It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Attack on Iraq Pilgrimage Kills 30

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Suicide Attack on Iraq Pilgrimage Kills 30

www.nytimes.com

BAGHDAD — A suicide bomber with explosives hidden under her flowing black garments blew herself up in a crowd of Shiite pilgrims south of Baghdad on Friday, killing at least 30 people and injuring dozens more, according to initial reports from Iraqi security officials. The attacker detonated her explosives inside a tent set up for women and children to rest, and most of those killed and injured were women and children, according to witnesses and police and hospital officials.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
WHY????

Why do people do this, and where is the outrage? This is so horribly wrong on so many levels. Surely, the moderates in the Muslim world should start speaking out loudly and frequently, calling for an end to this type of action, to anyone, anywhere.

What will it take to get the Muslim world engaged in calling for an end to this type of activity? How can anyone justify this type of activity?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Moderate Muslims have Voiced Anger at terrorist attacks and what terrorists are doing around the world, it has been shown on ATS many times by posters who have pointed out loads of articles on Muslims protesting these savage acts,

at the end of the Day we have Extremists who have More amunation
they get more Publicity then any moderate would ever dream of, if 5 extremists were to Preach death to america and kill all american infadels
we would have the press all over that, (sorry for the use of words, but its to make a statement)

if 20 Moderates were to protest against the fanatics we would get maybe one or two reporters taking a statement and then walking away as its no big story.

also as an example
when we see Israel kill palestinians by using US made weapons, this gives Extremists Ammo, when they see Iraqis Killed by US forces that Gives them ammo to use against others they see as justified targets.
so at the end of the Day Hate and death Breads more hate and death.

on the Iraqi sucide bombing, i will be honest i beilive there is a outside source in this.
people are being manipulated into attacking others by people who distort facts and other things to keep position of power, example the woman that got other young women raped so she could manipulate them into becoming sucide bombers.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I would like to think that it is true, that moderate Muslim are outraged by these types of actions. Here in the U.S., when some nut case goes off and kills a bunch of people on a rampage, the press goes into overdrive in condemnation of the acts, and the people speak out against it. Do you have any links of the press in the Muslim world doing the same thing, speaking out in outrage against such a horrific act?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
What will it take to get the Muslim world engaged in calling for an end to this type of activity? How can anyone justify this type of activity?

Why did US start an illegal war when it clearly knew Saddam had NO WMDs?

Why didn't US prepare itself when it clearly knew Shias were gona backlash which would start a sectarian war?

WHy didn't US offer protection to those families who were brutally slaughtered by Mahdi malitias and killer cops?

How can the West justify all this mess?

You see, i like to get to the root of the problem while you are just tryna make Muslims look bad for your own pathetic agenda.

Its like asking WHY dont 'Moderate' Muslims speak out against hamas when they killed a dozen and israel killed 1300 and tore down Gaza.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

look up old ATS topics where people Have posted the Links,
i am on my lunch break from work so i dont have the time to do that,

i would have thought you would have seen the topics already where Phoenix, masonwatcher and others have posted links where others have asked the same question you have.

A google search on Muslims Condeming terrorist attacks is an example
you will get one of Iranians holding a Candle vigal for the people of 9/11

But if you really want i can look up all the topics that have been posted over the last few years on ATS and post them here for you? (when i get back from work)

[edit on 14-2-2009 by bodrul]

new topics

top topics

join