It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would soldiers really do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Take the question of civil unrest, riots in the streets, protests, economic collapse at home and ask what would the soldiers really do?

I've read on here and I've discussed on my own local community forums and spoken with members of my own family who are in a branch of the military about the issue of what would soldiers really do. Almost without certainty they have all said they wouldn't fight fellow citizens. That is the honorable and right thing to say. After all how could anyone who took an oath to protect this country follow orders that would put the citizen's lives, that they're supposed to protect, in jeopardy? It seems like an easy and clear cut choice. But therein lies the problem.

Do you really feel like you would be given all the information so you can make a clear and informed choice about the "enemy" you are ordered to engage? The higher ups would expect those with a brain to question the ethics of killing your own brothers and sisters and they would expect the braindead sheep members to just follow along with any order they're given. Do you think you would get a cut and dry explanation of who you are facing? You wouldn't be given all the information, you would be lied to about who you are going out there to fight, and then your dedication to the country would be put in question to make every other soldier around you to fall in place. IMO, they would probably tell you that a radical band of terrorists have taken over a portion of the city and are killing women and children wantonly and you all must act fast to neutralize the threat. You would be given lies and no time to think critically about the situation.

That's why when I hear members of the military saying that they would never engage in combat with a civilian especially one of their own I think to myself "but you wouldn't know any better." That's not to belittle because I know your intentions are there and are good but it depends on you having the full information and it depends on not just you but other members around you stepping up and refusing but you wouldn't be given any prior notice to think it through.

With a long history of not telling their own the truth then why would they when it is most critical when your conscience would really jolt you if you knew you were about to start shooting at your own family and friends.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
They will just keep on believing the lies and will most likely just do as they are told as always.
You make a valid point about them lying about who the enemy is.
For that reason I think they will not know any better just like they don't today.
I mean aren't they out there looking for osama as we speak??
Hmmmm.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
you are absolutely right.... most U.S soldiers would not fight againts there own... which is why they would be sent to some crazy war where they will be worn down and slaughtered...... instead foreign troops would come in with little or no resistance(no u.s soldiers) and do the job... also blackwater .......................

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
hmmm, interesting theory...so you think our gov't would bring in mercenaries to do the job? perhaps mossad or something of that nature?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Depends on the situation. if the situations right I'm gonna do my duty to fight the aggressors; ie the american people. But if its for a just cause Im gonna be fighting with them.

new topics

top topics

join