It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wind Turbine Damage Not Cause By UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

A 65 ft blade that flew off the turbine came loose after bolts attaching it to the hub failed, not because of a collision, examination of the components has revealed.

...after weeks of analysis the turbine manufacturer Enercon has released an interim report identifying material fatigue as the cause of the accident.

They are now carrying out further tests to establish what caused the bolts to come loose, focusing on the blade and hub components to which they were attached. If one of these failed, the bolts could have been put under unbearable stress.

Fraser McLachlan of GCube, which insures more than 25,000 wind turbines, said at the time that a simple mechanical failure was the most likely explanation. "You get three or four cases of things like this a year. They are machines and machines are going to break," he said.
SOURCE

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Good find. Sure lays that one to rest. Seemed like the most obvious explanation anyway.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodForbid
Good find. Sure lays that one to rest...

But we both know it won't.

It is jut a matter of time before there are cries of cover-up, accusations that I am closed-minded or a paid-government disinformant, and so forth.

[edit on 13-2-2009 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Oh You got that one spot on.

Would love to see the replies on this

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

It's a cover-up I tell ya! SC, I reckon you must be a disinformation agent of the shadow government!

Nice find mate!

IRM

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It's a cover-up I tell ya! SC, I reckon you must be a disinformation agent of the shadow government!

Nice find mate!

You caught me!

Thanks. I am sure this may have already been posted on the other existing threads regarding the wind turbine, but I wanted to create a seperate thread for the official explanation as it may get buried in the longer threads.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
it always strikes me as strange that it is the manufactor that carries out the fault finding.. not an independant bodie. after all it has the most to lose ???

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
it always strikes me as strange that it is the manufactor that carries out the fault finding.. not an independant bodie. after all it has the most to lose ???

But if nobody got hurt and this is not a widespread and chronic public safety hazard, why would an independent body even get involved?

If I own a car that is under warranty and the engine fails, the car mechanic who works for the car manufacturer (dealership) would be the one who investigates why why engine failed (in order to fix the problem). There would be no "independent body" investigation unless there was a widespread problem with that particular car and people began to get hurt.

top topics

join