It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes Obama's economic stimulus bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

House passes Obama's economic stimulus bill

www.breitbart.com

Handing the new administration a big win, the House Friday passed President Barack Obama's $787 billion plan to resuscitate the economy.
The bill was passed 246-183 with no Republican help. It now goes to the Senate where a vote was possible late Friday to meet a deadline of passing the plan before a recess begins next week.

All but seven Democrats voted for the bill—a 1,071 page, 8-inch-thick measure that combines $281 billion in tax cuts for individuals and businesses with more than a half-trillion dollars in government spending. The money would go for infrastructure, health care and help for cash-starved state governments, among scores of programs. Seniors would get a $250 bonus Social Security check.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kansascity.com

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
All but 7 Democrats are truly traitors to this country and should be immediately removed from office on charges of dereliction of duty and treason against the American people. This entire system was a fraud and a sham.

I saw another news article in which Emanuel Cleaver, (D) from Missouri said “Regardless of party, we all cast our votes with one hand and crossed our fingers with the other.” Well, Mr. Cleaver, we have a small thing in common then... while you were casting your vote to further swamp my children with debt with absolutely no indication that this would really help alleviate this economic farce I too was doing something with my fingers while you voted. Had you magical powers to see inside an office building in downtown Seattle, you'd have seen this S.O.B. presenting both of my middle fingers at his computer screen after reading what you and your cronies were about to do to us all.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join