It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapelay virtual rape game banned by Amazon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
I am willing to contribute money for a video game where hetero men are raped by other men (homoseual or hetero men) . Why not? As people have said it's human nature and there has to be freedom of speech etc etc.

Im not sure of your point, I would view any rape game as despicable regardless of men or women being raped

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

Originally posted by traderjack
This is just disgusting. Rape games? Don't tell me this won't instill the perversion of rape in the minds of young men and boys. The creators of this game should be shot!

These creators are obviously pedophiles and rapists, even if they haven't acted on it!

That makes no sense...its just a game though,as someone else said you should see some of the games the japanese like to play..

What doesn't make sense? They've created a game that is based off of violent sexual fantasies of women and children. If you have rape fantasies or pedophilic fantasies you are screwed up, end of story! And if you are developing games that glamorize these perversions then you are at some level a rapist and/or pedophile!

And I don't give to shakes what the heck the Japanese do! I do not admire their culture.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Phoenix - it's always fun to play devil's advocate, but pretty much your argument is weak. There are too many studies out there proving a desensitization after continual exposure to violence.

My point is, and what if it's true? Are you going to put all your trust in the goverment and let them decide what to ban? Banning movies that has swear words, anti goverment comments, maybe tripping down the stairs might be too violent.

People scream about freedoms, yet they complain about these movies, games, art.

Hypocrites? Ironic?

One day they might ban something you love, because "their" opinion is not the same as yours.

I'm looking at this from all perspectives.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

I am willing to contribute money for a video game where hetero men are raped by other men (homoseual or hetero men) . Why not? As people have said it's human nature and there has to be freedom of speech etc etc.

Im not sure of your point, I would view any rape game as despicable regardless of men or women being raped

I totally agree with you. The point I am making is that there are way too few men stepping up to stop this kind of sexual aggression towards women. Too many men perceive this kind of behavior as something women should deal with rather than society as a whole. Maybe if the effects of the action were more immediate change will come.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Phoenix - it's always fun to play devil's advocate, but pretty much your argument is weak. There are too many studies out there proving a desensitization after continual exposure to violence.

My point is, and what if it's true? Are you going to out all your trust in the goverment and let them decide what to ban? Because one day they might ban something you love, because "their" opinion is not the same as yours.

Are you saying you love rape and violence? I promise you that's not something to advicate for. And since that is what the thread is about you may be batting a losing wicket here, mate.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

I think there is already a homo man to hetero man rape game here.

I don't think a rape game is a good thing, but it is protected by the Japanese constitution.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I totally agree with you. The point I am making is that there are way too few men stepping up to stop this kind of sexual aggression towards women. Too many men perceive this kind of behavior as something women should deal with rather than society as a whole. Maybe if the effects of the action were more immediate change will come.

Theres a problem with your logic. These are not real women. They are drawn pictures, pixels on a screen. the real women are the voice actresses who happily have fun and get paid to do a great job.

They should remind us by saying this on their product.
"No women were harmed in the making of this game/movie" lol

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

If that were the case I would agree, though I'm not so sure.

We all have mothers, many of us have sisters, daughters, etc- and you only have to consider such a thing on them to make you fill with rage (not that you even need to be close to a mother or other female relative to instinctively get angry)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_Theres a problem with your logic. These are not real women. They are drawn pictures, pixels on a screen. the real women are the voice actresses who happily have fun and get paid to do a great job.

A game with it's sole purpose for "fun" as raping women and making them have abortions- there is no logic there, clearly it is disturbed, debased and regardless of us all chattin nicely on the internet about "releases", will help to encourage a culture where people become desensitised to sexual violence.

What piece of vermin thought of this game, I mean really, what sort of knacker is he/she

[edit on 13-2-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Maybe you will find this more amusing when it happens to your wife, mother, sister, daughter. Ever notice how men speak in such glowing terms about dating a stripper? Have you ever heard about a guy who bragged that his sister, daughter mother is a stripper?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

My point is, and what if it's true? Are you going to out all your trust in the goverment and let them decide what to ban? Because one day they might ban something you love, because "their" opinion is not the same as yours.

Are you saying you love rape and violence? I promise you that's not something to advicate for. And since that is what the thread is about you may be batting a losing wicket here, mate.

Is that all you got from my comment? my god...lol

I'm talking about freedom.

I don't think I'm losing any battle here. In fact most western countries logically back me up. You call yourselves free countries. Then stick by it, don't be hypocrites.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Unfortunately that no longer works in a number of countries, primarily because of people like a number of those in this thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

What piece of vermin thought of this game, I mean really, what sort of knacker is he/she

What kind of society would consider this to be amusement? Just like the case about the child brides in the middle east, this is not civilized behavior. Whether cartoon or real life.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Maybe you will find this more amusing when it happens to your wife, mother, sister, daughter. Ever notice how men speak in such glowing terms about dating a stripper? Have you ever heard about a guy who bragged that his sister, daughter mother is a stripper?

You are not making any sense at all....I am not letting personal feelings warp my views, I am looking at logic. You are letting your personal feelings affect how you judge this situation.

OK I'll live in your world, where freedoms are taken away, and all movies, art and games are banned. You happy now?

Also no I have not heard a man brag about his mom or sister being a stripper. lol. And of course I'm not a bragging type anyway.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I don't think I'm losing any battle here. In fact most western countries logically back me up. You call yourselves free countries. Then stick by it, don't be hypocrites.

There are laws in every country and rape is against those laws in most civilized societies. Consider pedophiles being arrested for trying to pick up little boys and girls online. When they are arrested they haven't actually had sex with them, just the intent to.

Your arguments are weak and predictable. I am betting good money you are in your teens. You know the I want some, can't get none group.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

What kind of society would consider this to be amusement? Just like the case about the child brides in the middle east, this is not civilized behavior. Whether cartoon or real life.

I agree, sometimes "freedom" is bandied about to surpress reason (and Lord knows I have issues with our govts and their curbs on our freedom) but to suggest that

a) the creation of a game (a game is designed purely for fun) in which you control a character who rapes mothers and daughters and forces them to have abortions
b) is distributed and bought by a considerable number of people
c) Is defended under "freedom"

is a sign that perhaps we really our civilisation is in terminal decline (I think it went into decline from the 60s onwards)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

There are laws in every country and rape is against those laws in most civilized societies. Consider these pedophiles being arrested for trying to pick up little boys and girls online. When they are arrested they haven't actually had sex with them, just the intent to.

Your arguments are weak and predictable. I am betting good money you are in your teens. You know the I want some, can't get none group.

Right......

Of course rape is against the laws, those are crimes. Drawing pictures is NOT a crime.

I find your comment on your views on who I am to be quite offensive.... maybe I should get someone to ban that comment, hmmm.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Yeah your right to a certain degree, but not everyone is obsessed with materialism. I live in the UK and the New Labour government has a lot to answer for. They have more or less destroyed family values, as well as good old Christian values, while forcing both parents to go out to work, with no one familiar to look after the children. They've relaxed gambling laws, and now most teenagers are up to their necks in debt. If we had a government that actually subscribed to morality, ethics and responsibility, then we wouldn't have half the problems we currently have within our society. In less than 10 years, they have completely trashed our culture.

Parents are also to blame and are equally responsible. I watched a report on newsround about computer violence and one parent being interviewed was talking while her 7 year old son sat in the background playing GTAIII on his PS2. She basically said that if she hadn't bought him the game, he would of simply got it off his friends. Unbelievable, as he shouldn't be playing the game at all, considering its a 18 certificate. Some people are simply not fit or intelligent enough to have children.

www.telegraph.co.uk...'s-family-party-posturing-is-shameless.html

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Be my guest, though your arguments are more offensive than anything I could possibly say. Justifying rape in any form , suggestion, anime, with stuffed toys etc is always offensive.

I repeat rape is an act of violence not of lust , and this game demonstrates that it is amusing and entertaining when women get raped. I am sure it will be considered a huge hit in Rwanda where rape was part of the genocidal strategy.

By the way your response confirmed my statement.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I repeat rape is an act of violence not of lust , and this game demonstrates that it is amusing and entertaining when women get raped.

By the way your response confirmed my statement.

"I repeat rape is an act of violence not of lust , and this game demonstrates that it is amusing and entertaining when drawn, not real, fantasy women get raped. "

I'm pretty sure the makers ARE 100% against real rape.

Do you even know what real means?

Plenty of people fantasize about having an affair, but they would never have one. The fantasy is not real, the "act" is real.

Your statement? You mean your highly disrespectful guess at who I am?

OK, let's see, "I guess your a middle aged confused, grumpy woman, who can't get some..."

Now I did not mean that at all, but do you see how disrespectful a guess like that is?

Peace.

p.s, The ban comment I said was an ironic joke. I was not serious.

You opinion of me is obviously very low, well that's a shame I guess.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join