It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continental Crash 3407 - A Conspiracy? - 9/11 Widow - met w/ Obama Dead onboard

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The part about the entire thing that I find really odd is that the troopers aren't letting people take pictures or videos of the area.
www.nbcnewyork.com...

Also, new reports are indicating that the flight was on autopilot when it crashed.
www.nbcnewyork.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I love a healthy debate and to examine every every side, not just the ones that support your opinion. Through re-reading this entire thread not one debunker/disinformationist has addressed my question on page 2 of the two hour media blackout. I'm not going to retype my original post but the questions are exteramly curious by themselves even if there had been no one of note aboard the plane. In fact, when I made my original post on the other Buffalo Crash thread, we didn't know who was on the plane.

I'd appreciate those debunkers to take a serious look at this issue. I mean really, the only information news sources could get is footage off of youtube two hours after the incident? Please read my original post for additional questions on this single issue.

I believe it's of course too soon to make any definitive assesments but again, it's only healthy to look at every aspect. Critical thinking is invaluable to this website.

Not jumping for joy at all that there may be a conspiracy here. Human lives were lost. A true patriot was killed as well as a leader of human rights which is an issue I myself have been involved.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reported about an hour ago on fox news:

the plane was on autopilot which is against regulations when experiencing the kind of weather they had at the time.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

Autopilot? Is it normal for a plane to be on autopilot when it is about to land. and why did the story change from nose dive to belly flop. Unlike AA77 , 3407 did not disintegrate

mefeedia.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Perhaps that’s how long it took to verify that the crash in the small community of Clarence Center was the missing aircraft. Initial reports here were that it was a private plane that crashed. This is probably due to the fact that many people can’t tell the difference between a small turbo-prop commuter plane and a private plane. Pus it was dark and there was fog.

To be honest, I didn't even know about it until the next day. My friend said she heard the news about the private plane, then went to bed. I live about a mile from the airport. I can verify the weather reports that we were experiencing icing on the ground.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
something is wrong....

autopilot is still engaged at the moment of the crash but the plane crashes virtually in the opposite direction of the approach!?#

Seems a bit odd

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
FWIW, I live in the immediate area, I have no cable so I have been inundated with the local reports.

As I stated in the other thread, Mr Chealanders comment about icing being the perfect crime intrigued me(his words, not mine..and I'm on dialup so I can't feasibly search for that clip)

At no point have I heard Mr. Chealander say it was on autopilot. What he did say, was that the "auto-shaker and auto-push" were activated. Again At no point did I hear him say it was on auto-pilot. He stated that the ILS was activated, which I believe is not the same thing as "auto-pilot"(pilots? is this true?)

He stated that the pilot did in FACT apply throttle and the plane achieved full throttle. Now I'm sure one of the pilots on this forum will correct me if I am incorrect here, but the auto-pilot system cannot apply the throttles to full power.

He also stated that the plane may have been experiencing "tail-stall" due to icing, and that the stall would have been exacerbated.(This may be backwards as even he had to check his notes at times..the backwards part being my error here ie: not "tail-stall", but "wing-stall")by the application of the controls.

I have also not seen any witnesses stated that it was on fire before hitting the ground. I heard the gentleman who was driving when it came down in front of him, and that he had to crane forward to see it and he did not state it was on fire.

The state police did in fact state that they HAD arrested someone for breaching the perimeter, and that the individuals purpose was to take pictures. But that is not what he was arrested for. He was arrested for breaching the perimeter. They are showing clips of people who had taken many pictures the evening of the crash and these people are reviewing their pictures still on their cameras for the news crews. So, if that one individual was arrested for taking pictures...why not the others? Follow the logic?

Again this all based on my aging memory, and as I said we have been inundated with this on our local broadcast channels

TheWelder

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

Originally posted by sueloujo
something is wrong....

autopilot is still engaged at the moment of the crash but the plane crashes virtually in the opposite direction of the approach!?#

Seems a bit odd

The turboprop, flying through light snow and mist, crashed belly first into the house, with the aircraft's nose pointed away from the airport.
Investigators did not offer an explanation, but the orientation raised the possibility that the pilot was fighting an icy airplane. Possible explanations are that the aircraft was spinning or flipped upon impact. Source

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWelder

The state police did in fact state that they HAD arrested someone for breaching the perimeter, and that the individuals purpose was to take pictures. But that is not what he was arrested for. He was arrested for breaching the perimeter. They are showing clips of people who had taken many pictures the evening of the crash and these people are reviewing their pictures still on their cameras for the news crews. So, if that one individual was arrested for taking pictures...why not the others? Follow the logic?

Again this all based on my aging memory, and as I said we have been inundated with this on our local broadcast channels

TheWelder

The other pictures were taken before the perimeter was set. This guy was arrested for breaching the perimeter. There was not perimeter set when the other pictures were taken.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

The other pictures were taken before the perimeter was set. This guy was arrested for breaching the perimeter. There was not perimeter set when the other pictures were taken.

The perimeter was established shortly after the crash, some of my personal friends were first responders and said it was very difficult to control the situation immediately after, due to the fact that other private residences are mere yards away.

They are also showing pictures from people who were allowed in after the perimeter was tightened, homeowners and such who were allowed back in to retrieve personal items from their houses.

They also arrested someone who drove up to the checkpoint and got belligerent about not being allowed in.
Why?
He was DWI..lol. There are some real sharp people out there.

TheWelder

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Mr. Chealander is on right now on my local channel. The reason for the perimeter defense is due to the local family's outrage over the news crews and the pictures being displayed on the front page of the local paper. These people have been removed from their houses and are not happy about people creeping around their houses for pictures.

TheWelder

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wings Iced up pilots were heard saying this on the flight recorder no conspiracy here people, MOTHER NATURE struck back!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWelder

Ok, I think I may have misunderstood. What channel are you watching? I have Time Warner Cable.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Nevermind, found it on channel4

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWelder
These people have been removed from their houses

By what authority can they order people to leave their homes? Good luck for the homeowners finding their guns when they get back.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I heard about it shortly after it happened. According to the story, the windshield and the tips of the wings were icing up. This was reported to air traffic control and the pilots requested to drop to 16,000 feet. They were approximately 5 miles from the airport when the crash occurred. The pilots had engaged the deicing switch, then asked if they could go to 12,000 feet, they received the O.K. It was hazy at 12,000 feet so they actually descended to 11,000 ft. They then placed the landing gear down. Upon the landing gear engaging the plane went into a pitch and roll. The pilots could not regain control and the aircraft crashed approx. 30 seconds later. They were loaded with fuel so there was a huge explosion on impact. The flames were 50-100 feet high and the entire sky was lit up orange.

Sorry, no conspiracy here. Really bad weather a pilots worst nightmare(ice)
brought down this plane. It is truly tragic that Bev Echert (sp) was aboard.
I believe that was just unfortunate circumstances.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
something is wrong....

autopilot is still engaged at the moment of the crash but the plane crashes virtually in the opposite direction of the approach!?

Seems a bit odd

Indeed. I can't figure out how a plane could stall due to icing, go into a pitch and roll, but still crash right side up.

Originally posted by inforeal
There are black ops that are certain: 911, Kennedy murder, Oklahoma City, etc... And there are always those with little evidence we can only speculate on.

You see these people do overkill to make a point; they would easily murder 48 people just to get at one to make their point, as in 911 the murder of three thousand people just to make a statement.

Absolutely right.

[edit on 15-2-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electricgypsy
Wings Iced up pilots were heard saying this on the flight recorder no conspiracy here people, MOTHER NATURE struck back!!!!

NTSB ..no indication of severe icing as of yet.

And you said it with such conviction.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

They had the de-icer engaged 11 mins into their flight. These planes are capable in much tougher weather.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'll give what they just released.

They 2 hr delay was due to wind gusts in the NY/NJ area of up to 57mph

Icing was turned on 11mins into the flight

Auto-pilot was used during flight(correcting myself)

Auto-pilot was disengaged by the initial upset

Auto-shake and auto-push were activated 26 seconds before end of recording

pitch and roll maximum numbers

31° pitch up -> 45° pitch down

then it rolled

left 46° -> 105° right

G-forces went from .75g's to 2g's

last radar hits were at 1800ft msl and 1000ft msl, it took 5secs to drop those 800ft

last plot was at 900ft msl, impact was at 650ft msl(mean sea level)

last air speed was 100knots

All blades from engine #2 recovered

4 of 6 blades from engine #1 recovered but #1 was incinerated, they believe no blades were lost during flight

reference speed switch was activated(adds 20 knots to combat stall)

flaps were set to 5

gear was dropped

flaps to 15( they are saying flaps only made it to 10)

shoot, I'm having a hard time keeping up.

Even though icing was activated, it does not mean that it was keeping the ice entirely off

Thats all I got

TheWelder

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join