It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media drum beat against Republican continues.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
No one here except maybe xoxostacie is denying ignorance, including a mod. How shameful. Do any of you see the light? This has been the product of intense political calculation, followed up with obvious media bias for years now on the part of both parties.

I'm not suggesting there is an overlord-run shadow government with NWO puppeteers like so many of you blindly pin everything on, but if it's one thing I know - the two parties hate competition. That is why Bush was the fall guy for Obama's reconditioning. This is to drown out and demonize any opposition to wasteless spending and intrusive government.

I hear the "leftists" of the argument proclaiming Bush set up "free speech zones" and used his puppet station Faux News to go after dissidents, Patriot Act aside. But what they ignore is that Obama has a vastly larger number of connections in the media world. It's a fact. Bush and Cheney had Murdoch and Limbaugh. Woooow, so that makes them even?

Also add onto the fact that more Dems sided with the Repubs in the last 8 years than Repubs are currently siding with Dems and it should be obvious to anyone this is all very usual politicking, with the added benefit of distracting the masses to see Obama is right without "stupidly" legislating that he is so.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Cio88
Either way, the people in power right now seem to be closing the door on difference of opinion.

And you think this is new?

When Bush travels around the United States, the Secret Service visits the location ahead of time and orders local police to set up “free speech zones” or “protest zones” where people opposed to Bush policies (and sometimes sign-carrying supporters) are quarantined. These zones routinely succeed in keeping protesters out of presidential sight and outside the view of media covering the event.

www.amconmag.com...

Clinton did it too.

I think this is the first time I have ever seen a mod miss the point ENTIRELY. Completely and utterly missed the point and commented on something completely different. A classic defelection or.. what do we call it here on ATS... a "strawman" argument? I am not surprised, but its pretty blatant.

SHAME ON YOU IF IT WAS INTENTIONAL

This wasn't about Bush Vs Obama on how they handle dissent in personal appearances. It was about a "war" on republicans, the lack of "debate" on any issues, the drowning out or outright demonizing of "dissent" on Obama.

again....

SHAME ON YOU IF IT WAS INTENTIONAL

I suspect it was. Deflect the real debate right?

Demonizing Republicans? Wha, us? No of course we weren't .. wait wasn't Bush stifling free speech? let's talk about that...

WHAT?

For all of you on the left who have screamed and shouted for 8 years whining and bitching about everything Bush did or was perceived to do, you sure quickly became docile.

Oh and for the record future hypocrytes, do you really think that Obama will put protesters right up front and center? Yea, right thought so. I am SO tired of the disengenousness.

You just totally lost every ounce of my respect.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

One could say, "Typical right wing post. Attack the member, not the topic."

Btw dude, I'm not American, so chill out. I'm not part of your partisan BS.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join