It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual light sighted in above East Midlands Airport UK 13-02-2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
OK, a little baffled at this myself, but my question is did anyone in the East Midlands area of the UK (Derby, Nottingham area) spot an incredibly bright amber-orange[ish] light careering in a westerly direction, over what would be considered above East Midlands Airport this evening?

Details (as recommended format in ATS)

Date: 13th Feb 2009
Time: [approx.] 19:25 BST

Colour: solid amber / orange bright light
Texture: non-discernable
Shape: non-discernable

Direction: [appeared] travelling East to Western direction
Speed: non-discernable - though appeared to move at a typical light aircraft speed at 10-15K ft - then slowed down above East Midlands Airport motionless and remained for about 30 seconds. Light started to 'flicker' between bright and slightly dimmer held at a dimmer composition and then disappeared from sight altogether. The light didn't fade, it was as if the lights were switched off.

Sound: nothing of note

Size - about the size of aircraft at 20K feet from ground view

Aircraft present: Yes, localised commercial aircraft appeared lower in altitude and continuing on their normal approach sweeps to landing paths.

Witnesses: Yes, my partner, I was outside smoking a cigarette in the garden on my doorstep - and called my partner out to see it - she was amazed and asked me to call the airport to see if they picked it up. It was quite something.

I'm going to use the websites as recommended on this site to report it and see if there's anything further on it.

That's all I can offer, I'm afraid, I'm just curious to know if anyone else saw this?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Maybe somebody practising for the weekend's UFO experiment, it's in your neck of the woods.

Nottinghamshire Paranormal Network

WG3

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

Nice to meet you mate. Please don't get concerned, this is normal in the Midlands. Yes these things are real. The ufo orbs are so very real.......................................

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
Maybe somebody practising for the weekend's UFO experiment, it's in your neck of the woods.

Nottinghamshire Paranormal Network

WG3

That would certainly explain it. Thank you. It was quite a spectacle I must admit. I normally wear glasses for long distance vision, but my partner saw it with her (considered) very good vision and still couldn't identify was it was. Though, I will maintain, ''it'' certainly maintainted a better altitude than the hypothesised 75ft. I have an Oak at the bottom of the garden about 45ft in hieght, not only was this much higher, but also about 2 km from where we are. Still baffled at how the motion literally slowed in speed even in a vector transition and then went out.

Once again thanks.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
reply to post by BAZ752

Nice to meet you mate. Please don't get concerned, this is normal in the Midlands. Yes these things are real. The ufo orbs are so very real.......................................

I looked at the thread Kristian linked up. It made good reading. Thanks for your contribution, i'll keep an eye out for any more!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

Im sure ive just seen that passing over leeds, light air craft speed very very bright amber/orange light, i did notice when it passed overhead that there were the usual flashing lights of a plane but i have never to this day seen any plane at night that bright, i saw it from miles away and thought it was a start till it began moving to the right aswell as towards me, at a guess it was passing over from west to to east in a southerly direction.

Edit

Roughly about 9:25PM

[edit on 13/2/2009 by phushion]

new topics

top topics

join