It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I NOW Get It! There is NO Dream of America Anymore - I NO longer Believe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I was one of those people "WHO BELIEVED" - I believed that our government would change, immediately after Bush was out! I truely and deeply felt, the United States would get back on track of our consitution!
The belief ENDED completely TODAY!

I don't think, I have ever been as MAD AND UPSET - as I am today -
I can not even express my feelings fully.

I really felt, that the Democratic Majority of the Congress, Senate and a Democratic President would bring back the government - from the direction it had gone.

Over the years, I had always thought that - people needed to get their voices heard and by doing so, govt. officals HAD to listen "To the People".

So, I thought over the years, when I tried to get something done and raised my voice, I thought it was just the Republican majority - leaving out the Democrats and got all the various bills (ie: Patriot act etc) passed, that were in direct conflict with our consitution.

I hit some bumps last year, when I raised my voice about the FISA bill, after calling all the govt. officals and emailing them I could (I would even put addresses for Congress Reps who were not in my area) - so they too could hear my voice. I spent many hours, thinking that I was helping the democracy of the United States. I BELIEVED!!

The FISA bill threw me for a loop, because everyone I called of Congress, said they were getting calls against it, I even called Obama's campaign headquarters and Senate Office, I got the same report from them. Everyone was AGAINST it calling. Yet it passed in both houses with flying colors! I was very disappointed, but I still BELIEVED - I felt they had to pass it because of a veto from Bush - and they did not have a majority to override the veto. So I STILL BELIEVED!

Then came the "Bailout" in Sept/Oct, again I called everyone I could and emailed them - including Bush. I heard the same response from each person - millions of calls AGAINST IT!

The Bailout - though - it seemed the Congress was FORCED to pass it, with the threat of Martial Law from Bush if they did not. So I STILL BELIEVED!

Now - TODAY COMES! First - shock that the 800 BILLION dollar Stimulus Bill was going up for vote today! Wait..... didn't they PROMISE that it would be on the internet for 48 hours, before going up for vote????

Finding out the bill got up after midnight with 3 SECTIONS OUT MISSING - then calling for a vote at 9am - was to put it mildly OUTRAGEOUS in my opinion!

HOW COULD THEY - THEY PROMISED?!

Pelosi - was calling for a vote??? When the other Congressmen, only got the bill over 1000 pages last night around 11pm!!!!

To say I was FURIOUS AND STILL AM!

I spent hours on the phone today and emailing EVERYONE I COULD!

I called my Senators, Congressman, Pelosi and Obama!!

I yelled and I had a 20 minute phone call with my Congressman's office!

I talked to a live person at the White House - and DEMANDED that Obama MAKE Pelosi STAND UP TO HER PROMISE!! Then I said " I voted for Obama - for CHANGE - NOT TO BE BUSH 3RD! I then said, to the person - HE WAS NOT CHANGE - and what was occuring was NOT RIGHT!

Pelosi's message - I left for her...... well..... lets just say, it wasn't VERY NICE!

I spent some hours on the phone, I tried to enlist every friend to call their Congress Person - to STOP THE VOTE!! LIVE UP TO THE PROMISE!

Funny, my Congressman's office agreed with me - when I said that a few million of us need to "Peacefully Demonstrate in Washington".

So, I sit here...... realizing I DO NOT BELIEVE ANYMORE!

I NOW UNDERSTAND! I am writing this, because today - my dream of the United States is NO MORE! I no longer even BELIEVE in the United States, I no longer believe the government officals even care one iota about any of us!!

I am more sad, and actually depressed over my understanding now. I even did something - due to my being SO ANGRY and not having an outlet for my anger. I didn't want to destroy my computer.LOL

I did something today - I did not even during Bush's Presidency (at that time I still believed) -

After the vote of the stimulus package - all the BROKEN PROMISES - the give aways of the package - listening to CSPAN all day - hearing that even though there is a "law" that a bill has to be out for 3 days before it is voted on in Congress (but Pelosi - was disregarding that law - for the bill) etc etc....

When it passed - my dream of the United States OFFICALLY DIED! I then went outside took my American Flag off my house - threw it on the ground and threw thrash and limbs on top of it (it is still there - in my front yard)
Then I got another American flag I have and I went out in my front yard and I burned it! I Burned an American Flag......... It was my offical act.......realizing the DREAM OF AMERICA IS DEAD!

I am not a radical, but I have always tried to "better" my life and others, so I thought. I have been involved in volunteer work etc. - so this thread, might seem "radical" to some..... but to me..... today a very bad and depressing death and truth came and hit me very hard on the head.

Some of you may be shocked and outraged, I burned an American Flag.... but it was my ONLY way of releasing my shock, outrage at our government, and it was not violent!

I really needed to get this off my chest...... due to the fact, when deaths occur, we have stages, - anger, mourning, saddness and missing what used to be.

But one good thing..

we will have an 8 billion dollar gambling train
a "green" golf course with "green" golf carts
a 50 million habitat study for mice
a 350 million vaccination program for children
a study of genes of children
besides many other wonderful pet projects

OH - But we each get a $13.00 TAX CREDIT!!! WOW - I AM EXCITED NOW!

Oh, but also the fact that this bill is the "death" of the dollar, our dollar can not survive the printing of the money that will occur for this bill to happen!
Besides the generations to come, having to pay for this bill!

I did a debate of "escaping the world" - there has never been more of a desire inside me, than right now - to "escape" - but the problem is, there is no where to escape to.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Welcome to America
Willkommen in Amerika
Bienvenido a América
Bienvenue en Amérique

Seriously, sorry you feel this way but it was inevitable. There is but one party with two faces in this country.

The true dream of America still exists, but we must take power back from the federal government, and return it rightfully to the states.

[edit on 2/13/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Yes, I understand how you feel, frustrated that yet once again, the citizen gets screwed over. But that is the unfortunate reality of politics, false promises and deception. Does it have to be this way? Not at all, the only reason its like this is because the elites think its all a game, a political game of who the better the party is and who has the most reps and congressman, unfortunately the citizens voice gets stuck in the middle and lost. Its a sad feeling to be pushed to the side and ignored, the cries of the people and the suffering is also lost. The reason people thought Obama could change things was because he was unknown and other factors that surpassed McCain, but what people failed to see was who was really controlling the white house, lets take an example of what the real white house has looked liked for over 18+ years now:

Bush Snr- Bill Clinton- Bush Jr- and now Obama BUT is it really Obama? unfortunatley not its a Clinton cabinet, why would Obama surround himself with the Clinton Cabinet and Not the Obama cabinet? Because this is not a political game this is the ruling elite showing there power. The figure actually looks more like:

Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton odd how nothing has changed isn't it. Coincidences just don't happen like this. Clinton and Bush Snr are very good friends and thats a big reason, for this. The political game is still being played, but the elites are still running the show..

Its a sad reality that nothing has changed, but its all following the process of life, Birth and death, nothing lasts forever. The second law of thermodynamic states that everything heads toward choas, its sad really. The elites know this and this the reason why we have had 18+ years of the same rule, all to be there when the choas really starts and the Nation looks for someone to fix everything. But then again the real scary scenario is the elites solution to the problem.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I too understand your pain. All of this out rite throwing it in our faces that our opinion does not count and we are too stupid to know what is best.

It has had me to tears. I am sick to my stomach to think of all we have gone through to make this a nation for the people by the people, all the people who died..... for what? For corporations to take control and our nation falling to greed at the top.

It makes me even more mad that no one seems to care. People talk about it over coffee like yeah it is too bad, like they are talking about a rainy day, not the destruction of our country.

I wish I could move out of the USA. I really do. This is not my country anymore. Calling your congressmen is a joke. It does NOTHING. I have sent many letters and nothing happens. NOTHING. I have come to the conclusion they are doing this on purpose and in our face. They have no opposition, and it will only get worse until we as a people collapse.

It is really sad, and heart breaking. The republicans wanted theirs with the Tarp, and now the Dems want theirs too. They do no care about us.
If they did they would have used this as a chance to really do something.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
America died today? # if I got the memo. If you look towards DC as America then you are mistaken. If you look towards politicians as leaders, then you are mistaken. If you thought this bill is the difference between America and some other #hole of a country, then you are mistaken.

When I want to see America, I look around me. I will walk across the street and share a beer or two with my neighbor and old friend. We talk about this and that and anything we want to talk about, that is America.

When I wish to see a leader, I look towards someone that proposes that we share a little of what we have with those that do not. It could be a preacher organizing a group to go sing Christmas Carols, or tired father deciding to coach a pee-wee football team, or even the local police department hosting a "pig roast" as a fund raiser. That for me is America.

When I think of legislation, I think of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Amendments that cleaned up mistakes of the past. And yes, I lament a few that have proven to be wrong, but that is America too.

When the news of Reagan's death reached me, I was working at the hospital as security at the time. It took some time for me to find the crank to lower the flag to half-mast. It was the first one in Oxford that was lowered. One of the local cops asked me why it was being lowered and he went around and lowered ones around town he had access to such as the police station, the fire station, town hall and a few on the college campus. He later stopped by to tell me what he had done and stood outside and smoked a couple cigarettes over a cup of coffee and talked about things we did while Reagan was President. That is America to me.

And while I stood there looking at that flag and thought about things, I came to the conclusion that it is one of the few things in this world to fight, kill or die over other than family and friends. But it is not the individual flag but what it represents that matters.

The dumb asses in DC are not America, the flag itself is not America: We are America. So long as you know that and never give in, then America can never die.

But then again, maybe I just haven't got the memo.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
not to sound mean questioningall , but GOOD. Now you have the rose glasses off and can see things for what they are.
In your passings wake up as many as you can.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
i feel ya, it's all a big bold-faced lie. i think we've all been in the same place where you are at right now, and it's extremely discouraging to say the least. I wrote my state representatives, wrote the president, put my vote in in every election, convinced all of my friends that needed convincing to do the same...It just doesn't do an iota of good, does it? These people in power will doing anything and everything that they want to do until something drastic changes the whole political and economical spectrum. Our time is coming, just hold fast my friend and get ready for ANYTHING because nobody really knows what is going to go down.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Now perhaps you understand what some of us have been saying for years: it doesn't make any differece who sits in the oval office; the puppet on the left or the puppet on the right. The election was and always has been a punch-and-judy show to keep the masses all ra-ra "rooting" for their team. it's meaningless feelgood garbage, the illusion of motion, nothing more.

What has happened is the system has gotten so big, so complex, so global, and so finacialized that the powers of individuals -- even goverenments and heads of state -- have dwindled to relative nothingness in the face of this endless "machine." It's not a "conspiracy," there is no man behind the curtain pulling levers...its just a big, hulking system that perpetuates itself through its own complexity and intertia and keeps itself going in a certain direction until it falls off a cliff, implodes and collapses under its own weight, or undergoes some other kind of violent trauma. It's POINTLESS to expect "change" from this politician or that one...this thing is FAR bigger than politics; it is trillion-dollar hypercapitalist globalism, a totally soulless machine that exists for no purpose and serves nobody but just keeps grinding away, mulching up human flesh and bones in its treads and gears as it glides onwards on the grease of collective human fear, ignorance, and greed.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Now perhaps you understand what some of us have been saying for years: it doesn't make any differece who sits in the oval office; the puppet on the left or the puppet on the right. The election was and always has been a punch-and-judy show to keep the masses all ra-ra "rooting" for their team. it's meaningless feelgood garbage, the illusion of motion, nothing more.

What has happened is the system has gotten so big, so complex, so global, and so finacialized that the powers of individuals -- even goverenments and heads of state -- have dwindled to relative nothingness in the face of this endless "machine." It's not a "conspiracy," there is no man behind the curtain pulling levers...its just a big, hulking system that perpetuates itself through its own complexity and intertia and keeps itself going in a certain direction until it falls off a cliff, implodes and collapses under its own weight, or undergoes some other kind of violent trauma. It's POINTLESS to expect "change" from this politician or that one...this thing is FAR bigger than politics; it is trillion-dollar hypercapitalist globalism, a totally soulless machine that exists for no purpose and serves nobody but just keeps grinding away, mulching up human flesh and bones in its treads and gears as it glides onwards on the grease of collective human fear, ignorance, and greed.

well said my friend!!! the real question at hand is this...will we survive? i think that we will, but it's more a matter of "who" than "if" i suppose. keep your head down and your supplies well stocked! get a plan together in case of total collapse/martial law, it's better to be prepared for the worst than not prepared at all.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
America died today? # if I got the memo. If you look towards DC as America then you are mistaken. If you look towards politicians as leaders, then you are mistaken. If you thought this bill is the difference between America and some other #hole of a country, then you are mistaken.

When I want to see America, I look around me. I will walk across the street and share a beer or two with my neighbor and old friend. We talk about this and that and anything we want to talk about, that is America.

When I wish to see a leader, I look towards someone that proposes that we share a little of what we have with those that do not. It could be a preacher organizing a group to go sing Christmas Carols, or tired father deciding to coach a pee-wee football team, or even the local police department hosting a "pig roast" as a fund raiser. That for me is America.

When I think of legislation, I think of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Amendments that cleaned up mistakes of the past. And yes, I lament a few that have proven to be wrong, but that is America too.

When the news of Reagan's death reached me, I was working at the hospital as security at the time. It took some time for me to find the crank to lower the flag to half-mast. It was the first one in Oxford that was lowered. One of the local cops asked me why it was being lowered and he went around and lowered ones around town he had access to such as the police station, the fire station, town hall and a few on the college campus. He later stopped by to tell me what he had done and stood outside and smoked a couple cigarettes over a cup of coffee and talked about things we did while Reagan was President. That is America to me.

And while I stood there looking at that flag and thought about things, I cam to the conclusion that it is one of the few things in this world to fight, kill or died over other than family and friends. But it is not the individual flag but what it represents that matters.

The dumb asses in DC are not America, the flag itself is not America: We are America. So long as you know that and never give in, then America can never die.

But then again, maybe I just haven't got the memo.

Here here! I wish I could have starred you more than once. Thank you for reminding us of this. I've been so caught up with all this BS that I needed the reminder.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The American Dream was stolen by the crooked bankers and politicians.

All we have left is the nightmare to come

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Boy I am seriously surpirsed. You know if You would have paid attention to the primaries You would have found out about the only man that would have brought change. I guess You thought us Ron Paul supporters were a bunch of tin foil hatters. I don't know why a dem is upset though. I mean every election You come out in droves asking for more free crap which comes out of my check. I really love being out of the country and away from my family 9 months a year just to have my income taxed 50%. I don't have a american flag but I did something though I went out and bought 3 so called assault rifles and plenty of ammo. Our votes are useless and the only time something is going to change is if the people agree to stand up to the tyranny. All I ever asked for was to be left alone and to be truely free. What is wrong with working Your butt off and wanting 80% or god forbid 90% of Your fruits. Its not like I am a corporation that gets unfair advantage due to government contracts or a rich person born into wealth.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Oh You will love this one also. The government knows what the problem is and how to fix the economy. The problem with the economy is a currency issue plain and simple. Our dollar is damn monopoly money that is only valuable because we think it is. Our dollar is not backed up by crap except for the paper its printed on. The crooks in washington know this but yet the keep printing money out acting like they are trying everything. The problem with a debt based currency is it works fine for a while but eventually prices rise higher and higher and the consumer is strapped with debt. I know I am strapped and guess what I don't spend crap now just like everyone else out there. You wonder why people are loosing their jobs well it has something to do with the money in the economy is drying up. So look this stuff up and You will be amazed and to be honest it will piss You off. So enjoy the change because by the end of the year You will more than likely be out of a job just like I will be.......

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

I really felt, that the Democratic Majority of the Congress, Senate and a Democratic President would bring back the government - from the direction it had gone.

What?

You didn't know Democrats support BIGGER and more imposing government? You thought it was bad under Bush, just wait a little longer.

They are going to get there big government.

Go Libertarian, there is no other way.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

What?

You didn't know Democrats support BIGGER and more imposing government? You thought it was bad under Bush, just wait a little longer.

They are going to get there big government.

Go Libertarian, there is no other way.

I agree with your Libertarian sentiment! Big gov't is garbage, a little bit of regulation goes a long way. Let the states do what they do and we will all just get along, but sadly it is too late for that.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

HOW COULD THEY - THEY PROMISED?!

Ah, welcome! You have awakened finally from your DREAM! You know now how it feels to be taken for a ride. This is reality and I'm afraid people don't really care at this point because their small voices will not be heard by the 'big brothers' EVER!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thanks to all that have posted here, sorry I have been offline - and have tried to drown sorrows.

I was one of those who was still idealistic.

I was about to get into all those details about Obama's Cabinet, but we all know that already.

I know I am not the only one right now, feeling utter disappointment and real depression.

I agree people make up what America is.... We are America.......but the problem is - the govt. is what drags all of us around and we then have to conform to what they tie around our necks.

So, when I say America is dead - it is the dream of America - and it is the government of America.....

and it will be the dollar of the United States.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
questioningall:

I share your frustration and anger. What I have seen my country become in the past few years has caused me to weep and on occasion, vomit or gag.
Most of my life I was so proud of my country. When the national anthem would play, I would well up with tears. As things started to get worse, such events began to feel like a chore. Finally one day, I welled up with tears again, but this time with sadness. I felt like I had lost my country, that it simply didn't exist for me any longer.
As I spent many sleepless nights reviewing how it was lost, I realized that it never was lost. America was more than a name, a map, a flag or an anthem. America, at least what the word invokes, is a divinely inspired philosophy. Something that our ancestors more than two hundred years ago felt passionately enough about to fight to try and make a reality; and in the best way such imperfect humans could, they wrote the means in which we could live out this idea. As is the nature of humanity over time, men, corporations, organizations and foreign governments have intentionally and or inadvertently chipped away, obscured, influenced or forced the dissolution of what America is.
However, despite these forces, one thing that cannot be removed (only forgotten) is the fact that with the creation of America, comes the right and obligation of the people to secure for posterity, liberty, human dignity, self preservation, and limited government. What that means is that when the government is no longer striving to maintain the American philosophy, "That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government" via whatever means you see accomplishes that goal.
Today, I still get sad and sickened by what I have seen the government become, but when I see the flag or hear the national anthem, I see it representing what America was founded to be, and no man or group of men can ever change that.
I hope that you can find in yourself the American spirit again. I have known few things in my life that can induce such pride, love, ferocity or relief as that.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
not believing in the fundamentals of your country is what the New World Order wants you to do. It allows them to destroy your country because you wont stand up to its rights, laws, and history. America was a good, well designed country made to resist Federalization and the financial Illuminati take over.
But the people were not fully informed of the nations laws and tools, the power of jury's, the power of elected officials such as Sheriffs, and have let there country slide into its demise.

They have done this many times to many countries. America lost there one and only chance to make history as a nation to actually be able to be free, independent, and able to protect itself with an army at the same time. Its too bad to see whats happened to America.

But Im not saying that America was designed perfectly. Of course, there were aspects of its beginnings that actually led to whats now happened, but still. they had good fundamentals.
[edit on 14-2-2009 by ats__fan039]

[edit on 14-2-2009 by ats__fan039]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I am not angry, or surprised, I did my crying election night,

Now I am numb.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join