It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
NOTE: Soveriegnty is NOT the same as Secession.
Wow… it will be interesting to see how this turns out… it’s about time people started stepping up and speaking out. As people have pointed out in comments, all of these (except for HI) are explicit restatements of what has always been in place, but not necessarily enforced, as detailed by the 10th Amendment. HI is actually aiming for total sovereignty as it is claimed that HI was never really a state of the U.S. to begin with. However, I believe the intent of these bills is to let the federal government know that the states’ sovereignty will not be overwritten… say in case certain gun ban laws get passed… or other “War Time / Martial Law” type plans come into play. Check them out:
States That Already Are Sovereign / Passed 10th Amendement Restatement Legislature:
- California (CA): [CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO and HERE - result: PASS]
- Texas (TX): [THIS WEBSITE] has some good info on the Republic of Texas
States Claiming Sovereignty:
- Arizona (AZ): [CLICK HERE]
- Georgia (GA): [CLICK HERE]
- Hawaii (HI): [General info: HERE or HERE -- SCOTUS Case: HERE for docket & HERE or HERE for summary]
- Michigan (MI): [CLICK HERE]
- Missouri (MO): [HR 212 replaced by 2 bills! CLICK HERE for more info]
- Montana (MT): [CLICK HERE]
- New Hampshire (NH): [CLICK HERE]
- Oklahoma (OK): [CLICK HERE]
- Washington (WA): [CLICK HERE]
States Planning / Motioning Toward Claiming Sovereignty:
- Alabama (AL): (see Source links below*)
- Alaska (AK): (see Source links below*)
- Arkansas (AR): (see Source links below*)
- Colorado (CO): (see Source links below*)
- Idaho (ID): (see Source links below*)
- Indiana (IN): (see Source links below*)
- Kansas (KS): (see Source links below*)
- Maine (ME): (see Source links below*)
- Nevada (NV): (see Source links below*)
- Pennsylvania (PA): (see Source links below*)
[Source # 1 for the "pending / planning" states] & [Source # 2 for the "pending / planning" states]
2- 1 NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE SENATE that the State 2- 2 of Georgia hereby claims sovereignty under the Tenth 2- 3 Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all 2- 4 powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal 2- 5 government by the United States Constitution and that this 2- 6 measure shall serve as notice and demand to the federal 2- 7 government, as our agent, to cease and desist, effective 2- 8 immediately, mandates that are beyond the scope of its 2- 9 constitutionally delegated powers. 2-10 BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Secretary of the Senate is 2-11 authorized and directed to transmit copies of this 2-12 resolution to the President of the United States, the 2-13 Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, the 2-14 President of the United States Senate, each member of 2-15 Georgia's congressional delegation, and the Speaker of the 2-16 House and the President of the Senate of each state 2-17 legislature in the United States of America.