It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Stimulus Package for the People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
There needs to be a real stimulus package for the People of the United States of America, instead of giving Big Business the money to piss away.

If the government of the USA wanted to really stimulate the economy, then they should have spread the stimulus money out to all of the Tax Paying people of the USA.

If the USA would have taken the Stimulus money from saving the big car makers and the banks and the now new stimulus package and put it all into one nice neat package for the tax paying consumers the USA would not be in trouble any more.

That was approximately 2.5 trillion dollars of money flushed down the drain givng it to the auto makers and banks and now new federal jobs and want not junk.

If that 2.5 trillion dollars would have been divided up amoungst 250 million tax payers, then each tax payer would have gotten back $10,000 each, and a married couple would have gotten back $20,000.

Now a lot of those people would have put the money in the banks instantly before spending it. That would have bailed out the banks without the banks actually getting anything.

Another large percentage would have gone out and bought new vehicles and that would have bailed out the auto industry.

The rest would have been spent on all kinds of other things that would be needed, and now the USA ecomomy would be running smoother and things would look a lot brighter.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I disagree. All of these "Stimulus" packages are just driving us further into debt and increasing inflation, it doens't matter who gets the money.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I disagree. If the people got all that billions, that money would be used in extras and help put some back on track with their mortgage payments and kept their homes, which in turn would have helped the banks, the real estate market, the credit market, as well as the consumer markets.

Obviously right now, giving all that money to the already fat cat wealthy CEO's and businesses did not help anyone except make those fat cat wealthy CEO's even more rich, while the people out here, who are already broke and counting pennies if that, have to pay for those billion bailout monies.

Its better to have a little bit of inflation than it is to have a deflated economy and deflated job market.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
I disagree. All of these "Stimulus" packages are just driving us further into debt and increasing inflation, it doens't matter who gets the money.

I'm quick to agree with you asmeone, but I must admit I am rather ignorant of how the 'stimulus' actually works. Where does the money come from? If we are just throwing money out there it seems logical that it is only putting us further into debt even if it increases spending by the populace. Basically a bandaid for a slashed jugular imo.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I can fix the economy for nothing totally free

1 Put the conspirators that created this mess in jail
2write some laws to keep them from being able to do this again
3separate and break Banks monopoly's
4do away with corporate personhood

problem solved

I don't trust ,banks ,Wallstreet investment firms ,credit card companies,
or any business that I have to contract to do business with ,and I won't until measures are taken to protect me,an individual,from them and their fraud ,usury,and corruption

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Agreed! I heard some simple breakdown of the bill on NPR that the bill, with interest will cost every single American, man, woman, and child $9,911 after all is said and done.

You know what, Mr. Obama. You can shove this 13 dollars a week up your ass for the next year while I refuse to pay a red cent and we'll call it even.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

Don't forget to make all debt and interest to the Federal Reserve NULL AND VOID, try everybody in executive positions for treason, and restore a hardbacked balanced currency to the State Treasury department.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Giving it to the people would have only been a temporary fix. Doing what they did was no fix. I say no package what so ever! Let the market take care of itself.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
When the people get the money, the economists state that it turns over 40 times. Turning over that amount of money that many times would help almost instantly; that is if it would go out to equally to the people.

But when business gets the money most of it just evaporates into big open pockets and is never seen again, mainly because it was to cover debt money. Covering debt money is worthless.

But putting money $10,000 into people pockets, 250 million pockets, would boost the economy immediately.

Most people would burn through that type of money and it would just keep recycling in the system.

But giving it to debtor companies is just filling a hole in the ground for debtors, and the money is gone.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
bleh....i can't add

250 million x 10,000 is 2.5T

[edit on 13-2-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
After interest, let's say the whole thing pans out, that's about what it's going to cost any average American tax payer. Can you imagine if this goes to hell and that $10,000 a pop becomes deliquent?

Hold on to your hats. We'll just have to see how this things rides out.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Big problem with Your numbers buddy. There are only 89 million tax payers in this country. We the tax payers are a minority that is being oppressed by the majority. I love having 50% of my income being stolen from me every year especially when the constitution is supposed to protect me against tyranny. I don't want a damn dime from the federal government I just want what I work so hard for.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If the government gave everyone free money like that it wouldn't be long before a loaf of bread costs a wheel barrow full of money. As a matter of fact germany did that and people eventually started burning the money because it was worth less than the coal.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

I disagree. If the people got all that billions, that money would be used in extras and help put some back on track with their mortgage payments and kept their homes, which in turn would have helped the banks, the real estate market, the credit market, as well as the consumer markets.

Obviously right now, giving all that money to the already fat cat wealthy CEO's and businesses did not help anyone except make those fat cat wealthy CEO's even more rich, while the people out here, who are already broke and counting pennies if that, have to pay for those billion bailout monies.

Its better to have a little bit of inflation than it is to have a deflated economy and deflated job market.

Cheers!!!!

No inflation just puts it off. Do You actually think this problem will be solved by giving people free money? You seriously need to do some research because it won't. The printing out money is the whole reason we are in this mess. Look at california the home prices kept going up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up and up due to this free money policy instituted by the fed. The only thing the free money mentality is going to leave us with is a pack of gum that costs 1 million dollars 10 years from now. As it is those idiots in power have already printed up so much money that when inflation hits prices will double over night.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If the powers that be wanted to really fix this BS they would turn back the clock say five years or scrap our currency all together. Our money is created out of thin air and so that means the fed makes money for doing absolutely nothing. So why not make the fed forgive a portion of all loans to the banks. The banks will then have to forgive say 30% of all peoples debts and redo all the loans. I know I wouldn't mind if all my loans were recalculated at 30% lower ..... So in essence the clock would be set back on the economy and all the tards out their could charge up their credit cards again .....

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jkm1864

Jkm1864 you could be right about there only being 98 million tax payers in the USA, and if there is only 98 million tax payers, then each tax paying person would have gotten $25,000 back and married couples would have gotten $50,000 back.

There would have been some happy tax payers in this country!

Do you realize that would have meant that the auto companies could have sold up to 98 million new automobiles to the tax payers, making all of the auto companies well to do without them getting a bailout.

And, lots of people could have paid off their mortgages, and the banks would not have needed a bail out.

And lots of people could have gone out on a fantastic spending spree, and our economy would have taken off like a rocket.

o

[edit on 13-2-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkm1864
If the powers that be wanted to really fix this BS they would turn back the clock say five years or scrap our currency all together. Our money is created out of thin air and so that means the fed makes money for doing absolutely nothing. So why not make the fed forgive a portion of all loans to the banks. The banks will then have to forgive say 30% of all peoples debts and redo all the loans. I know I wouldn't mind if all my loans were recalculated at 30% lower ..... So in essence the clock would be set back on the economy and all the tards out their could charge up their credit cards again .....

thats the real fix for all of this and i think we see the beginnings of it starting next week with the housing solution. The difference is that instead the Fed will give the treasury zero interest 30 year loans so that they can buy all the loans from the banks and then reduce them by 30% and lower rates to 4%. Average homeowner mortgage will go down 40% and the treasury gets all the money back through future interest and principal payments that people can now afford. it would be great for credit cards as well. Even though it is also the best solution for the banks in the long run, they willfight it to the death whileObama gvies them the finger.

It would also remove a good bit of the assets on bank balance sheets allowing us to institute much tighter reserves and capital requirements without destroying the system. I am in favor of the stimulus package but i think we also need to take this action or wewillbe going down anyways.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
you got it!
consider it done!

hanging ..public hanging

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisiblewoman
I can fix the economy for nothing totally free

1 Put the conspirators that created this mess in jail
2write some laws to keep them from being able to do this again
3separate and break Banks monopoly's
4do away with corporate personhood

I'd like to add

5. take all the assets of all the financial criminals and liquidate them to
pay for the mess that they made.

6. all the ppl made homeless are put into one of the 19 million empty
houses now in the US, and given a low fixed rate loan that has
flexibility for crisis such as job loss or illness.

7. 100% total transparency of all financial transactions, and random
audits and inspections by randomly generated jury of CPA's and
the inspection is video taped and the CPA's are protected.

8. Any bank that took part in fraud or abuse is permanently destroyed
and all owners and executives are banned from ANY executive or
ownership position of any corporation FOREVER even by proxy.

9. It is right to protect ones family, so it is right to protect ones
neighbor and we are all each others neighbors, we need to
build here, buy here, spend here, and protect it here.
Call it protectionism, call it anti-WTO, I care not.

10. All unspeciaized skill visa workers sent home, all illegal immigrants
sent home, and all borders secured with electronic frontier and double
fence run. Any and all items from the illegals are sold and spent to
maintain the border. All aid to mexico ends until they work as hard as
we do to close the border and stop the lies.

If you love mexico so much then fix it !

11. We send trillions of dollars out of the country for a myriad of
things, kill the trade deficit.

12. Repower the US and the World, Use Algae oil to grow our own oil
with the valcent method in the desert via hydroponics.
Use the CSP Solar Thermal method to provide electrical power.

Use the underwater turbines like in the hudson river in all rivers
with enough flow to make clean sustainable power.

Tap the jetstream and power the entire planet.
Tap Geothermal and heat the entire planet.
Tap sewer methane and provide permanent natural gas.

13.Use biodynamic agriculture to restore the soils world wide.

14. Help all nations around the world without parasitic infestation
like is described in the book confessions of a economic hitman
that talks about the evil of the IMF and World Bank.

15. If all the above is done, then stand in awe of peace in our time.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

all fine solutions

I'll ratify that !

and the beauty ,It won't cost us a thing!

we'll make money

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join