It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment rate of change accellerating - US fastest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
www.rgemonitor.com...

Click the red text 'External Image' links for large images.

Rate of change of unemployment in G7 countries.

Another chart - GDP growth of G7 countries

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Dbriefed]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is going to hurt the market. What we're seeing here is the true unemployment in this country. These numbers include companies that are likely to announce lay-offs, and if there's that many companies out there that our unemployment rate of change has shot up so high, it means that we are, indeed, in for a major economic catastrophe.

Government meddling is just prolonging the inevitable, and making it worse. And now they're passing a bill that none save the writers have read. And this scares me, because this is the real Economic Patriot Act.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Funny that other countries are doing protests right now and their unemployment rate is lower?

How is that possible?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Sorry, the small graphs are hard to see. I added a comment to click the red text for the larger graphs.

The first unemployment chart shows the rate of change, how dramatically unemployment is increasing rather than the rate itself.

This trend shows how bad it's going to be, since to stay at 7.6% unemployment the rate would need to stay at 0%.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Dbriefed]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
We have a better propaganda machine and another popular liar in the White House. All this made possible by the same stupidity of the American people that put George W. Bush in office.

Before this is even over people will be suffering buyers remorse.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

I see my mistake. So really it just shows that we are deteriorating more quickly than everyone else.

Nice.

But then again, after the garbage that happened today, sometimes I almost wish we would tank just so we could start real change.

I just wish things were different. None of us asked for this.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Before this is even over people will be suffering buyers remorse.

I think some are now. Not many...but some are seeing it for what it really is.

What happened today in Congress should open some more eyes.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
My girl friend is one of them. She voted for Obama, she wanted to give him a chance, and now it is becoming really apparent that Obama is just a liberal Bush.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

At least your woman pays attention to what is going on. Mine could care less. As long as American Idol and Grey's Anatomy are still on tv, she wouldn't notice if the world was on fire....nor care.

Some just don't want to worry about it until it happens. Unfortunately those will be the ones who will be the least prepared when the SHTF.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I hear ya. That's my brothers wife. He can't do a whole lot because he's at war right now, but as it stands, she is just a boxed up idiot when it comes to world events. She doesn't want to have to care.

And maybe these people do care, but it scares the hell out of them, probably more so than it scares those of us who stay informed.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
My girl friend is one of them. She voted for Obama, she wanted to give him a chance, and now it is becoming really apparent that Obama is just a liberal Bush.

I thought Bush was liberal.

Obama is just a darker shade of Bush, hell they both stutter and stammer when asked a question of substance.

Anyways the economy is in a downward spiral. A credit based economy that has no credit cannot fix itself and a government that uses a debt based monetary system can't fix the economy either.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well thanks to wall street I might be loosing my job in the future. I work in the oil field and the work just hit a brick wall about a month ago or at the beginning of the new year. They have very few rigs drilling right now. The pipe lay operations have shut down. The majority of the vessels are parked at the dock right now. I saw 30 plus oil tankers sitting outside galveston the other day and pretty much everyone of them was full. So I don't think this is going to get better. As a matter of fact if anyone believes this stimulis bull # is going to work well they are just plain stupid. I am a piece of offshore trash and I even know the real problem is a currency problem.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Sometimes I can get her to listen to me, but she says I depress her too much..heh.

And she's right it's depressing as hell. I don't bother her on it too much now. I'd like to think myself knowing is good enough for both of us.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Sometimes I can get her to listen to me, but she says I depress her too much..heh.

And she's right it's depressing as hell. I don't bother her on it too much now. I'd like to think myself knowing is good enough for both of us.

Dang this sounds like my fiance

She is scared for the economy but we are awfully lucky that she is a nurse and therefore she will have a job up to the day the entire economic system goes Kaboom.

Although I am not faring too well now, luckily I funded her schooling during the good times and it is turning out to be an awesome investment.

new topics

top topics

join