It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Methods to Empower Yourself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Do you feel out of control or powerless?

What means do you use to empower yourself?

I have read countless threads on ATS and elsewhere about what is transpiring in the world and how bad the world is. I have myself posted threads about what is transpiring and the corruption around, but what do you do to empower yourself.

Sitting by the computer for to long get many people tense, worked up, and drains everything in them mentally and physically, leaving a tired, tense, and most likely run down immune system and body.

Can you change this state?

Answer: Yes, Absolutely.

I believe discipline is the key to empowering oneself?

Now what I mean by this is once you have found a way to center yourself, be it meditation, Yoga, Chi Gong, Tai Chi, Aerobics, etc.... ,continue your discipline to empower yourself. Try not to get distracted and give your power away so easily.

I have found that empowering oneself is very easy, yes easy. It takes about 2 hours a day. 15 minutes in the morning, 1 hour workout, 15 minutes at night and 30 minutes of meditation before bed. Most people laugh and say they don't have the time, but if I told you my schedule and responsibilities you would tell me 2 hours is impossible, but it's not. I become stronger everyday, in mind, spirit, and physical body.

I have found that life slows down, I am able to think clearly, make good decision in spite of the chaos around me, I have empowered myself.

Life has thrown me many curve balls but I refuse to lay down and let the stresses around me drain who I am. Every time I get kicked down, I jump right back up, dust myself off and continue on.

Many times in my life I allowed my physical state to rule me temporarily, but as soon as I realized I got a grip.

I had migraines for years, some so bad that I puked, could see straight and took medication, but i don't have any of that anymore.

Ask yourself this one question. What is in control of my life? My mind, My body or my higher self/ spirit? What I mean by all of this is do your physical pains dictate your existence and rule your mind and higher self/ spirit, or does your tortured mental state control your body and higher self/ spirit.

What should rule your world is the higher self/ spirit, this is the one that must be in control or the body and mind, so the body and mind must follow what the Higher self dictates. Think about what is in control right now.

I don't think it matters what medium you choose to empower and center yourself, but what is important is that you have the discipline to follow it through daily, without being distracted by the world. Allow the higher self to come through.

Ok, 2 hours impossible then 15 minutes in the morning of Yoga and 15 minutes before you sleep, I can assure you it will change your life completely, then you can add other things into your schedule. Your whole being will change for the better. Again it doesn't have to be Yoga, maybe Chi Gong, Tai Chi, but find a routine and stick with it.

The power I have found in myself is truly amazing, if any of you would like more information I will post some of the DVD's I use to walk me through Yoga. I do 3 days Yoga and 4 days Chi Gong, then alternate the next week. In 30 days I felt like a new being, calm, peaceful, and not as quick to get angry or overreact, in 60 days I felt like going to the gym and working out.

Your diet will change too. Your body will crave better foods.

Peace.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
there are many ways to empower yourself

you can simply type words of your ideas to us on the internet which empowers your ideas on a global scale

or you can act locally, and speak to people around you in your city

to empower yourself politically, you must first apply political pressure to your local legislative branch of government

when you apply political pressure to a legislative body to consider your concerns, you become empowered politically

a society in which you can apply political pressure towards your local government in which your concerns are addressed, is a free society

if they arrest you, well, you live in a despotism

so be warned, empowerment is a risky venture

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Education, and the ambition to put to practice what you've learned.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
I believe discipline is the key to empowering oneself?

Absolutely.

I have found that empowering oneself is very easy, yes easy. It takes about 2 hours a day. 15 minutes in the morning, 1 hour workout, 15 minutes at night and 30 minutes of meditation before bed.

"As above, so below" I'm continually surprised at how physical exercise and yoga so positively affect the mind.

Life has thrown me many curve balls but I refuse to lay down and let the stresses around me drain who I am. Every time I get kicked down, I jump right back up, dust myself off and continue on.

That's the absolute minimum you should do, otherwise you are dying. If you aren't moving forward and improving, you are dying. There is no in between. It takes effort and just get used to the fact that it will never end... ever.

Ask yourself this one question. What is in control of my life? My mind, My body or my higher self/ spirit? What I mean by all of this is do your physical pains dictate your existence and rule your mind and higher self/ spirit, or does your tortured mental state control your body and higher self/ spirit.

What should rule your world is the higher self/ spirit, this is the one that must be in control or the body and mind, so the body and mind must follow what the Higher self dictates. Think about what is in control right now.

I don't think it matters what medium you choose to empower and center yourself, but what is important is that you have the discipline to follow it through daily, without being distracted by the world. Allow the higher self to come through.

Ok, 2 hours impossible then 15 minutes in the morning of Yoga and 15 minutes before you sleep, I can assure you it will change your life completely, then you can add other things into your schedule. Your whole being will change for the better. Again it doesn't have to be Yoga, maybe Chi Gong, Tai Chi, but find a routine and stick with it.

The power I have found in myself is truly amazing, if any of you would like more information I will post some of the DVD's I use to walk me through Yoga. I do 3 days Yoga and 4 days Chi Gong, then alternate the next week. In 30 days I felt like a new being, calm, peaceful, and not as quick to get angry or overreact, in 60 days I felt like going to the gym and working out.

Your diet will change too. Your body will crave better foods.

Peace.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Realtruth]

You speak the simple truth. The only thing that is required is a strong will, which, by the way, awareness/yoga/exercise actually strengthens. Sometimes it takes life kicking you in the a$$ before you get moving into action. I say, do not to temp fate too much or else that kick might take your life away.

So, I am empowered by working 100% at overcoming my limits, followed by deep rest and meditation for recuperation. The result is growth and strength in body and mind... which I must say, actually makes myself look better and I can look confidently at myself in the mirror with calm satisfaction.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSingularity

Sounds like you have the found the key to empowering yourself in this roller coaster we call life.

Keep up the good work.

new topics

top topics

join