It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half-Naked Women Make Out Downtown For Animals

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Half-Naked Women Make Out Downtown For Animals

www.kfoxtv.com

EL PASO, Texas -- The activist group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, or PETA gathered in Downtown El Paso Thursday, and it had many people turning out to see what was going on.... "This weekend is Valentine's Day, so it is a great time to get the point across that vegetarians have lower rates of impotence and this is also a great way to show off what a healthy vegetarian body looks like," said Ashley Byrne of PETA.

"Honestly I just want to slap those girls.” Patty Juarez said. “That’s disrespectful for my two kids, and I mean that’s not even right, and then them kissing like that.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
PETA is way out-of-control. They've become shock jocks and nothing more in my opinion. This has NOTHING to do with vegetarianism and EVERYTHING to do with their feelings of being ignored and not being on the front page.

I agree with the woman who said "... I just want to slap those girls..." It truly is NOT appropriate to put something like that on the street where we (parents) don't have any say as to whether our children see it.

This just proves that PETA has become inconsequential and knows it!

www.kfoxtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13/2/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
As long as they don't look like your avatar, it's all good...

Mod Edit -
Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29
As long as they don't look like your avatar, it's all good...

Lol... isn't the avatar just the most beautiful thing? Seriously, that woman looks like what I eventually want to BE... forthright, secure in her being, wise, healthy.... But I do have to say... yeah, not very sexy.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I cant stand PETA.

Though I have no issue with this...The point they were trying to make is ridiculous. Like anyone is going to see their 'point'
:

Vegetarians, Byrne said, have more stamina in the bedroom because they are healthier. It is a point that resonated with other local vegetarians.

All people see are 2 hot chics making out. That's it.

And their 'point' is just wrong. Don't believe it, at all.

Mmmmm. Beef, it is whats for dinner

[edit on 2/13/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Half Naked Women Make Out...

I didnt read the rest of the thread title and here I am - now where are they?

Mod Edit -

Mod Note: One Line / Off Topic Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
hehe as a life long vegaterian i got the 'point'

Seriously, i don't think this is anything more than an attempt at getting publicity for something they believe in -heh, like when truffers stand up and shout at fox news crews, former presidents, etc thats how the world works, people who think you should hear their opinion do something to get in the papers, the papers then report that vegy diet is better for sex and their work has been worthwhile.

Ok so they upset some prudish christian, that's easy to do, semi-nude people protest ALL the time, its very common, those nude ladies in hyde park not too long ago? the french nude models, etc, etc at lest peta had a reason to tie it together (lower impotence in veg diet). haha you're just angry with them because they want you to believe something which goes against your idea that you're uber manly, natural reaction i suppose.

They were making the point that the veg diet is actually really good, old sterotypes of week ineffective people in nosence and needs to be debunked in the mainstream population. Those big macs might be tasty and make you feel like a REAL MAN but look around, those fat useless people aren't shoving lettice into their salivating faces.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
How about the moral and ethical treatment to be displayed in front of our children. Whatever they want to do in their lives is fine but to think that it's for them, by their actions to basically tell my daughter to behave like this is unnacceptable and goes beyond and infringes upon my personal beliefs.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Whilst I'm 100% behind the cause of stopping animal cruelty. The PETA and other animal rights extremists often just take things too far. I don't really see this case as too far. It just shocked/upset a few people who are probably overly sensitive anyway, and could do with a bit of a shock now and again. Morally outrageable people, need something to be morally outraged about. It keeps them going.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Lol... isn't the avatar just the most beautiful thing? Seriously, that woman looks like what I eventually want to BE... forthright, secure in her being, wise, healthy.... But I do have to say... yeah, not very sexy.

dunno about "looking" wise, think she might be looking for her dentures

Mod Edit -

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
***ATTENTION***

Please get on topic, we're not discussing avatars in this thread.

Thank You.

happy Friday.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I aqm a vegetarian and an animal rights activist BUT I totally refuse to give PETA any money ever. I think they have a secondary agenda and it has nothing to do with animals, other than behaving like animals. Who in 2009 still takes PETA serious? Who in 2009 is stupid enough to give PETA donations? When you look at those statistics you will understand why they get up to these antics.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
How about the moral and ethical treatment to be displayed in front of our children.

Don't see how displaying love, affection, and beauty is a threat to the morals of children? I think it is more a matter of perception. They are trying new and creative ways to draw attention to their cause. I don’t see anything wrong with it, then again I am an anarchist and believe in complete freedom.

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by trustnobody

Don't see how displaying love, affection, and beauty is a threat to the morals of children? I think it is more a matter of perception. They are trying new and creative ways to draw attention to their cause. I don’t see anything wrong with it, then again I am an anarchist and believe in complete freedom.

Peace
Trustnobody

freedom just another word for nothing left to lose

I doubt these women were displaying "love" as you put it, maybe lust?

I think they have damaged their cause, I am an animal rights supporter but Peta lost my subscription a long time ago with their antics

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Oh noes, people kissing! what a horrible immoral thing to do! oh just how could they! It shows a severe lack of spiritual and moral...and indeed emotional fortitude that some people think they are stained just by the act of seeing two people kiss. And the worst part of it is we see violence in our society all the time, and people say nothing of it, but display a little affections and its "oh, the horrors". Sick twisted self loathing monotheists.
Of course, strict veganism is not good for you, and often leads to obesity (for those carbitarians) or nutritional deficiency (vitamins A, B, E, and B12 are largely only found in necessary amounts in animal fats) that largely effect brain function and mood, but hey, to each their own.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
as usual you people did EXACTLY what was expected of you . PETA WINS. Are you talking about it now. Were you talking about it yesterday? PETA 1 Masses 0

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by trustnobody

I'm extremely open minded and grew up wild but this is hypocricy.You think it's ok for lesbian views to be forced upon my daughter or any other little girl for that matter?

You obviously don't have kids and if you do need to recheck the values you would want applied to an innocent little girls easily pursuaded mind.

Just because a corrupt society deems this behavior acceptable doesn't make it so.

[edit on 13/2/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Try this with two guys making out in public and see how long this lasts. Suddenly it will no longer be beautiful and romantic. Hetero men are a riot!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by branty
as usual you people did EXACTLY what was expected of you . PETA WINS. Are you talking about it now. Were you talking about it yesterday? PETA 1 Masses 0

I talk about things I dont like, things which can damage organisations- not all publicity is good publicity

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Try this with two guys making out in public and see how long this lasts. Suddenly it will no longer be beautiful and romantic. Hetero men are a riot!

I would be cool if it was guys also. I don't think sexuality is the issue. Just good marketing that makes folks think.

Peace
Trustnobody

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join