runner in the leg or butt.. cant remember. the drug runner got emunity, and the two agents got put in prison!

I also am from Phoenix, and like you I am happy to have my .45 with me!

James

They did go to prison but were recently just commuted. Sucks they went there but they have rules too

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

David Spade has helped the Phoenix police get some rifles.

Actor and one-time Phoenix resident David Spade has donated $100,000 to the Phoenix Police Department. Source

reply to post by Smokinbbl

Ramos and Compeon are their names. They were sentenced to 20 years for doing their job while the drug-runner received immunity for testifying against them. The drug-runner went on to get caught smuggling drugs and people at least twice more after they were sentenced.

Before leaving office Bush did not pardon them but he did commute their sentences.

But, we're all still just bigots for wanting some security at the border.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

There is another thread on this floating around on this forum...but anyway...

There is not much public outcry about this because of reporting, I guess.
Yes, we hear about them, and the occasional wrong residence is targeted by the bad guys,and innocents are then involved.
However, the officials do not know who the bad guys are until such an event happens.

I think because the perps are doing it to their "own", law enforcement is quite happy taking and responding to the reported kidnappings as they occur.

Also, I do not think it is just the drug aspect. A "coyote" may decide that he is on this side of the border, after making a run smuggling illegals into the country that he'll keep the fares for himself...usually, thousands of dollars. The coyotes will transport 8-20 people at $2500-5000 per head.

Those that accomplish the feat of getting cargo across the border, and to their destination are making a hell of a lot more dinero than your common everyday drug runner.

So, I suggest there are a couple of reasons possible for kidnappings...not only drugs, but human smuggling, as well.

top topics

join