It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AVATAR cartoon - spiritual prep for kids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
hi all,

wow, i have been watching this cartoon called "avatar". i cant believe the amount of reference to meditation, coming out the body, chakras, 3rd eye etc.... etc..... listr goes on...

i have never seen such direct information on this subject being beamed into our kids heads.

i dont know if its a bad thing. maybe not, but why all this information for them at such a young age????

is there a hidden agenda here???

this is really graphic stuff that i am learning from too. man, i cant remember being taught this stuff when i was young. maybe we are certainly being prepared for the future???!!!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
i didn't know it went in depth. i thought it was just surface gliding. i guess i'll have to check it out. the only episode i ever saw was with my little cousin, she watches it, and it looked intriguing, but too cartoony for me, and i like animes
yeah, it is weird, indoctrination, i dunno, teaching the indigo kids

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
do not worry, the show is harmless and somewhat beneficial. I hate to say it but I'm a late 30's man and I ended up watching the whole series. Quite enjoyable with just enough plot to keep an adult watching. A little dark theme wise for kids, but I think most of it would go over their heads. A little cartoony for most adults but the story line is really well done. Try it.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think that is just including some of the religious beleifs that are common in Asia and among the show's targeted demographics. Like Veggie Tales cartoons aren't per se indoctrination but tell Christian stories that a lot of kids here know about. There are different religions in the world; we shouldn't expect all the media in the world to reflect the one that is popular here.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Avatar is a fantastic cartoon. On the surface (according to the creators) it is supposed to be an "American Anime" cartoon. My entire family (ages 6-74) has sat down to watch it (most of the family is younger, they win when it comes to tv
)and all gotten something out of it.

I've not seen a hidden agenda, I doubt most kids are getting all that. My cousins mostly got the message of "violence is only a last resort". to me as an adult, it seems more a message of peace, spirituality, and connectivity with the world. I highly recommend you watch more with an open mind

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
yes, well im not knocking it at all.

i have been researching lots recently into spiritual stuff and when i turned on the TV i was surprised to see lots of what im learning being portrayed in a cartoon!!!

its a great message to all!!

new topics

top topics

join