It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Report : UFOs are From Other Planets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Mornin' Forumerions!

In 1974, physicist Dr. Arlen Zander said,

"UFOs should be taken seriously . . . in September of 1948 Project Sign issued a top secret status report and the conclusions of this status report was that UFOs are truly extraterrestrial craft."

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Warren

"UFOs should be taken seriously . . . in September of 1948 Project Sign issued a top secret status report and the conclusions of this status report was that UFOs are truly extraterrestrial craft."

Do you have the report?

The link is not working for me (a problem with my work machine, not the website), so pardon if this question is answered at the link.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

The link takes you to this newspaper article, which states that all the copies of the report were destroyed:

Hope this helps.

[edit on 13/2/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I had a look for Dr Arlen Zander and found his Biography. It's not entirely clear why he is quoted in the article above. The article seems inconclusive, doesn't offer any sources and has a tenuous context.

Is there anymore information or links?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So, what we have here is yet another story without anything substantive to back it up.

Back to square one.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Good post Frank

There was also this interesting letter featured at the link although I couldn't find any details regarding its authenticity:

Enlarged:
3.bp.blogspot.com...(INS)+ 5-23-1955+(Crpd).jpg

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Mornin' K-12

Originally posted by karl 12

Good post Frank

There was also this interesting letter featured at the link although I couldn't find any details regarding its authenticity:

Thanks!

The Kilgallen story is valid in the sense that it was reported in the papers (initially by Kilgallen) and she stood behind it, up until her . . . what some called mysterious demise.

If memory serves, I believe there was some names offered up in supposition as to whom the mystery man was . . ..

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is some pretty interesting stuff everyone, yet i am not surprised. Last night a radio show i listen to once in a while had some interesting views on government knowledge of extra-terrestrial space craft. I wonder if our governments would ever decide to come clean with all the knowledge they have. I also wonder if society could handle it.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earth Guardian
I wonder if our governments would ever decide to come clean with all the knowledge they have. I also wonder if society could handle it.

I have a better question.

What if the truth is not what you expect? Will you accept it? Will you be able to handle it?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

That is a good question. I probably will never get a chance to answer it in my lifetime.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Do you have the report?

We may...though of course, like all such docs, the authenticity is debatable....

www.majesticdocuments.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by Earth Guardian
I wonder if our governments would ever decide to come clean with all the knowledge they have. I also wonder if society could handle it.

What if the truth is not what you expect? Will you accept it? Will you be able to handle it?

What do you mean?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Excellent find, Mr Warren. I do hope more information does get found, but it is interesting to find the older articles before the internet. Some have good information in them. I wonder what the motive would be for a major newspaper to carry a story if there was not a kernel of truth? The National Enquirer was into UFOs big time, and the major papers did not want to mess with a story unless they had something to back it up.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

What SaviorComplex means is that the government or military may not have anything to really disclose. They may not have any alien craft or bodies. That is a possibility to ponder when we all ask for disclosure.

I, for one, do believe the government/military does have something alien in their possession. I do not think they have it at Area 51, but in a secret location at a otherwise normal military base. There are many old documents that when added up and combined indicate something is going on.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

What if the truth is not what you expect?

That's very interesting Savior, I wonder if you could shed some light on your definition of the truth you seem to speak with such certainty about.

Are you leaving us out of the equation? .. please, there's no need for secrecy here fellow ATSer.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Humans can handle anything. If we couldnt, I dont think the human race would have survived this long.

Never put such lack of faith in humanity's ability to overcome and adapt.

There will be a few that will go crazy, probably those who dont open their minds to the possibilites, the rest will have no problems with whatever the truth turns out to be...they are already self preparing themselves for it. The others...well they will continue to live inside that padded box of status quo comfy cozy zone and most likely will not be able to handle it, no matter what the truth is.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Although this has been addressed in other threads...IMO...

1) It will not be the US govt. that admits to any "force" or "being" greater than itself. The ramifications are obvious.

2) The majority (not all) of ufo reports are more than likely man-made crafts. Whether they be the result of reverse engineering or not...

3) The US Govt. takes complete advantage of the whole UFO phenom. In fact fueling the speculation all the while utilizing it as a diversion or in effort to "cover their own tracks"

4) When the time arrives (and I believe it will) the whole world will know the truth in less than a day. It will be profound, it will be definitive and it will be the end of this and many other discussions. Our govt...the worlds govts.... and civilization as a whole will be humbled...

Ironic is it not? We have spent trillions fighting wars amongst ourselves (human race) When the time comes to defend our planet... then what?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Enlarged:
3.bp.blogspot.com...(INS)+ 5-23-1955+(Crpd).jpg

"This sensational information..."

"after having examined the remains of a mysterious air-ship of conventional form-"

"It is embarrassing to admit it but..."

The language of the letter is emotive, the grammar is poor. Deteriorated image, 'authentic' typeset etc. It reminds me of the Disneyland photos that are in sepia tones. The mis-typed letters aren't consistent. If I'm wrong here I'd ask that my "name be not revealed her."

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by glimmerman

Ironic is it not? We have spent trillions fighting wars amongst ourselves (human race) When the time comes to defend our planet... then what?

...or had we not invested trillions in destructive technologies and had the arms race we would be sitting ducks?

Good post OP, interesting stuff, I just hate that it's always the juicy stuff that's been destroyed... how convenient
Hopefully the next rekease of now unclassified MOD UFO files contains more than the last garbage they "declassified"... seem's more like they got a bunch of school kid's on an english assignment to write the last lot.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Pr0t0]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Truly correct. I was just thinking that same thing because of all the theories and all the different takes on UFO's and aliens and all of it. I truly think we need to be willing to accept that any and everything we know could and might be wrong. Or basically accept change and expect the unexpected.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join