It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Report : UFOs are From Other Planets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
After receiving the Estimate, the chief of Air Force intelligence, apparently feeling there was no conclusive evidence of the nature or origin of UFO's responded:

The conclusion appears inescapable that some type of flying object has been observed. Identification and the origin of these objects is not discernible to this Headquarters. It is imperative, therefore, that efforts to determine whether these objects are of domestic or foreign origin must be increased until conclusive evidence is obtained
www.project1947.com...

Colonel Howard McCoy, the boss of project Sign's director replied:

In view of the above, the following conclusions are drawn:

a. In the majority of cases reported, observers have actually sighted some type of flying object which they cannot classify as an aircraft within the limits of their personal experience.

b. There is as yet no conclusive proof that unidentified flying objects, other than those which are known to be balloons, are real aircraft.

c. Although it is obvious that some types of flying objects have been sighted, the exact nature of those objects cannot be established until physical evidence, such as that which would result from a crash, has been obtained.
www.project1947.com...

It seems that the Estimate included the possibility of an extraterrestrial origin for UFO's but, judging by what McCoy had to say about it, it did not actually conclude that was the case.

[edit on 2/14/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

www.project1947.com...

11. It is not considered advisable to present to the press information
on those objects which we cannot yet identify or about which we cannot pre-
sent any reasonable conclusions. In the event that they insist on some
kind of a statement, it is suggested that they be informed that many of
the objects sighted have been identified as weather balloons or astral
bodies, and that investigation is being pursued to determine reasonable
explanations for the others.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
The report mentioned in the article in the OP which was rejected and destroyed by General Hoyt Vandenberg was called the "Estimate of the Situation". .

How did you figure these documents are one-in-the-same, UFO Reality?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Probably ill advised but understandable in the post war years. People were looking to the military for answers. They had none.

"What the heck are them things folks are seeing?"

"um...Dunno."

[edit on 2/14/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree post WWII people were still afraid and after all the horror and bloodshed to tell the American people that

"We are not in control of our own airspace and that there is not a damned thing we can do to stop the unknown 5% of them from violating our airspace"

Also the fact that we were in the heights of the cold war and they could be Russian Nuclear bombers and we could not stop them?

Not a good thing to admit.

[edit on 14-2-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
I am a believer who became a skeptic. I have seen two UFOs since my "conversion," dramatic sightings at that.

Oh I get it now, you're trying to 'convert' us to your little cult; just the way you did. Obviously, so you can feel more assured about your own beliefs and attitude, much like when religious people try to convert others, so they can feel more assured.

Nice try, but your cult isn't that appealing to most people.

What are your credentials to say my convictions are wrong? What about you, RFBurns? Or you, Majorion?

My credentials? .. well let me just provide the same inadequate answer you did; when asked the same question, and quote:

My credentials are the same as anyone else on this board

Yet you act as if you're the beacon of light, mr. all knowledgable, all trustworthy, full of credentials, the savior, blabla

Go save yourself first will ya, .. pitiful really.

Oh that's right, you hypocrites are believers

So now we're hypocrites?

Forgive me for harboring an opinion that differs from yours.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Aw man that would so suck, lol!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Majorion, the topic is not me. I politely asked for you and others to stop trying to make it about me.

Please, tell us what your thoughts on the Project Sign document or the subtopic of the truth being more alien than the common beliefs regarding UFOs.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
Religion is a construct of primitive civilizations to be abandoned when entering galactic society.

You may be on to something here, sort of. It may be that religion is a pure human construct. There are some researchers studying the human brain and psychology than humans may be predisposed on a biological level to create religions. This article discusses that possibility at length.

Given this, extraterrestrials may have no concept of religion. Even if religion is not driven by human biology there is still no reason to assume extraterrestrials would practice religion; it is experiences, culturally and socially, of humans on Earth that lead to us creating our beliefs, experiences that other intelligences may not have encountered.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

It's funny you posted a link to an article from 'new scientist'.
Remember those plasma critters I was telling you about? perhaps you should take a look at what 'scientists' have discovered.

Here's the links to 'new scientist' regarding plasma life forms and what-have-you;

Plasma blobs hint at new form of life

Could alien life exist in the form of DNA-shaped dust?

And here are some additional 'trusted' sources for you;

Dark Plasma Theory

Boffins simulate plasma-eating dusty 'life-forms'

Plasma Aliens

Hot Gas in Space Mimics Life

Life-Like Qualities of Plasma

And I find this one, especially interesting;

Jinns: Plasma Aliens from a Parallel Earth

For the record, I've seen them myself.

[edit on 14/2/09 by Majorion]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

My credentials are my own experience, my own sightings, my own photographs and films over the last 40 years, and my own beliefs.

They are good enough for me, and thats all that matters.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Please, tell us what your thoughts on the Project Sign document or the subtopic of the truth being more alien than the common beliefs regarding UFOs.

My thoughts on Project Sign, which was a total sham, was intended for two things.

1. Divert attention away from and replace with plausible and explainable simplicity...ie swamp gas...Venus...flock of birds.

2. Deny what is known and play dumb.

Which led to the infamous Project Blue Book, another loose goose project that was a continuation of the previous project, just more emphasis added.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Which led to the infamous Project Blue Book, another loose goose project that was a continuation of the previous project, just more emphasis added.

Which Then led to the infamous Condon Report; which was also another sham.

Dr Edward Condon exhibited a biased attitude from the start. Anyone who even takes one look at that guy's face, can see easily see through him.

Here, I'll quote him;

Just three months into the study he gave a speech saying: "It is my inclination right now to recommend that the government get out of this business. My attitude right now is that there's nothing to it....but I'm not supposed to reach a conclusion for another year".

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

One last time; the subject is not me, Majorion. Discuss the subjects at hand, not me. This is the last time I will ask.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
1. Divert attention away from and replace with plausible and explainable simplicity...ie swamp gas...Venus...flock of birds.

2. Deny what is known and play dumb.

As much is said in the documents found by Phage and Slayer. It is clear they sought to write off sightings they could not readily explain; though I suspect it may be for very different reasons, given the atmosphere of the day, than you seem to be implying.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The cabal/military have nothing to disclose eh

I am so absolutely furious at the dates, that article was 35 years ago, and the report much older. As an experiencer and someone who knows for a fact that greys exist as do nordics, and from my earliest memories of some kind of joint program know that the nazis run things in the US for years that this is still being covered up, debated and non-disclosed makes me

To think of all the people being treated like serfs from the dark ages, killed for profit in too numerous ways to count, or starved to death as if they are worthless, dying without their galactic neighbors envoy, without true knowledge of the galaxy, as slaves, treated by absolute contempt by this ugly RENEGADE CARTEL that believes its privy to this technology and wealth of knowledge....

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I would like to thank the origional poster for having started this thread. It is informative in my opinion and is going to get a flag and a star from me for adding merit to the discussion of UFO's on the ATS wenbsite.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
you should not believe them

people want to believe in Aliens so the govt can come forward and say this because it easily distracts peoples attention away from the secret earth-made craft being developed here

thats what roswell was

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
Forgive me for harboring an opinion that differs from yours.

Ironically, that appears to the very thing that SaviourComplex has done, in order to get you so insolent towards him.

He has an opinion, and asked a question that I thought completely normal. All this hostility towards him for that.

Great for all of you.... now that *IS* pitiful, really.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

Coming from a person, whom evidently worships the devil.

Kindly keep to yourself. I don't recall ever asking for your opinion or dialing toll-free 666.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join