It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube vid: RON PAUL: WHAT IF... The American People Learn Truth!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+104 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This is a great youtube vid of Ron Paul on the floor of the house yesterday.

Great questions - all What IFs?

He really gets down and dirty: Love the part of - if the American people knew all wars were based on lies and only served the special interest groups!

Some of his comments:

"I have a few questions for my colleagues:
What if our foreign policy of the past century is deeply flawed and has not served our national security interests?
What if we wake up one day and realize that the terrorist threat is a predictable consequence of meddling in the affairs of others and has nothing to do with us being free and prosperous?
What if propping up repressive regimes in the middle east endangers both the United States and Israel?
What if occupying countries like Iraq and Afghanistan and bombing Pakistan is directly related to the hatred directed towards us?
What if someday it dawns on us that losing over 5,000 American military personal in the middle east since 9/11 is not a fair trade off for the loss of nearly 3,000 American citizens no matter how many Iraqi, Pakistani and Afghan people are killed or displaced?
What if we finally decide that torture even if called "enhanced interrogation technique" is self destructive and produces no useful information and that contracting it out to a third world nation is just as evil?...........

[edit on 13-2-2009 by questioningall]

[edit on 13-2-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
all i can really say is "WOW!" This man will always have my boundless respect and admiration for saying the truth, no matter the consequences. That's quite alot of truth jammed into under 4 minutes, great speech! Unfortunately i doubt if this will change one single thing.

S&F

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Ron Paul, I feel, really put himself out there with this one...

Star and Flag, because everybody needs to see this.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged! Once again, Dr. Paul has the guts to get up to the microphone in Congress and speak the truth. This man truly could have prevented the crisis we are in, if he had been President for the last 8 years.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have little respect for a man such as Ron Paul because he seems to talk a lot but don't do much.

He has a chance to be the president because he has record breaking endorsement but he doesn't step up and Obama beats him hands down on campaign discipline.

He's turtling in republican party which is in essence a divisive move, instead of trying to embrace america and ran as an independent. Running as an independent doesn't mean he would be betraying his value but he's adamant to run as a republican. It creates an impression that either it's his way or the highway.

He'll always be a food critique and not a chef because he never step up. To be a critic is easy, to be a leader is hard. Instead of just sitting pretty inside republican party as a victim he should show leadership. He has no excuse.

He has that whining, I'm a victim, they (america or the republican) don't give me a chance mentality that I just don't like. The US need a good singer, not just someone who knows a good song.

[edit on Fri, 13 Feb 09 by Jazzyguy]

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
I have little respect for a man such as Ron Paul because he seems to talk a lot but don't do much.

He has a chance to be the president because he has record breaking endorsement but he doesn't step up and Obama beats him hands down on campaign discipline.

He's turtling in republican party which is in essence a divisive move, instead of trying to embrace america and ran as an independent. Running as an independent doesn't mean he would be betraying his value but he's adamant to run as a republican. It creates an impression that either it's his way or the highway.

He'll always be a food critique and not a chef because he never step up. To be a critic is easy, to be a leader is hard. Instead of just sitting pretty inside republican party as a victim he should show leadership. He has no excuse.

He has that whining, I'm a victim, they (america or the republican) don't give me a chance mentality that I just don't like. The US need a good singer, not just someone who knows a good song.

sitting pretty as a victim? i don't think you really know what you're talking about man. the guy held rallies, toured the country, tried to get the support of the people...the only reason that i THINK that he ran on the repub ticket is because anyone independent is the victim of character assasination almost immediately. i followed this mans progress throughout the elections, he was surely doing what he could do to capture our hearts and our votes.

He is a staunch ally of the Average American, he is an economist first who forecasted all of the things that are happening now way before they happened, and you need to do some serious research before you go judging him.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by mpriebe81]

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

WOW, Okay, let me just ask you a few questions.....then I will answer them for you..

First... Does ANY other govt. offical get up and ASK the kind of questions Ron Paul does? ---NO

Second .... Does ANY other govt. offical say the TRUTH as Ron Paul does? .... NO

Third... Is Ron Paul bought and sold by Special Interest groups?....NO

Look I could keep going and going... Ron Paul is a ONE OF A KIND POLITICAN!!

I am VERY HAPPY his constituants continue ELECTING HIM IN OFFICE!!

I will always hope they will CONTINUE to do so.....

One thing we are missing in Washington D.C. - TRUTH - One thing Ron Paul gives us - TRUTH!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Running as an independent doesn't mean he would be betraying his value but he's adamant to run as a republican.

No third party has ever won an election. He would have had no chance without being on the Republican ticket. I think many of us know that. In a perfect world there would be no parties. Unfortunately we need just 2 so we can have people screaming at each other over nothing. The third party just confuses everyone. You can tell by reading the posts throughout the political forums that people are still stuck in "attack the other party" mode...but yet justifying their own.

If RP ran as an independent it probably guaranteed Democrat victory, but what does that matter they won anyway.

Republicans sucked the big one for 6-8 years. Democrats get a chance and they are completely dorking up the whole thing. It's actually gotten worse and i was really relying on some type of fiscal responsibility from these guys.

Now I wonder what the hell I was thinking

[edit on 13-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81the only reason that i THINK that he ran on the repub ticket is because anyone independent is the victim of character assasination almost immediately.

See, you use that victim word already, that doesn't show leadership does it?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Running as an independent doesn't mean he would be betraying his value but he's adamant to run as a republican.

No third party has ever won an election. He would have had no chance without being on the Republican ticket. I think many of us know that. In a perfect world there would be no parties. Unfortunately we need just 2 so we can have people screaming at each other over nothing. The third party just confuses everyone. You can tell by reading the posts throughout the political forums that people are still stuck in "attack the other party" mode...but yet justifying their own.

If RP ran as an independent it probably guaranteed Democrat victory, but what does that matter they won anyway.

Republicans sucked the big one for 6-8 years. Democrats get a chance and they are completely dorking up the whole thing. It's actually gotten worse and i was really relying on some type of fiscal responsibility from these guys.

Now I wonder what the hell I was thinking

[edit on 13-2-2009 by David9176]

Agreed David!!!! Dorking it up is putting it mildly lol, i'm sure we can all agree on that. Questioningall, don't forget about Dennis Kucinich. I think that that man truly cares and wants to change things for the better as well, albeit a different approach from Mr. Pauls....They are both rare indeed!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81the only reason that i THINK that he ran on the repub ticket is because anyone independent is the victim of character assasination almost immediately.

See, you use that victim word already, that doesn't show leadership does it?

C'mon Ironman, you're just pulling the classic Troll lingo now. You can come up with something better at least, can't you?

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

He's turtling in republican party which is in essence a divisive move, instead of trying to embrace america and ran as an independent. Running as an independent doesn't mean he would be betraying his value but he's adamant to run as a republican. It creates an impression that either it's his way or the highway. He'll always be a food critique and not a chef because he never step up. To be a critic is easy, to be a leader is hard. Instead of just sitting pretty inside republican party as a victim he should show leadership. He has no excuse. He has that whining, I'm a victim, they (america or the republican) don't give me a chance mentality that I just don't like.

You're wrong on all points. First of all, Dr. Paul is probably the only REAL Republican in Congress. Why should he leave. It is the rest of the members that have betrayed the Republican Party, not him.

Running as an independent is impossible, in a Presidential election. Every state has different rules as to how a third party gets on the ballot. Many states make it virtually impossible for third party candidates to make the ballot.

In addition, the MSM refuses to allow third party candidates on the TV debates. That in itself is the death knell for independent candidates.

Finally, he does NOT claim that he has not had a chance, although I wouldn't blame him if he had.

You OBVIOUSLY have NO IDEA of how the American Electoral system is rigged against anyone that tries to run as an independent. This has been outlined in numerous threads here.

Dr. Paul is one of the few true American Patriots in Congress. You should not treat him with disrespect.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

You have to know the first thing about politicians. They all know how to speak pretty words (and yes the truth), they just don't do it as often as Obama or Ron Paul does.

Don't judge a man by his word, judge by what he his actions. Words are cheap.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

You are right we have Ron Paul for the Repubs

And Dennis Kucinich for the Demos

But Ron Paul is even more out spoken then Dennis

LOVED THE DEMOCRAT CONVENTION THOUGH:

WAKE UP AMERICA!!

Man that was AWESOME!!! LOVED IT

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

He has that whining, I'm a victim, they (america or the republican) don't give me a chance mentality that I just don't like.

Lol. Oh so I guess you like the other option. You know, the "promise the world rhetoric" that we get from most every other politician which usually turns into lies and theft.

What are u expecting the guy to do anyway? He votes against nearly every spending bill and anything that goes against the constitution.

Ron Paul is the definition of "Conservative" if there is one.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
You OBVIOUSLY have NO IDEA of how the American Electoral system is rigged against anyone that tries to run as an independent. This has been outlined in numerous threads here.

Great point Prof! I didn't even think to mention the qualifications for each state, not to mention the amount of capital it would take to fund such a venture. This is the reason we will likely never see an independent run in our lifetime unless they have a gazillion dollars like Ross Perot.

For sure questioningall, Dennis has really put it all out there at times too! I could just kiss both of these guys, except i'm straight lol.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by mpriebe81]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

reply to post by questioningall

You have to know the first thing about politicians. They all know how to speak pretty words (and yes the truth), they just don't do it as often as Obama or Ron Paul does.

Don't judge a man by his word, judge by what he his actions. Words are cheap.

YEAH THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!!

Their deeds!!

Their words are CHEAP INCLUDING THEIR PROMISES!!

But I have calmed down finally - I am not going to get started again!!

Look at their DEEDS today!!!!!! No words need to be SPOKEN - all shown

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Everyone I'm sorry if I can keep up with barrage of replies.

Originally posted by David9176

No third party has ever won an election. He would have had no chance without being on the Republican ticket.

But I'll say STOP IT with the I can't do, I wasn't give a chance mentality. You won't bring any changes that way.

He and Obama is actually very similar, Obama is offering change, Paul is offering truth but they're both politicians nevertheless, they have the talent to utter those words. But only when Obama or Paul actually bring any good changes to America then I'll judge them as good man. Just I have stated, words are cheap.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I Have to Give Him Credit, in all His Years of Service He's ALWAYS Stuck to His Gun's, Speaking of what He Believes in.

I liked some of His Past Comments, especially concerning the Bailout Bill, where He Said, No they didn't Call or Consult with me, for the Main Simple Fact, they KNEW I wouldn't Support Something like this.

I Do Believe he Raises Valid Points about Sticking our Noses in Other Peoples Business, and then Wondering Why they're Pissed and Attack Us.

I was Saddened when He Pulled Out of the Race, People just Don't take Him Seriously and Believe He's just a Rambling Old Man. On Occasion I have seen a Rep or Two Pass their Time to Him.

If He would of run as a Independent/Libertarian, it probley would of went the same way, MSM gives no Airtime/Respect to Anyone Other than Rep/Dem two Party System.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

[edit on Fri, 13 Feb 09 by Jazzyguy]

In my opinion Ron Paul is one of the most respectable people in politics today. I have to ask have you done more to spread the word than Mr. Paul has or is he a more respectable person than yourself based on that criteria alone?

If he is not worthy of your respect then who in washington do you respect, I'd like your insight on that. Not trying to be a jerk just interested in your view on this.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by TooManyHumans]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join