It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half-Naked Women Make Out Downtown For Animals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The whole hollywood mindset . Theres no such thing as bad publicity. Its kinda like that "baby machine" that added 8 more to her tribe. Now she has her hand out via the net. You can bet saps are filling her coffers as we speak. 10 % of population are born gay , not influenced , so with so many other distractions in headline atm, Peta upped its game for the spotlight. It worked like a charm PETA 1 Masses 0

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by branty
The whole hollywood mindset . Theres no such thing as bad publicity. Its kinda like that "baby machine" that added 8 more to her tribe. Now she has her hand out via the net. You can bet saps are filling her coffers as we speak. 10 % of population are born gay , not influenced , so with so many other distractions in headline atm, Peta upped its game for the spotlight. It worked like a charm PETA 1 Masses 0

Some publicity is bad publicity

Gary Glitter was a famous British glam rock star from the 1970s, he was convicted of kiddie fiddling crimes and his sales have plumetted

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

also, some of their previous stunts caused me to end my subscription

PETA 0

ME 1

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I dont want to get into a whole ,he said, she said thing here. You example of Gary glitter was kinda out there , thats not bad publicity he did, it was a crime. Im merely pointing out WHY PETA did what they did, to grab headlines , and it worked , as for you dropping your subscription , People who never heard of PETA will pick up the slack, as it is being discussed now. My point is......." Did you talk about it yesterday, Are you talking today.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I dont want to get into a whole ,he said, she said thing here. You example of Gary glitter was kinda out there , thats not bad publicity he did, it was a crime.

yes, but publicity can be deliberate or not deliberate, in the case of Glitter (yes, an extreme case) it was not deliberate (in terms of publicity), while in Peta's case it was deliberate- it isnt always a good thing either way

Im merely pointing out WHY PETA did what they did, to grab headlines ,

Yep, it has grabbed headlines, but do not assume there will be a net gain in their subscriptions

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Now I can start nailing my wife downtown to warn people of the money the government is wasting on bailouts. I think I'll do that.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Today ,think of all the soundbites on news reports this will garner, how many newspapers (for their own sensationalist reasons ) will cover this ,with pics. How many guffaws from conservatist, how many snickers from liberals, PETA is getting their story out there , its advertising 101 , get the people talking . Guess what , we are. hence. PETA 1 Masses 0

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I dont want to get into a whole ,he said, she said thing here. You example of Gary glitter was kinda out there , thats not bad publicity he did, it was a crime. Im merely pointing out WHY PETA did what they did, to grab headlines , and it worked , as for you dropping your subscription , People who never heard of PETA will pick up the slack, as it is being discussed now. My point is......." Did you talk about it yesterday, Are you talking today.

I understand what you're saying.. really... It's just that I don't subscribe to the notion that if you don't talk about something, it will go away. It never does, it just festers and gets sicker and sicker.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I wasn't planning on joining PETA but with all this crybaby, whining, holier than thou attitudes expressed on this thread; I just might!

I don't see how kids seeing two half neeked females kissing would somehow turn them into homos. If they are homo, they will eventually be kissing, half neekid anyway.

I'll bet the people complaining about the lesbians kissing in El Paso, are the same type of people that would step across the border from El Paso into Juarez to watch shows that are much more "interesting"

[edit on 13-2-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Im new to site, still learning how to do things here(im old). i wish i could do they grey quote thing for you IAMLONELY, because if you reread your last comment , you just agreed to what PETA did, you said "if you dont talk about things, it only festers and gets worse" this is PETA's position, no one was talking about and it was getting worse. So lets do something to get them to talk, by the way , PETA wouldnt like me, id eat the arse outa a bear , im a carnivore supreme, im just responding to this post as to what their intentions in the Lesbo love-in was all about.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Now i see the real issue, silly of me not to guess right away - the problem is it was a GAY kiss and this is bible thumpin' amerikkka!

You don't have a right to close down all public spaces just because you worry your daughter will turn gay, how about my child who for complex reasons involving the pasta god I want to grow up to be openminded and intelligent? MY ideal world in which to bring up a child she will never see a hateful bigot banning a human from doing anything which causes no actual harm to anyone else.

Gay people exist, people have skin under their clothes - these are just FACTS and we really need to learn how to accept them. Seeing a nude person won't ruin your childs, certainly not as much the highly targeted and very manipulative advertising companies such as Mcdonnalds, Burger King, FC, etc do - would you rather your child was brow beaten day after day into thinking fastfood was happyfood or that she sees two fit and attractive females engaging in a kiss?

Countless studies have shown that eating large amounts of low quality meat is causing a massive health and fittness problem in the western world, it's also unsustainable and very, very costly. You don't mind that the meat producers guild along with every fastfood chain and butchers can push this onto your child, but god forbid she wants have a sexual relationship with another woman!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Let's make a situation of sorts.
Say your daughter was already homosexual, but didn't quite know it yet. Say she only saw heterosexuals kissing (and having sex, etc.) during her life. By not witnessing any kind of lesbian views "views" as you say, she will think that she is weird for not liking guys (even though it's not hurting anyone, except maybe for the guys who may like her). She will grow old and will not be happy.

And the thing about "by their actions to basically tell my daughter to behave like this is unnacceptable" is ridiculous. AND you should completely shelter your child from any influence but your own if you truly think this way.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by flyindevil]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by raz24400

good idea, maybe she could do you as a metaphore for how the roles in governmnt and industry have been reversed so that now instead of a loving embrace which will lead to the growth of a child instead we're bent over and taking it like sissy boys

haha in all seriousness, you could go out and do this, you wouldn't even be the first - the point of a protest movement is to gain attention to an issue, the members know that they will suffer for their actions but they weigh up innaction and consider it to be more harmful - burning your hand opening a door to escape a buildiing aflame is a good example. You take the hit, accept the damage done to your life, be it a spell in prison or a place on the no fly list whatever punishment you get if you consider the issue as more important then its worth it.

If you really care about the issue, if you really think this is the best way to get attention then do it.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
For starters I am not fearing for my daughters sexuality. I'm using it to make a simple point. This world and everyone and their self serving agendas believe and bitch about every effing thing. The world in general is immoral in just about everything it does.

I personally think everyone needs to stop the nonsense and protesting and all the BS. If it was 2 women who just kissed in a natural manner would be one thing but to make a pathitic spectacle of it with props is just childish.

And as far as those of you who are as pathectic trying to justify it, One day reality will set in and you'll take a look in the mirror realize what you do in life and what you really stand for. Try thinking out of respect for yourself and others around you, not your sick twisted, corrupt, fantasies which do nothing more than satisfy your own immoral desires.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

as long as they arent Throwing fake or real animal blood on people
for sporting Furr coats or anything, where is the harm done?
what a way to get attention though

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think Revealation is going green, duck and cover.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by flyindevil

As far as making situations of sorts (role playing or hypothetical situations), this is nothing than mere fantasy . I deal and dabble in reality and real life situations.

I kind of find it hard to take advice from a self proclaimed devil and would definately not take advice from the character in the avatar. How old are you?

Cool Avatar....

[edit on 13/2/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I think Revealation is going green, duck and cover.

Is it green with envy or maybe I'm just getting ready to hurl.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

You could always just say, "Don't behave like that".

If they're so susceptible as to start making out with other girls just because they saw someone do it, maybe you need to get them checked out for a mental illness, or maybe you need to be checked out for bad parenting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join