It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Report : UFOs are From Other Planets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by Angus123

What SaviorComplex means is that the government or military may not have anything to really disclose. They may not have any alien craft or bodies. That is a possibility to ponder when we all ask for disclosure.

I, for one, do believe the government/military does have something alien in their possession. I do not think they have it at Area 51, but in a secret location at a otherwise normal military base. There are many old documents that when added up and combined indicate something is going on.

Or perhaps they do have a lot more knowledge then we do, it does not take a lot of imagination to figure out some potential revelations that would alter our way of life like never before.

Just for fun lets imagine if any or all of these were found to be true via Alien interaction.

-There is no afterlife.

-Religion is a construct of primitive civilizations to be abandoned when entering galactic society.

-Humans are a seeded lifeform only useful to terraform planets. Once the real owners show up we are tossed away.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
What if the truth is not what you expect?

That's very interesting Savior, I wonder if you could shed some light on your definition of the truth you seem to speak with such certainty about.

Are you leaving us out of the equation? .. please, there's no need for secrecy here fellow ATSer.

IMHO the "TRUTH" is the reality of our set of beliefs that lead us towards our specific goals. The "TRUTH" is the reality of traditionalized morals and ethical beliefs we were raised to believe. It is the way things are instead of how we see things as they are or how we think they are through our individual tinted looking glass. The "TRUTH" is reality and the way it is as compared to the way we expect it and think it is.

"TRUTH" is what goes on behind the scenes of life and within our perspective ways of thinking. "TRUTH" is reality without perspective molding beliefs. "TRUTH" is the way it is...... Without any kind of bias whatsoever regardless of opinion and tradition.......

[edit on 13-2-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

VERY VERY WELL PUT! It could very well end up like this and I lean towards your description more than I am comfortably willing.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I sit here and shake my head to be honest with you. Over 60 years since Roswell alone and there is still arguments over are the ships real, are Aliens real.

I'll tell you one thing I know why "they" consider the human species a stupid species.

As you should know by now that there are many species other then human right here, many being in the deepest of our waters. They have been here since the beginning of time and they are Terrestrial just as much as they are Extraterrestrial since they are able to survive within our waters and in space.

They have no interest on our lands because they can not survive on them due to there being to much Oxygen in our air....but I have written this many times but what do I know

If they want to contact you they can very easily and in any language spoken on the Planet. Instead of doing the Seti thingy I suggest you look in the opposite direction in the deepest of our waters and maybe use low frequency wave lengths.

Marianna Trench and the Puerto Trench might be good areas to start with.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by observe50]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

That's very interesting Savior, I wonder if you could shed some light on your definition of the truth you seem to speak with such certainty about.

Actually, if you will notice I asked a question, I did not offer one truth over another, so I was not speaking with any "certainty" as you put it about any truth.

Originally posted by RFBurns
Humans can handle anything. If we couldnt, I dont think the human race would have survived this long.

It is not humans in general I am talking about. It is the UFO believers. Each is convinced they know the absolute truth. While the specifics of what this truth may be varies from believer to believer, it seem akin to mainstream science-fiction.

Insofar as extraterrestrials visitation and government cover-ups are concerned, KidFlash was the closest to describing my attitudes about it. There is nothing for the government to disclose, at least about aliens; there may be other truths regarding UFOs the government is hiding, right or wrong.

However, if we are not alone and extraterrestrials are visiting the Earth, I doubt it is anything near what the the "typical" UFO believer thinks. I think the truth would be closer to something out of the imagination of an HP Lovecraft, Stainslaw Lem or a John Wyndham.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Nice Find

Thanks for sharing

Saludos

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
Just for fun lets imagine if any or all of these were found to be true via Alien interaction.
-There is no afterlife.

Just for fun: why do you think aliens would be able to know this?

Religion is a construct of primitive civilizations to be abandoned when entering galactic society.

I do think religion is a construct of primitive civilizations, but why would they force people to abandon it?

On the other hand, if religions are really just a bunch of make believe stories and aren't required for the species or society to function, shouldn't they be abandoned?

Humans are a seeded lifeform only useful to terraform planets. Once the real owners show up we are tossed away.

Well I doubt that's the case, otherwise they would have "tossed us away" long time ago, before we started really damaging the Planet.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Interesting thread! I have not heard of this report before and am hopeful to hear the developments on it!

Kudos OP

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I did not offer one truth over another, so I was not speaking with any "certainty" as you put it about any truth.

Really?..Should I quote you from the very same post?

KidFlash was the closest to describing my attitudes about it. There is nothing for the government to disclose, at least about aliens;

It seems that you stated your own pretty darn certain version of truth in the very same post. Care to show us one shred of a single piece of solid evidence to support this claim.

I think the truth would be closer to something out of the imagination of an HP Lovecraft,

HP Lovecraft cites his reasons for his own limited imagination. Apparently, anyone who believes something other than what HE believes, they are 'inferior' and quote;

It is only the inferior thinker who hastens to explain the singular and the complex by the primitive shortcut of supernaturalism

Wouldn't be surprised to find out that he's a zionist.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It seems that you stated your own pretty darn certain version of truth in the very same post.

You accused me of proffering a certain viewpoint because I asked a question; I demonstrated how I had done no such thing. Yes, I did forward a viewpoint in a later post; however, at the time of your condescending post, I had done no such thing.

Care to show us one shred of a single piece of solid evidence to support this claim.

That is not the topic at hand.

HP Lovecraft cites his reasons for his own limited imagination. Apparently, anyone who believes something other than what HE believes, they are 'inferior' and quote;

It is only the inferior thinker who hastens to explain the singular and the complex by the primitive shortcut of supernaturalism

Wouldn't be surprised to find out that he's a zionist.

You speak with profound ignorance of Lovecraft and his works. Here is a brief but concise summary of his literary philosophy:

Though hostile to religion, Lovecraft used various "gods" in his stories, particularly the Cthulhu related tales, to expound cosmicism. However, Lovecraft never conceived of them as supernatural; they are merely extraterrestrials who understand and obey a set of natural laws, which to the limited human understanding seem magical. These beings (the Great Old Ones, Outer Gods and others)—though dangerous to humankind—are neither good nor evil, and human notions of morality have no meaning for these beings. Indeed, they exist in cosmic realms beyond human understanding. As a symbol, they represent the kind of universe that Lovecraft believed in, a universe in which humanity is an insignificant blot, fated to come and go, its appearance unnoticed and its passing unmourned.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

It is the UFO believers. Each is convinced they know the absolute truth. While the specifics of what this truth may be varies from believer to believer, it seem akin to mainstream science-fiction.

Revealling one's own bias on the subject perhaps? Who, exactly are these "UFO-believers"? And what exactly are their convictions? I assume you should have some quite valuable insight, considering what appears to be a very much confident view on the matter.

And by all means, don't be afraid to share your credentials on the subject at hand. It should help shed some light as to the basis of your own convictions.

[edit on 13/2/09 by Durden]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
Revealing one's own bias on the subject perhaps?

Absolutely. I admit I am a skeptic. I will not parse it or downplay it. I am a skeptic.

Who, exactly are these "UFO-believers"?

They know who they are. It seems on this board, despite the preponderance of believers, they are scared to admit what they are; they hide behind labels such as "open-minded" and do not acknowledge they are as biased and closed-minded as anyone else.

And what exactly are their convictions? I assume you should have some quite valuable insight, considering what appears to be a very much confident view on the matter.

And by all means, don't be afraid to share your credentials on the subject at hand. It should help shed some light as to the basis of your own convictions.

My credentials are the same as anyone else on this board. As for my own personal experience; I have studied this phenomenon for almost two decades. I am a believer who became a skeptic. I have seen two UFOs since my "conversion," dramatic sightings at that.

Now, since I have been so kind...return the favor. What are your credentials to demand mine? What are your credentials to say my convictions are wrong? What about you, RFBurns? Or you, Majorion?

Oh that's right, you hypocrites are believers, so you do not have to provide credentials...only skeptics do.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Absolutely. I admit I am a skeptic. I will not parse it or downplay it. I am a skeptic.

Well good for you, however being sceptical and scrutinizing a subject is hardly equal to having one's mind made up, now does it? Unless you'd like to share actual evidence - and/or credentials offering some particular insight - supporting what you're suggesting:

It is the UFO believers. Each is convinced they know the absolute truth.

Which is also why I asked you to offer some actual substance which might lend some guidance as to on what exactly you base your very clear convictions here. Judging from your reply, this however seemed to be a sensitive subject:

They know who they are. It seems on this board, despite the preponderance of believers, they are scared to admit what they are; they hide behind labels such as "open-minded" and do not acknowledge they are as biased and closed-minded as anyone else.

I'm sorry, but this line of reasoning does little to help your argument.

My credentials are the same as anyone else on this board.

So what you're offering is nothing but a very much personal opinion. Fair enough. You should realize however that actual scrutiny works both ways.

As for my own personal experience; I have studied this phenomenon for almost two decades. I am a believer who became a skeptic. I have seen two UFOs since my "conversion," dramatic sightings at that.

This may actually explain your viewpoint and why this appears to be such a touchy subject for you. Have you considered the possibility that this personal history of yours may render your own arguments to be less than rational to a certain degree? Leading to biased and unsubstantiated comments based on your personal frustrations?

Now, since I have been so kind...return the favor. What are your credentials to demand mine?

There there, as you might notice reading my post again, I merely requested further information that might help support your claims. Why do you feel you need my credentials for such a request? Do you feel threatened by such questions for some reason? I'm certainly not out to get you here. If you'd like to know, I don't believe I have more knowledge of the UFO phenomena than anyone else. Nor have I had any personal experiences in the matter. I do however believe it to be an interesting subject.

What are your credentials to say my convictions are wrong?

Where have I claimed your convictions to be wrong? Do you believe them to be wrong?

Oh that's right, you hypocrites are believers, so you do not have to provide credentials...only skeptics do.

And so finally you resort to calling me a hypocrite. Do I need to say such comments hardly helps your argument either?

[edit on 14/2/09 by Durden]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

What if the truth is not what you expect? Will you accept it? Will you be able to handle it?

Ask yourself the same question.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Well good for you, however being sceptical and scrutinizing a subject is hardly equal to having one's mind made up, now does it?

Never said it did.

Unless you'd like to share actual evidence - and/or credentials offering some particular insight - supporting what you're suggesting.. I asked you to offer some actual substance which might lend some guidance as to on what exactly you base your very clear convictions here.

I would suggest reviewing this link, then tell me if people are not convinced they know the absolute truth.

So what you're offering is nothing but a very much personal opinion.

Insofar as this thread is concerned, I never said anything otherwise.

Fair enough. You should realize however that actual scrutiny works both ways.

Never said it didn't.

Why do you feel you need my credentials for such a request?

If you are going to demand someone prove they are qualified to give their opinion, it is only fair you do the same.

Where have I claimed your convictions to be wrong?

Not in so many words. It is in the implication that somehow I may not be qualified to discuss the subjects here.

And so finally you resort to calling me a hypocrite. Do I need to say such comments hardly helps your argument either?

You have demonstrated you are a hypocrite. After demanding a person's credentials, you refuse to produce your own and tell us you do not have to.

Why do you feel you need my credentials for such a request?

I have an idea, instead of discussing my personality, why don't we discuss the topic? Do you think the truth is closer to the general mythology around this subject or in stranger realms?

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The report mentioned in the article in the OP which was rejected and destroyed by General Hoyt Vandenberg was called the "Estimate of the Situation". It was written in 1948 by people in Project Sign including the the project's director at the time. I agree with it's conclusion.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Myself and others have seen various UFOs over the years,here are a few I have seen.

Blacker than black triangular craft hovering about 80 metres above a field in broad daylight

Another craft with lights on that looked like a normal plane with navigational lights on at very high alltitude at 23.00 hours that suddenly changed direction and accelerated away so quickly out of sight it left a long blur in the direction it went

Last month coming back from work there was another craft with four big lights on it(red/orange/grean/white) hovering over a field just a mile or so away from where I live.It was about 20 metres above a field and I couldnt make out a shape in the dark.
I flashed my car lights at it as I came close to it at a junction on the road(the craft must have been still above my car as I changed directions and wound the windows down to listen as I drove slowly to a place just around a corner I could safely stop the car)I could hear nothing,and when I stopped it wasnt there anymore.For a good 30 to 40 seconds when I was driving in the same direction the lights were very big and spaced apart in a perfect straight line.
The next day I drove slowly past and looked to see the field in more detail,nearby were sheep and llamas in another field.

Why am I saying all this-the reason being that Saviour and others seem to think that the UFO subject is not real.I can put my hand on my heart and confirm all I have seen(dont do drugs,hardly drink)

I have NO reason to believe that Aliens were flying these craft,they might have been easily flown by joint USAF and RAF pilots.I can not rule out they were not flown by Aliens either.From the silent engines,hovering and damm near warp speed acceleration who ever is flying these craft are using craft far advanced from our Eurofighters and whatever top toy the top guns over the pond fly.

From the thousands of sightings worldwide,some involving Pilots,police,army.ex presidents there has to be a few UFOS seen that were real!
its the same with alien abductions,not all of them are liars or simply dreamt it up!There has to be truth in some of them,no matter how small the numbers that would mean we are being visited by other races from other planets

Timothy Goode and countless other researchers have interviewed many serving navy/army/airforce personal who have told them aliens are flying these craft.All these people interviewed can not be compulsive liars.

I realy cant understand how people can be blind to the UFO subject?Perhaps their science is their blinkers like the bible is to Darwin

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

reply to post by Durden

Well first off if you two cant stop arguing I'll turn this thread around and we will go right back home.

Great post. I'm sorry as much of a want to believe type of a guy and although I have seen many reports in the past and many preinternet there really is no proof to their validity.

It does however seem to show that there has been research done by the Government and they do admit it. so I dunno

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I would say this is true based off the fact that for us to have created our own crafts, we would have had to have built off a model (most likely not of this planet). With all the lies being told today, why not believe one that seems the most likely to be true?

I firmly believe even if its a small percentage that some crafts are indeed extraterrestrial and others of course are black ops military crafts.

Boils down to the fact that the universe it too big for it to be just us. Yet when most people think about aliens visiting this planet they shut it down quickly. It's like signing a contract then saying never mind.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I do believe the main reason we do not have any disclosure is not that the people aren't ready, it is that the governments and bureaucrats aren't ready. If it is known that we have been visited by aliens who consider themselves Alpha Centaurians, we are going to start referring to ourselves as Terrans, and then whatever state or nation we belong to. The governments and bureaucrats love their power structure and do not want to get rid of it. It has nothing to do with spiritual or religious beliefs, as many of them hint at extraterrestrial life forms. The simple answer is bureaucracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join