It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Continental Crash 3407 - A Conspiracy? - 9/11 Widow - met w/ Obama Dead onboard

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
A 9/11 Widow - Beverly Eckert was on the Continental flight 3407, she met with Obama last week about 9/11. Now the plane went down mysteriously, with no explaination why and no sign of distress, before it just crashed to the ground?

link to article: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Fifty people lost their lives Thursday night when a Continental commuter flight from Newark, New Jersey crashed before landing in Buffalo, New York. Details remain scarce on whose lives were claimed. One victim confirmed dead is Beverly Eckert, a 9/11 widow who lobbied Congress to reform U.S. intelligence practices. Eckert had met with President Obama last week to discuss how his administration would be handling terror suspects.

Just last week, Eckert was at the White House with Barack Obama, part of a meeting the president had with relatives of those killed in the 2001 attacks and the bombing of the USS Cole to discuss how the new administration would handle terror suspects.

"She was such an important part of all of our work," said Mary Fetchet, another 9/11 family activist. She learned Eckert was aboard the plane from another close Eckert family friend now headed to Buffalo. Officials investigating the crash have not yet confirmed she was on board the plane.

you will find many comments, wondering if all the other people lost their life, for the govt. to get rid of one.

Was the plane shot down? I bet we will never know.

Why did the plane just take the dive without any communication about a problem ahead of time? Missle?

Interesting developments with a 9/11 widow - who met with Obama.

Do you think it could be a conspiracy?

more info now from eyewitness:

Witnesses heard the twin turboprop aircraft sputtering before it went down in light snow and fog around 10:20 p.m. Thursday about five miles from Buffalo Niagara International Airport. Continental Connection Flight 3407 from Newark, N.J., came in squarely through the roof of the house, its tail section visible through flames shooting at least 50 feet high.

"The whole sky was lit up orange," said Bob Dworak, who lives less than a mile away. "All the sudden, there was a big bang, and the house shook."

Erie County Emergency Coordinator David Bissonette said it appeared the plane "dove directly on top of the house."

from link: www.huffingtonpost.com...

[edit on 13-2-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
more information :

rfkjrforpresident.com...

Beverly Eckert was a key member of the now-defunct 9/11 Family Steering Committee, an offshoot of the Coalition for an Independent 9/11 Commission, which advocated the creation of an independent commission to investigate the intelligence failures that made 9/11 possible. The coalition represented a wide array of 9/11 families’ organizations, including Families of September 11, Sept. 11 Advocates (also known as “The Jersey Girls”), and Voices of September 11. Although the call for a commission was initially resisted by the Bush Administration, the coalition eventually prevailed in the creation of the 9/11 Commission.

Beverly cooperated with and monitored the 9/11 Commission, but later criticized the commission’s final report, claiming that commission members had only selective memories of all the evidence they had been presented. She also later complained publicly that many of the protective measures recommended by the 9/11 Commission were never implemented.

In 2006, Beverly was prominently featured in the 9/11 documentary film, On Native Soil, a must-see for anyone interested in learning the facts of that fateful day in our history.

Sounds like she was on top of investigating 9/11.

Most recently, Beverly joined forces with the ACLU in December 2008 to challenge the legitimacy of the Guantánamo military commissions and their ability to achieve justice.

Sadly, 8 1/2 years after the Sept. 11 tragedy, so many of the 9/11 commission’s recommendations have still not been implemented. So much of Beverly’s tireless effort was never fully and officcially recognized, except by those within the 9/11 Truth activist community, who saw her as one of their heroes.

Beverly Eckert was not a 9/11 Truther. She was not a conspiracy nut. She never wore a tinfoil hat or stood on a streetcorner with a bullhorn yelling, “9/11 Was An Inside Job!” She was a respectable insurance professional who lived a quiet, unassuming life with her beloved husband in Stamford, CT until 9/11 changed everything. She felt compelled to speak up and demand a REAL investigation and JUSTICE, as any reasonable, concerned American should. She always spoke eloquently and truthfully, never showing any flashes of temper, but plenty of righteous anger.

Does this last sentence, mean that the person writing it also believe the crash was due to Eckert being on board the plane?

It also reminds us to keep seeking the truth, and to never give up the fight for justice, despite forces who seek to oppose and silence us:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

read about this ... here is a similar article on the subject .... very possible conspiracy, yet then again could be a coincidence? maybe?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I'll say this, when I first heard about the crash I was thinking wow, thats horrible! Then, they released the widow info and that threw a whole new spin on how I felt about the crash. My first thought was ATS cause I knew someone here would be thinking along the same lines as myself. We'll never know, but I have some serious suspicions. They never made a mayday call for one, so that tells me that whatever happened up there it was quick and with little or no warning. Heres the radio transcript between the airport and the pilot of 3407. They were fine, then nothing..

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Probably a coincidence, BUT, could be a warning to Obama, to go easy on any investigation of 911, and Iraq related crimes.
Recall, many believe the Reagan assassination attempt was a warning to him, in that it occurred relatively early in his administration. Also recall he had talked about not putting Trilateral and CFR members in his administration.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The weather was not great in the area last night & IMO, this is just a case of bad weather bringing a plane down. It's sad that this woman never got the answers she was seeking, but I don't believe it was any conspiracy, just an unfortuate accident.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
Probably a coincidence, BUT, could be a warning to Obama, to go easy on any investigation of 911, and Iraq related crimes.
Recall, many believe the Reagan assassination attempt was a warning to him, in that it occurred relatively early in his administration. Also recall he had talked about not putting Trilateral and CFR members in his administration.

I'm with you on this one. If and that's a big IF this was brought down on purpose, I'd think it was to serve as a warning.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

So a plane can just go down without any distress call - free fall down - nothing from pilots?

Obama just mentioned her being dead and him meeting with her just 3 days ago... his heart goes out to her family and everyone else's onboard.

Sorry, something is suspious there!

But it will be covered up of course - if there was foul play

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by lynn112

So a plane can just go down without any distress call - free fall down - nothing from pilots?

Obama just mentioned her being dead and him meeting with her just 3 days ago... his heart goes out to her family and everyone else's onboard.

Sorry, something is suspious there!

But it will be covered up of course - if there was foul play

I know little about airplanes, but from what I have heard, yes, a little bit of ice built up on the wings of a turbo prop can bring the plane down. I don't know if the pilot would of know about the problem until the plane was going down, but I do know that there was freezing rain in the area & that it does cause problems for air traffic coming/going into Buffalo-Niagara International Airport.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

Sorry, but they have already said it was "above freezing" in the 30's on the ground.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but planes have continually flown in MUCH colder temps, besides when they are at 30000 feet up, the temps have to be VERY cold and sub zero. So at 16000 feet coming in for a landing, then all of a sudden ice builds up on the plane.......... No, sorry - they need to think of a "better" reason for the plane going down.

Also - see please an "edit" I made to the main post - just now.......

eyewitness -

sky lit up orange - before crash

that is NOT ice build up!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is why I would NEVER ride a Prop plane, never, ever not if they paid me. It was buildup of ice people. THey were already delayed 2 hours when they took off. Guys, turn the computer off and get outside today try to absorb some sunshine, I think cabin fever is setting in some of you.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
We are curious as to the specifics of the cause of the crash. The weather was pretty nasty here last night. We had mixed wet snow with ice. The plane was a pretty steep incline to only hit one house. Nose heavy maybe? We won't know for a while and by then most people will have forgotten it. Except for the friends and families. Prayers to all.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
When the plane crashed into the Hudson, they took a week to release the transcript of the cockpit conversation.

The plane crash this morning? The transcript was being played on CNN.

Both are suspicious. When a plane has icing problems, it loses lift and drops like a rock. The plane this morning sounded like a mechanical, possibly intentional.

Nothing is as it seems. Question authority, as time is short.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by lynn112

Sorry, but they have already said it was "above freezing" in the 30's on the ground.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but planes have continually flown in MUCH colder temps, besides when they are at 30000 feet up, the temps have to be VERY cold and sub zero. So at 16000 feet coming in for a landing, then all of a sudden ice builds up on the plane.......... No, sorry - they need to think of a "better" reason for the plane going down.

Also - see please an "edit" I made to the main post - just now.......

eyewitness -

sky lit up orange - before crash

that is NOT ice build up!

I've been watching the local news and saw the interview of the man who phoned 911 at the time of the accident. He never said anything about a fire or explosion until after the plane impacted so I'm ot sure where you are getting the mid-air explosion from.

Also, I've been on a plane with ice problems & know it can in fact happen. They even described on CNN how if the pilot over-used the boots on the wings, then ice can build up on the expanded boot. I just don't see a conspiracy here so I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Good point on the questioning authority advice.

Remember what happened to the people in the Twin Towers who listened to authority and stayed in their offices? I still cannot get over that, that people actually stayed in their offices after that first plane hit. No one could have stopped me from finding a way out of there or at least trying. Sorry didn't mean to get off topic.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Light travels faster than sound. It's possible that the sky lit up with the light from the explosion seconds before they heard it.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
so why no distress call..they are bound to have enough time to call for help.. its all a bit to clean ..

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Buffalo plane Crash: A convenient Crash?

Beverley Eckert who waived her compensation right to persue a Government investigation over the death of her Husband Sean Rooney into the 911 attacks is dead, she died in the Buffalo Plane crash. She set up the website 911voices (www.voicesofsept11.org... .php )to persue Government reforms and a FULL investigation into the Terror attacks of 911

She said before the crash "Her silence could not be bought" (www.commondreams.org... 0-04.htm)

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Bloody hell!

No one knows what happened yet, they've only just recovered the flight recorders.

How about settling down, put the roll of tinfoil away and have a little respect!

You're all like vultures hovering over head, just waiting for something like this to happen.

I mean it hasn't even been 24 hours yet!

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I find it very curious this incident happened when it did, taking all of the media oxygen away from the upcoming spending bill that will devastate the U.S. as we know it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join