It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Appears Then Disappears

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

To their astonishment was a typical saucer shaped UFO.
It was mind blowing. It seemed to just drift over a hill and stop.

What do you think guys is this dude a hoaxer
or is he telling the truth? This is recent,
February 13, 2009.
Link

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Superslovak thanks. That is one of the best photos I have seen. Star for you and I agree with all the cell phone cameras out there now its just beginning to reveal what is really going on throughout the world today.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hey Super...

I'm with you on the subject, but this seems fake to me...

Why are there lines or ripples around the object..?

And why does the thing float thru the sky at an angle, as opposed to a 'level' flight path..? Almost as if it was thrown..?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

I have to agree with Chapter on this one.

The lines (on the picture just right around the object) give me an impression of some edit work done. One of the beautiful things about the newer cell-phones is that bluetooth has been added to many of them. It could be the case that two pictures were added together to make the image.

Now, I won't be a complete nay-sayer though. Having taken many pictures on my phone in the past, sometimes due to moisture or poor capture quality lines do appear.

Hopefully someone with a more expert eye can prove me wrong and help prove this is in fact a case of some type of UFO! Kudos to the OP!

Edit: I meant to add in with the bluetooth feature that you can send files from phone to the computer allowing the photo editing

[edit on 2/13/2009 by Sliadon]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

If you notice the same distortion around the object is found in numerous ufo photos. Thats what makes me believe the photos and story are probably real. If a hoax the hoaxer would more than likely make sure it was level.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Im no expert but this does look fake the object isnt very high but high enough to be be thrown

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harry55

If you notice the same distortion around the object is found in numerous ufo photos. Thats what makes me believe the photos and story are probably real. If a hoax the hoaxer would more than likely make sure it was level.

I have noticed the same distortion around many photos that were proven to be a hoax, so that doesn't work...yes, it could be some cloaking device - but if that is the case, they should repair it 'cause they were still caught on camera...

As for a hoaxer 'ensuring' the object is level, I don't buy that either...I see it 180 from that - most hoaxers have limited resources - so they do the best they can with what they got...

Neither of us truly know, so I appreciate the discussion...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Hey same here. Thats what I love about ATS we each get to at least say what we think.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Those photos are great, especially if they're real.
Regarding the distortion round the object, this appears in many pictures, not just on ufos. Save this picture to your computer then zoom in on a bird... it has the same effect around it.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

That is a good comparison IMO...

Well, that may take one debunk off the list...now, how about the angle..?

And please don't use birds again - that would be cheating...

mmgrraa tide!

[edit on 2/13/2009 by chapter29]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Thats 100% photoshopped.
You can even see the perfectly symmetrical square around it where its been cut and pasted.
Its not even a good photoshop job.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The problem in these too modern high tech infested days is there is no way to determine one way or another if it is real, or if it is fake; it wouldn't matter if the POTUS and the Pope both took photos of the same object at the same time with different cameras somebody is automatically going to say it's fake or hoax or too clear or too fuzzy;

so what is the point? I daresay there is virtually no way to have a 100% fool proof way of providing a picture of an unknown craft and not having someone raise doubts or question it; unless you yourself take the photo, but then you will still have the same to deal with.

just my 2 cents worth

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Mybe it's bouncing off another invisible ufo?

It would seem that it is indeed at a very suspicious angle, akin to when you throw a frisbee. It also looks much like the old lightshade trick.
The photo must have been cropped because if not it is framed too perfectly.
Looks like a fake I reckon.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

I could not have said it better. Because of this how many pictures are out there we will never see because of possible ridicule. But still Super thanks for sharing I like this one.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Thank you for that example! Although it doesn't prove this case to be real it does show a counter to my objection about the distorting on a 3rd party picture.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29
Hey Super...

I'm with you on the subject, but this seems fake to me...

Why are there lines or ripples around the object..?

And why does the thing float thru the sky at an angle, as opposed to a 'level' flight path..? Almost as if it was thrown..?

The object could have been a frisbee thrown... BUT, the wavy lines are normal. It's a JPEG artifact.

www.stat.columbia.edu...

-rrr

[edit on 14-2-2009 by rickyrrr]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BorgHoffen
Thats 100% photoshopped.
You can even see the perfectly symmetrical square around it where its been cut and pasted.
Its not even a good photoshop job.

the square is JPEG blocking. It's been covered in the thread already. If it is a fake (IF) it is a small toy or frisbee, not a photoshopped object.

www.signalsguru.net...

-rrr

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BorgHoffen

It does look like it's been pasted in doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

Here is the zoom of those birds with blocking outlined

[edit on 14-2-2009 by rickyrrr]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If you save the pic and open it in "notepad", the first line reads:

ÿØÿà JFIF  d d ÿì Ducky    ÿî Adobe dÀ ÿÛ „   

"Adobe" is the givaway. (photoshop).

The fact that the article linked to also says "FAKE" is the other givaway.

[edit on 14/2/2009 by nerbot]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join