It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Johan Lorbeer floats several feet off the ground, leaning casually against a wall.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is weird, anyone know how he has done it?

Source:
metro

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I say Photoshop. If he was really doing what it appears he is doing, the people standing around there would be FAR more fascinated and in awe, looking up at HIM and not elsewhere. I noted only one person really looking his direction, and there is not the look of awe I would expect. It's more a casual look than anything with high interest.

Either Photoshop, or there is a ledge attached to the window and he is using that to provide support. I lean towards Photoshop based on the way the feet look as if they're on flat ground.

That's my take.

[edit on 2/13/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

It's something to do with his arm providing support (not his real arm)

See last line in this article/page

Source

Here’s a little clue on the trick; His arm is the supporting bar, and his real arm is hide inside his cloth.

See this image

Source

[edit on 13/2/2009 by phushion]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
why is this in the paranormal studies section?
This is very lame.

It's a good thing someone beat me to the punch and this was answered before the "We believe in Johan Lorbeer" Fan club stopped by.

That's all we need.. another "belief" group.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Wasn't sure where to put it to be honnest, this cat was the best fit, but i solved the mystery. So may aswell close this thread now

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hes an illusionist.
He does illusions.
It is an illusion.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by phushion

Left foot.

Look at it.

Next please.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
this guy is even lamer than criss angel.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
yes, it is a fake arm . if you look below the fake arm you can see this bulge in his side. rubbish

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Never mind the left foot, look at his arm, fair effort tho cant nock the guy, he is an illusionist.

Source

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A fake arm would work, too. Still... There is something odd also about his feet. Even in the footage posted above, they seem to be pressing on something. No one who was hanging by a fake arm would keep their feet so consistently as if they were standing on a flat surface. The toes would dip downwards.

So I am guessing it might be a complete structure that is attached somehow to the wall and allows the illusion only of standing in midair with ease (the "with ease" part is the reason I suspect more than a fake arm).

EDIT to add: I hadn't seen the pic in the post above mine before I posted... I see that there is indeed more to the contraption than just hanging on to a fake arm.

[edit on 2/13/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by phushion
reply to post by eNumbra

Never mind the left foot, look at his arm, fair effort tho cant nock the guy, he is an illusionist.

His arm doesn't concern me. I don't really care how he does the trick, it's blatantly obvious he's standing on something from the first pic in the thread.

His toes are pressed flat while his heel is up and his leg is bent slightly as though he were :shock: supporting his own weight.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Another image of the apparatus used, not sure but it sorta looks like theres a foot step there or perhaps his shoes are part of the it?

Source

top topics

join