It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you do when somebody has you on "ignore"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Ok, the reply to isn't working for some reason sorry, but this is at intrepid.

I see the T&C mentions mass mailing exclusively but nothing else. I'm talking about people you just don't want to receive u2u's from personally attacking you, since unfortunately once in awhile you come across someone immature and worthy of an "ignore" (not here, but elsewhere in my experience). The bit about agreeing it's confidential implies to me you can't report someone as well, which is also fine if you could ignore u2u.

Mind you, I'm just going by what others are saying about ignore. I've yet to ignore someone or be ignored (to my knowledge). So as far as I know ignore does ignore u2u from the person.

But if it's true that u2u bypasses ignore then that truly is counterproductive in every respect. It's the personal u2u you should be able to ignore not what someone has to say about a topic.

I'll probably never know either way, I doubt I'll end up ignoring someone here, no matter how much they might get on my nerves...

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Sara1]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sara1

The previous part of the T&C states that u2u's are covered by the T&C. This is an important part of the T&C:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Thus anyone sending unwanted u2u's would be in violation of the T&C. Forwarding such to the staff is not only acceptable it's warranted.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Ah right, I did wonder if it referred to other parts. Well that's great then!
...(but I still believe ignore here is silly generally).

/me wonders how often ignore actually is used, since all that's ever seen is "I don't ignore anyone"

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Thanks RF, but how did you read this? I thought you were one of the folks who had me on ignore.

I understand your frustration.

From time to time, I've had a person make some stupid personal attack or false statement then immediately put me on ignore so I can't even respond to the attack or accusation. At that point usually what I'll do is post a general reply in the thread showing what that person said and then make a response so that the other rational people in the thread will see my response to the attack.
There's really no point in continuing to argue with someone who will put you on ignore to hide from you but you should have the right to respond to accusations,etc...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
How do you know if someone has you on ignore?

I mean, how would you ever know, is there a way to find out?

- JC

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I saw that thread too. If you read through the whole thing, you would find that someone came along and pointed out that the persons technique was not accurate. What is was doing was showing you who YOU could ignore, or something like that.

The OP even apologized and said how embarrassed he was.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join