It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness phone survey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I received a phone call last night from the NJ Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness. They were conducting a survey of homes to see how prepared we are in case of a disaster. This is the first time I have ever heard of this. I cut them off and ended the call when they started asking about firearms in the home. Here are the questions I was asked.

Do you keep a supply of drinking water in the home? If yes estimate how many weeks supply you have.

How many weeks/months food supply do you have in the house?
Do you maintain a seperate supply of can goods in case of a disaster?

Do you own a generator?

Does your home have a basement for shelter?
Estimate how many people could fit in the basement.

Do you have firearms in the home?

Something did not feel right when they asked about firearms and did not answer. I started asking them questions like what this is all about and what having firearms has to do with being prepared for a disaster. The person on the phone said they were not sure and they were just a student from Rutgers univeristy that was being paid to conduct the survey and they had a list of prepared questions. I told him I did not have time for it and ended the call.

Has anyone else received a call like this? This call sent a chill up my spine. Do they know something is going to happen and want to see how prepared we are? I am creeped out by this.

I asked some people at my work and I know of one other person in NJ that got a similar call. Any other states conducting this survey?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Is there anyone in Rutgers University or anyone thant knows how to find out who sponsored the survey? I just got a phone call the other day about how they are giving out free vaccinations, and asking about vaccination history.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Rutgers to do survey on emergency prepardeness[/ex

New Brunswick -- Rutgers University researchers will conduct random telephone surveys over the next several months with thousands of residents across New Jersey to determine how prepared residents believe they are to respond to an emergency and evacuate the area in the event of a natural disaster or terrorist attack.

www.nj.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Amazing. I can't believe these people and their damn polls.The indiscreet and deceptive way to find out about it's citizens. The same people who claim civility, morals and ethically correct behavior are nothing more than lying, cheating, deceitful and evil people.

Should of told them yu rbasement hold 40,000 people and you have an arsenal to supply them all with weapons and food for years

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Register your phone number with the National Do Not Call Registry. (www.donotcall.gov) I'm not 100% sure it stops survey calls, but since I registered my phone number I have not gotten 1 survey call, and I used to get them all the time.

I live in NJ and no one has called anyone I know of... yet.

top topics

join