It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banks have found a way to stick us AGAIN - This time it's PERSONAL!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I think what charlie0 is saying is that He has no Credit record.

You know you need to have a credit card or do something to record your credit.

When you go to get a loan they look at your credit rating.

Well I think charlie is saying that he bought many things with cash. So their isn't a credit record on him.

So when he goes for loans or car insurance they see him as a investment risk.

Cause they check for your credit report to see the record of what you bought and paid for.

That is what they use to make sure your credit is good and that you can pay them.

So his situation is that his auto insurance give him high price because they can't find a credit record on his since he never used a credit card. He used cash on most of his purchases and he used a debit card.

So that means his credit is recorded by the banks yet since he doesn't have a credit card.

He dosen't get a public credit record or a credit report.

So he was asking if there is a way around this??

cause insurance companies check your credit report when you are a new customer and interested in going with them.

I hope I clarified what he was asking.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I've got no sympathy for those who whine about their banks. Your part of the problem not the solution and the solution is easy. Withdraw your money and take your business elsewhere, preferably to a bank that isn't run by greedy parasites.
You can also cut up your credit card, as you shouldn't be spending money you don't have.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by kindred]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm an ex emloyee of Citigroup. They will jack your rate up to 32%. A very depressing job to have to tell a sweet old lady who has to use the card for presriptions that her APR cannot be lower.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I can't find a bank that isn't greedy lol. Also taking all your money out and stuffing it under your mattress can get you in trouble with the government. Don't you just love how you're not free to do as you like with your money? The fact that banks refused to pay out in recent bad times disgusts me. What right does a bank have to keep my money? My hard earned money.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
What you may also find happening as a result of these banks using predatory and downright CRIMINAL lending practices is that they no longer have the money to cover the credit they issue and they are reducing your limits WHILE they raise your rates...

What this equates to for you and I is a lower credit rating, even if we don't miss a single payment...

The entire system is a sham at this point, folks. It is time to get worried.

This just happened to me. Lowered enough that the next interest charge will probably put me over the limit so they can hit me with that charge and then jack the rate.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker

This just happened to me. Lowered enough that the next interest charge will probably put me over the limit so they can hit me with that charge and then jack the rate.

I would suggest you call the company and talk to them, it can sometimes fix things. If it doesn't then get some free legal advice. In the UK we have the citizens advice bureau. They are lovely people who help a great deal and have your best interests at heart. They also have clout with the banks who tend to back off once you get them involved and they can negotiate settlements.

I hope there is a US version of this.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I sincerely hope they raise it to 250% for all of you. And I hope they do it sneaky too. In fact, I hope they put you all in so much debt you can't even see straight. Viva la credit cards! Viva la banks!

And while we're at it, I hope banks find additional ways to bankrupt each and every one of you with bank and credit card accounts. Yup, harsh words. To fricken bad. If you can't get off your ass to go down to the post office and get a money order to pay your bills in light of what credit card companies and banks are doing to this economy, then you deserve what you get. Eat it, sukkas! HAHAHAHAHA. I love it.

Keep feeding the fraud, fools. And pay. Pay pay pay. But quit your bitching. You are perpetuating it yourselves. It won't stop until all of you withdraw from the system and start using cash and money orders. End of story.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The rockefeller and rothchild types have been running this country for decades. It's just now they are ripping us off blatantly! Duh!
They are doing this against the will of the people. If it is not obvious to you, you may be actually helping these bastards(oooh, can I use that harsh of language or is our right to free speech now toast too?) Give it time, the end of free speech has already started! A year or two is all we have. Enjoy it while you can. The downfall has begun.
Ironic, the people that believe their gubment is helping them, are actually helping it succeed in ripping the country apart! Good job Americants! Keep fighting over a couple million, while the banks rip you off HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS! Either it's all planned or we're just real stupid. Or both. Pick your poison(kool aid), STFU and drink it like your told.

Trueamerican! I'm with ya. I like the way you put it better! Why be nice and so post is edited accordingly! People will not admit they let this all happen by blaming it on the people trying to help and prepetuating the very system they bitch about. Incredible but predictable.
Lets also be sure and diss on the president! You remember what bush baby told us don't you? You're either with us or the terrorists, well which is it?
I guess I should of waited to see your post before I posted mine!
Guess we're both saying congratulations!

Heres a fun little video that explains it all nicely!!
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Great post! this is all part of what's to come.

Check out the gerry celente thread on the ATS what's hot page.

Celente future forecasts, and 30% interest on credit is a sure sign the

damn has busted and the water is pouring out - lets hope its not blood on the streets

next!
Celente on Youtube

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

that is undeniably true.

BUT lets stay with a frugal course, and not devolve into MAd MAxville.

Your posts sounds like you have shotguns, gold, and food ready.

(Hey wait a minute, so do I!)

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I sincerely hope they raise it to 250% for all of you. And I hope they do it sneaky too. In fact, I hope they put you all in so much debt you can't even see straight. Viva la credit cards! Viva la banks!

And while we're at it, I hope banks find additional ways to bankrupt each and every one of you with bank and credit card accounts. Yup, harsh words. To fricken bad. If you can't get off your ass to go down to the post office and get a money order to pay your bills in light of what credit card companies and banks are doing to this economy, then you deserve what you get. Eat it, sukkas! HAHAHAHAHA. I love it.

Keep feeding the fraud, fools. And pay. Pay pay pay. But quit your bitching. You are perpetuating it yourselves. It won't stop until all of you withdraw from the system and start using cash and money orders. End of story.

While that may be the way you choose to live you life it is not mine. I choose to own a house (which I can tell you do not because you don't have a credit rating if you don't have credit) because I choose to HAVE something to leave to my kids. It will be paid for and they will benefit from it even if only as a place to lay their heads under a roof. Also, how much do you pay for the priviledge of "going down to the post office and getting a money order to pay your bills"? When I pay MY bills, I do so over the internet directly from my FREE checking account. It is FREE for me to pay MY bills. So who's the SUKKA now????

[edit on 14/2/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Capital One is doing the same thing. I, a customer who has never missed a payment and almost always pays down my entire balance at the end of the month, am having my rates incresed to 24% or something ridiculous. But after researching it, there's a LOT of people out there getting screwed bad like the OP (6% jacked up to 29%). I guess the guys over at Capital One figured the 3.55 billion dollars they got from TARP will be a nice cushion to live on for awhile while they bend their good, loyal customers over and rape them for all they're worth.

Luckily, I don't have much of a balance on that card so the high interest rate doesn't affect me right now, but I know there are a lot of people who are already hurting who are getting screwed over by this. And although the knee-jerk reaction would be to cancel your card immediately from spite, from what I understand, if you've had the credit card for a long time and you've always paid it on time, it's more beneficial to your credit rating to just leave the account open with a 0 balance, since part of your credit score comes from how long you've had an account in good standing with a credit company.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

This, sir, is awesome.

If and when I become a superhero, will you be my arch-nemesis? You make a great super-villain. I think you need to work on your laugh, though. "HAHAHAHA," is a little bland, honestly. You could try, "NYAHAHAHA!" That's a pretty common sort of villain laugh. You could also try, "WUAHAHAHAHA," but it really takes a certain sort of person to pull that kind of laugh off. So work on your villain-laugh, and then we'll talk.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I really like your post IAMONLYHUMAN - much more eloquent than mine.

It is about giving our kids something at the end of our lives, like my parents

tried to give to me (but had little to give).

Again, its sad we lose perspective so quickly.

A few (million) people took way too many risks with too little money

and now it looks like all the money in the world won't pay for it.

The correct response would be to readjust all prices - ALL prices. Currency

re evaluate, heck even a 'modified Gold/Silver' standard to take the air

out of that precious metal speculative balloon before it gets too big and

turns us into tribes who have gold and those who don't.

Just an example pertinent to my life: if the mildly dishonest executive who

administered my medical school had not charged $30k/yr (back in 89), i would

not have to charge so much for what i do just to pay off loans and buy a house

at the same time! Now think of all the college students in 2009 who pay $50k

a year for a degree that WONT get them a job. This is unsustainable as of today!

REPRICE AND REVALUE ACROSS THE BOARD and suddenly your house isn't worth

less than your mortgage, its as valuable, but the numbers are smaller.

I guess my idea for this revaluation came from a spongebob cartoon (stay with me

on this): Sponge bob shrinks so many people in Bikini Bottom town with the shrink

ray they are chasing him at the end vigilante mob style. Well, he shrinks the whole

town down to their size and saves the day.

Oversimplistic? Substitute shrinking size for a shrinking economy.

The reason we AREN't out of the original subprime crack yet should be OBVIOUS:

the (ultra) wealthy individuals/ hedge funds/ pension plans that hold these investments

are REFUSING to negotiate on them, as its "their money to lose." Some patriotism

or responsibility there - NOT! Clearly, they would sink the world to make a cent.

Peace out, now I'm just ranting. But it was a fun rant.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican
reply to post by dodadoom

Before you both get too self righteous remember that you too have benefited from the society we live in. Don't assume that all people who live IN this society are OF this society. It is true there is alot of BS and it is also true that things are not as they seem to most people, but your wishing harm to others does not help. It makes you come across as a lunatic and certainly does not help further your cause. I know what you are saying and others could benefit but they won't if you're judgmental.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hey look. I am not afraid to tell it like it is. And my laugh has absolutely nothing to do with this. The whole concept of credit and loans has been shoved down the public mindset for centuries as a good thing. Well, it's not a good thing. And I will argue that until the cows come home. I had an 810 credit score at one point in my life until I lost my job indirectly due to 9/11 which crashed my industry. I had a house, and they foreclosed. I had Porsches, nice things and all that. But I was living a lie. And so are you.

With all my subsequent research on 9/11, the federal reserve, banks and all that, I finally saw the light. I withdrew from the system, and moved nice and close to a post office. Problem solved. If you cannot afford a house, car, or anything else, and pay for it cash then you have no business being in one. Period. That's the truth. You just want to keep living beyond your means, and will make any excuse to do so. I did it too for most of my life. But now I can feel better than any of you because I do not feed the beast any more, or at least as little as possible.

Your selfish ways and keeping up with the Jones has ruined this country. And it's high time it stopped! Face it, or be robbed legally. That simple.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I didn't read the whole thread before I replied, so I apologize if someone has stated this already.

If you want to make a statement to the too big to fail banks, move your credit card to a local privately owned credit union. If you have good credit, you will be pleasantly surprised at the interest rate you will get. You will also be investing in your local community instead of some corporate jerks elsewhere.

Stop handing over your money to these large corporations who couldn't care less about you.

ALWAYS invest in your local community. If everyone did this, the world would be a different place.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I take that into consideration. I love whats left of my country very much. I am glad you didn't go there. I am sorry my disgust shows so bad, maybe it IS because I love it so much, I can't stand to see it used for a vegas style mob machine. It is all put out in a tongue and cheek style and I hope it is realized for cryin' out loud! We obviously can't do any thing about it, we've tried, but we can shut up and try to help the ones who are trying to do something instead of bitching, so ya I'm one of the bitchers too! Busted. I'm here drawing attention to the facts. But if a little bit of bitching constructively will help convince others, then so be it! Thank you for your posts! And thank ATS for letting us!

P.S. My house and truck are paid for by working hard, saving, THEN starting small and building from there. You don't start out in a friggin mansion!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
They fill the banks with their bail outs and did nothing for common people.

The situation worsen, they did more bail out, and did nothing for common people.

The situation will get worse, there will be more bail out,
because they don' t do nothing for common people.

If they had help common people at the first place, bad mortgages would have been good ones, Cardholders would have been good customers. Banks wouldn't had not much bad assets, stores wouldn't have close, shop and plants either, since economy would have restarted.

They helped their friends a first sight, but neglect to adress the root of the problem, I mean the people and frankly they don't care.

Change......Spare change someone ?????.......you'll end up with Loose change !!!!

Geithner is Bildeberg, so is Bernanke, so is Greenspan so is Rockefeller.

We should all, I MEAN ALL, get these application for credit cards, no matter if interrest rates is 250%.

Then, we load them, and bust these cards. A right away go to chapter 11.

If 20 millions individual fill for chapter 11. Their will not enough lawyer and court to deal with the all ''shaeban'.

They send you letter, you reply: chapter 11 in process....or send them IOU's from California

They Bust........

Your credit will be bad, like theirs, and like or not, if credit card are not a good thing, you will learn to live without them.

Free yourself, sink them !!!!!!!!

Forget Suze Orman crying over your personnal finance, Get more of Kevin Trudeau.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is a common game they play, it's not new. Call them up and tell them that you want 5% interest immediately or you'll take your business elsewhere (such as a credit union). Do not negotiate, do not compromise, TELL them what you want. And tell them if they can't do that then you will have no choice but to transfer your balance to another credit card. Don't back down.

This is some of the kind of stuff that happens when you get rid of usery laws that protect the public. Isn't de-regulation in all it's many forms just a blast?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join