It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buffalo Plane Disaster: 50 Killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Buffalo Plane Disaster: 50 Killed

news.sky.com

A passenger plane has crashed into a home near Buffalo airport in upstate New York, United States, killing 50 people.

The Continental Airlines Flight 3407 was on its final approach to Buffalo Niagara International Airport from Newark, New Jersey.

The plane, a Bombardier Dash 8 Q400, struck a house a few miles from the airport and crashed at 10:17pm local time in Clarence, Erie County.

The plane was carrying over 2.5 tonnes of fuel and burst into a fireball on impact.

All 44 passengers and five crew on board the plane were killed, as well as one person on the ground, the Federal Aviation Administration and local officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
www.nytimes.com
www.timesonline.co.uk

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Another aircrash, but unfortunately this time there were many fatalities.

Not much information as to why this came down because the scene is still too hot. All that fuel (2.5 tonnes) would do a lot of damage and cover quite a big area I bet.

I hope nobody here on ATS had any friends or relatives on that flight.

These crashes are certainly putting pressure on the old phrase of "it's the safest way to travel". Big planes, small planes, we are hearing about them all the time.

I wonder who was actually on this plane and whether there's any hidden reason for it's crash? (as always, I have to wonder) Let's wait for the news to follow and the reports.

Does anyone know anything about the Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 planes?

Sympathy and thoughts to the friends and family of the passengers and crew who died.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Audio Transcript of communications from pilot, control tower and other pilots here from "timesonline.co.uk"

[edit on 13/2/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

join