It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impending crisis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The more threads I read about the financial collapse, martial law, states declaring their sovereignty and the general direction of the country the more skeptical I become of the truth. Does anyone else think that maybe there s some impending event other than financial collapse that is causing the government to prepare for martial law? Perhaps a comet/meteor, contact, attack from another country? It just seems that while financial collapse would be horrific, I'm not sure I believe the fema camps, implementation of martial law and all of the preparedness is not for some other expected event.

It in a way reminds me of the movie Deep Impact. The reporter(Tea Leoni) who discovers the comet originally believes she has uncovered an affair the president is having with a woman named elle. When brought to confront her about it ,the president makes a statement that they would be forced to reveal the truth because they could no longer "hide" the billions of dollars they were funneling to the project. She then realizes Ele is code for extinction level event and she realizes the truth. Now I am not saying a comet is the answer but it just feels like there is something that maybe all of us are missing. Something larger than we perceive now. A true reason for the preparing the public and governments for disaster. Or maybe I just have to much time to think.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The impending crisis is that the population will have zero confidence with the current economic system.

The financial system is based on confidence. Banks are insolvent and people in masses aren't paying their debts. The entire economy is dependent on credit and the lack of confidence behind the issuance of credit is starting to break the system. Once the system breaks down anything that has to do with U.S. currency, or any similar currency, will be viewed as worthless.

If the U.S. currency is viewed as worthless, so will the peoples faith in government.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't think we are facing any one event, but rather, a culmination of circumstances/events, that when pulled together, create a horrid situation within our country.

join